Water Weight

No more fat bum

Standard Member
Jan 12, 2015
Just curious on your opinion. When first starting, our initial weight loss is water weight. How many kgs do you think this would be. I see a lot of post about losing 3.5 or so in the first week and they believe this to be water weight. Surely it's not just water weight its fat loss too. Thoughts?

Kate

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 21, 2009
Well, it's hard to say because we are all different...
But I am sure some fat goes away with that water too. Especially if you add some more physical activity, the body simply needs more energy. There's one condition though - you consume less calories than you used to. Something like that.

Reactions: No more fat bum

cassieriordan

Standard Member
Jan 13, 2015
newcastle nsw
Just curious on your opinion. When first starting, our initial weight loss is water weight. How many kgs do you think this would be. I see a lot of post about losing 3.5 or so in the first week and they believe this to be water weight. Surely it's not just water weight its fat loss too. Thoughts?
hi. i started on monday at 63kg. today is day 5 and i weighed in at 59.1 hopefully thats not all water..although i do feel a lot less bloated. CHEERS

Joe Classy

Standard Member
Dec 11, 2014
Adelaide
If you are tracking weight loss on a daily basis, I feel over a longer period you would be able to determine any water weight loss. The initial loss would be quicker, so the slope of the decline much sharper, then the rate of decline will be less as the fat loss occurs. May be difficult if you're exercising and putting on some muscle. That is where the measurements come into their own as a trackable bit of data.

You can see below if you draw an average line of the first 3 dot points it is much steeper than the average line of all the other dots. So for me, I would expect that is either;
a) water loss
b) loss of residual food still in 'processing'.

EDIT: the weight loss across first three dots was -3.7 in 5 days.
The rest was -3kg in 3 weeks.
2nd Edit: Data is from Fitbit Aria scale.

Last edited:
T

Trudeelala

Thanks joe! And now i think im building muscle thats why my body weight hasnt budge at all since last year :( and from september ive been taking herbalife and shaklee soy protein shakes and Do some yoga and exercises but to no avail the weight HAS NOT budge at alll until jan 2015 - then i decided to go for duromine.

BUT, my clothes do feels better on me.. And i have a firm shaped body (i dont look overweight) the doc had to measure my height and weigh me to know that im overweight (over BMI) and should loss a bit of weight to be in the 'healthy range' hence he approved the duromine for me. Its hard to have it in my country i feel so lucky coming home in tears lol

At 71.5kg i can wear size 28/UK10 pants and size S or M blouses.. But the fact that im 71.5kg irks me so much i HAVE to lose the weight! :(

Btw joe, i was 50-55kgs prior to pregnancies and i fit the same size of clothing pretty much now (just the overweight part) so with all these muscle weight on me, is it possible to go back to 50-55kgs?