What Is D Doing To My Periods?

LollyTerror

Standard Member
Oct 8, 2014
I've been on the pill for about 20yrs with only a couple of brief times off it, and never had any issues, until now. I've had my period 3 times in the past 6 wks and I've been on 30mg D for about 2 months now. I've lost 6kg in that time, which I wouldn't have thought would have affected my period, especially considering I'm on the pill. Felt massive sugar cravings this morning and couldn't figure out why, until the Red Baron arrived this arvo. Anyone else experiencing period havoc as well?

Rosie C

Standard Member
Sep 22, 2014
Melbourne, Victoria
Woah! 3 times in 6 weeks?! That's different!

I actually find that D actually regulates my periods in the same way it used to regulate when I was being very healthy (i.e.: eating very healthy/small portions/exercising very regularly).

Since being on D I don't get mood swings, my boobs don't hurt as much, only only get a few 'signals' my body needs a bit more fat in it...
My first period on D, about 2 days before I felt a tiny bit nauseous and craved cheese(usual for me, i don't have a sweet tooth). I succumbed and got a Macca's cheeseburger. All 230 calories and it was glorious! And afterwards I was full and felt sated. That was all. No period pains. Also, usually shorter periods.

This is something i've always suspected though, that the healthier I was across the board - the smaller my food intake - the less ALL of the period side effects were felt.

Not sure if it helps at all - Just sharing. If definitely "changes" my cycle's effects, but in a good way and not the cycle in itself.

I hope more people share about this topic - there are probably a lot of women out there who are experiencing monthly changes - this might be a nice forum for that.

Good luck!

Kate

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 21, 2009
Oh, ladies...
Periods are regulated by HORMONES, Duromine has nothing to do with that. It is weight loss that changes hormonal balance. That's all. Hence various menstrual irregularities.

P.S. Lolly, have you been on Duromine for 20 years?? I am right? Why? I would think twice before exposing my brain to such harm for so long, sorry :(

LollyTerror

Standard Member
Oct 8, 2014
Oh, ladies...
Periods are regulated by HORMONES, Duromine has nothing to do with that. It is weight loss that changes hormonal balance. That's all. Hence various menstrual irregularities.

P.S. Lolly, have you been on Duromine for 20 years?? I am right? Why? I would think twice before exposing my brain to such harm for so long, sorry :(
The pill I've been on for 20 yrs that I'm referring to is the contraceptive pill. I've lost 6kg in the past two months on Duromine. Not a huge weight loss to trigger polymenhorrea I wouldn't have thought?

Reactions: Rosie C

Rosie C

Standard Member
Sep 22, 2014
Melbourne, Victoria
Oh, ladies...

P:(.S. Lolly, have you been on Duromine for 20 years?? I am right? Why? I would think twice before exposing my brain to such harm for so long, sorry
Absolutely, Kate - Periods are absolutely regulated by hormones. But hormones are also effected by out food/sugar/fats intake.

People on Duromine usually have a higher intake of less healthy foods so when the appetite suppressant side of it kicks in and the diet cleans up tout de suite, it can have a very brisk effect on hormones/negative side effects of periods.

That said, I doubt it has much to do with what Lolly was saying.

Also, I think LollyTerror was saying she'd been on "the Pill' for 20 years and Duromine for only 2 months.

Reactions: LollyTerror