Why Do I Still Feel Hungry On Duromine Day 3?

Healthyfor2015

Standard Member
Apr 2, 2015
I dont think my hunger has disappeared at all yet! but then again, I have been eating less than normal but its taken all my willpower because Im starving the whole time!

I was prescribed 30mg by the doctor and I'm on my 3rd day now. Anyone know why its not working for me?

Does duromine speed up the metabolism or anything? Or is it only supposed to help you eat less?

Reactions: Madaselle

missduromine

Standard Member
Apr 1, 2015
It happened to me too..
I still feel my stomach is 'hungry' but I really no appertite.
Last night before I went to bed, I feel nausea even I had my dinner (I was really confused if it was because I'm really hungry or just a nausea due to side effect.. )
So cant help but grab a piece of biscuit to eat..

Do u feel headache too? Do u eat 3 meals a day? If not then I think maybe that could be a reason. Duromine is an appetite suppressant so it will make us feel No Appetite and eat less.. :)
Hope it will get better for u soon.. ^^

Audrey3

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2013
For some people the Duromine does not take your appetite away completely in the beginning. You need to give your body time to get used to it.
Best advise is to eat 3 to 5 small meals and give it time;)
And if you feel like snacking try to keep it healthy - some yogurt, fruit, nuts, raisins, cottage cheese or low GI toast, although I try to cut carbs as far as possible.

Booty

Standard Member
Aug 8, 2015
I use to starve / binge.
Id be a big coffee drinker, and only eat dinner at night. Usually something high carb to fill you up!

Since being on duromine 30mg (day 8 today) i too have felt hungry, often. I think it does increase your metabolism? When i do feel hungry, i eat something. I think it is fantastic. I never use to get hungry.. not with all that coffee anyway, now I snack every 3hrs or so. A boiled egg here, a banana there. Handful of nuts. Small things.. I think by doing this, when i stop duromine i wont put the weight back on and will maintain a healthy lifestyle. I have also adapted a no carbs in the PM policy. :)
Myfitnesspal is also a good app to help keep what goes in, on track. X

Janlai

Standard Member
Feb 23, 2016
It happened to me too..
I still feel my stomach is 'hungry' but I really no appertite.
Last night before I went to bed, I feel nausea even I had my dinner (I was really confused if it was because I'm really hungry or just a nausea due to side effect.. )
So cant help but grab a piece of biscuit to eat..

Do u feel headache too? Do u eat 3 meals a day? If not then I think maybe that could be a reason. Duromine is an appetite suppressant so it will make us feel No Appetite and eat less.. :)
Hope it will get better for u soon.. ^^
Hi I'm the same , I'm on 40gm .. Feel hungry all the time but only eat a little, no appetite, I'm on my 3rd day .. Hadn't sleep at all , feel so tire and massive headaches .. Been eating small portion and drink 2.5 litre water . Not sure if I should stop or continue.. Does that happen to anyone? Thanks you

jane_o

Standard Member
Feb 24, 2016
I feel exactly the same, it definately has not taken away my appetite or craving for cake, chocolate and junk food. But my will power to not eat all of that stuff has been better .. I feel as though I am starving but fighting the urge to have those snacks at night before bed. And maybe the Duromine is Helping me fight it better? I don't know.