This Is The Last Resort

Square One

Standard Member
Mar 16, 2015
Hi all

Well I went to my doctor last Thursday after having blood tests done to check all levels for anything untoward as we have a family history of Thyroid issues. All was perfect. I am at my wits end trying to lose weight. I am 54 next week and menopausal (hot flushes are the pits). I am fairly active as I have 2 horses and ride one competitively in cross country jumping (One Day Events) so I am not sitting on the couch eating chips all day.

No matter how hard I tried to lose weight if I so much as sniffed a calorie over what I should eat...bam....on goes the kilos I have just lost and then some.

I weighted in at the doctors at 81.6kg, the heaviest I have ever been in my life, I am 5'2" or 157cm. I was so upset about it.

I went on Duromine back in the 90s and was successful but over time the weight came back with avengence when I got slack about keeping control. Back then I got heart palpatations and was completely 'wired' and frantic . I would clean out the cupboards at 2am. My doctor then was a medical centre and a 'conveyer belt' style, just write the script and shove the patient out the door.

My current doctor is a wonderful caring lady and she did not undertake prescribing Duromine lightly. I am on weekly visits for monitoring.

The good news is that after 4 days I have lost close to 2kg. I do have a dry mouth and it tastes like I just licked the bottom of a bird cage but if that is the only side effect, I can live with that.

Square One

Standard Member
Mar 16, 2015
This is the pic that had me in tears at the way I look. My poor horse having to jump cross country with a tub of lard on his back :-(
Yuck.jpg