Stats After First 30 Days

Nasisnz

Standard Member
Jan 8, 2015
hi I'm Dave :)
I'm 42 and a power lifter, I've always struggled with excess fat and now at 158kg and a crazy bmi, my doctor convinced me to try durimine so here's day two :) I took my first one at 4pm and finally got to sleep at 4am! This morning and woke up at 830am, feeling s a little yuck and need to drink lots of water to not feel like being sick, does this subside?

Kate

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 21, 2009
Hi, Dave
Yes, it should subside with time. Just make sure you take the pills at the same time daily and drink lots of water (necessary). It also depends on the dose. If you are taking 30mg, then you can ask for 15mg. But usually, normal sleep restores after a week maximum.

Nasisnz

Standard Member
Jan 8, 2015
Hi guys thanks for the replys, the side affects are lessening, and I'm now at 156.8 at day 3 :) im finding im drinking about 5l of water throughout the day and having to force myself to eat a little every 3 hours (trainer and doctors advice) I'm loving how this is nailing the appetite!

Reactions: Kate

Kellyk2

Standard Member
Jan 4, 2015
Hi Guys
Yes, Dave I had the same on the first day - I was so thirsty but could only take very small sips of water as if I had of taken big sips or gulped it, I would have been sick. Was very nauseous.

Its fine now though - I'm on the 4th day and my only symptoms are insomnia and heartburn. Both are manageable.
Scales show 3.7kg loss so far, which is encouraging.

Nasisnz

Standard Member
Jan 8, 2015
I started back at the gym last night, managed a 3/4 session and a 4km walk, i only had a bowl of cornflakes yesterday and a couple of coffees, I have to watch that I eat as I'm finding I don't eat at all otherwise.

This week I'm working away from home so can concentrate on this solely so it's a 4km walk and the gym everyday

Kellyk2

Standard Member
Jan 4, 2015
I'm not managing to eat much either.
I have a smoothie in the morning, which is about 500 calories.
Have to force myself to eat two boiled eggs at lunch.
Then I'm only managing about two bites of dinner.

I know I'm not eating enough but I'm struggling to do anymore.

Nasisnz

Standard Member
Jan 8, 2015
Try a protien shake, I think we need at least 1500 cals a day, I aim for 2grams of protien per kg

Kellyk2

Standard Member
Jan 4, 2015
Yes I was thinking that. The doc said she wants me to have at least 1000 calories. I'll see if I can stomach another smoothie in the afternoon.

I can't believe how effective this medication is. I've gone from being hungry all the time to feeling sick at the sight or smell of food!

Nasisnz

Standard Member
Jan 8, 2015
Your dead right, usually the hunger is crazy, it's doing exactly what I wished for, and I'm now able to manage food based on an eating schedule and nutritional requirements without craving and needing food, I'm on day 7 today and excited about weigh in tonight :)

Reactions: No more fat bum

Ally-Cat

Standard Member
Nov 19, 2014
Amanzimtoti Durban KZN SOUTH - AFRICA
Good luck to both you guys!!!

I'm on my 2 month but had to take a 2 week break from Duromine on my dr's request seeing that I had some blood tests coming up.

But in these 2 months with the break in between them I've managed to loose 15-16kg already.

I hope you guys keep loosing ey!!!!!

Kellyk2

Standard Member
Jan 4, 2015
Thank you, thats really inspiring! Hopefully we will see similar results to you!
I'm on day 5 and scales show a 4.1kg loss so wanting that to continue.

Nasisnz

Standard Member
Jan 8, 2015
So weigh in tonight
Jan 5th I was 158.8kg with no cloths
Jan 12th I am 154.8kg in gym cloths

So 4kg over 7 days is a good start!!

Kellyk2

Standard Member
Jan 4, 2015
Wow thats amazing!!! Nice work - very excited to see your results at the end of the month too.

Are you taking measurements or just the weight?

Joe Classy

Standard Member
Dec 11, 2014
Adelaide
Good stuff Dave!

I've recently played some squash and attended the regular SkateFit thing I do - I found both times lacking a lot in energy. So I think definitely the intake needs to match whatever expenditure you're going to be doing.

Nasisnz

Standard Member
Jan 8, 2015
Good stuff Dave!

I've recently played some squash and attended the regular SkateFit thing I do - I found both times lacking a lot in energy. So I think definitely the intake needs to match whatever expenditure you're going to be doing.
Couldn't agree more, regimenting the meals have helped a lot