Not Losing Weight

Danielle F

Standard Member
Sep 19, 2014
Has anyone else been taking duromine and not seen their weight move??
I am eating practically nothing, like 2 protein bars a day AND i work as a waitress, so am running around for around 10 hours a day and my weight STILL has not budged, its been 4 weeks! I'm so confused!! anyone else had this???

Kate

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 21, 2009
You're not eating at all. What did you expect? Your body is just afraid you will starve it, so it doesn't want to get rid of its "precious energy storages" (aka fat deposits). I have no other explanation. Sorry:oops:

Reactions: Caity

Treadmeal

Standard Member
Nov 13, 2014
Brisbane
Hi Danielle
Kate has hit the nail on the head.
One of the things my GP warned me...I won't feel like eating but if I don't.. it will defeat the purpose...as my metabolism will slow right down to conserve stores thinking it's in a famine. The medication gives us the opportunity to establish new healthy eating habits that will see the excess weight come off and stay off. That is a challenge in and of itself..old habits die hard as they say;);)
So I guess if it were me...I've tried the barely eat for 4 weeks and no result...so I would next try the eat 3 meals and 2 snacks for 2 weeks and see if that changes the outcomes. If not then perhaps medical checks to make sure there's not some other underlying cause.
Good luck
Leah

Reactions: Kamogelo Lesesa

MJC2312

Standard Member
Dec 3, 2014
Hey, Im new to this site, but join for some good advise, today is my 2nd weight in. I started duromine 40g, 2 weeks ago and was so excited I dropped 7kg in one week, 2nd week lucky to have lost 1 kilo, im so down was on such a high with the weight falling off then a sudden holt. I have like 80kilo to loose and also stick to the weight watchers points, my points r 48 for the day but im only using on average 25 as I just cant eat anymore. Im feeling kinda down right now, is this normal on duromine, I thought it would just keep dropping, my diet hasnt changed in past 2 wks.

Reactions: Lenina

Ally-Cat

Standard Member
Nov 19, 2014
Amanzimtoti Durban KZN SOUTH - AFRICA
I'm with Kate on that one your body has gone into starvation mode!!!!!
You need to eat a bit more even if its just little bit and small meals at least 3-5 times a day.
Try and eat proteins and don't give up on it yet!!!
:)

MJC2312

Standard Member
Dec 3, 2014
Well my week 2 sudden holt has gone to a 500g put on, I'm now eating up to 30 of my 48 weight watchers points drinking 2 litres water daily and nothing. Lost 8kg in 2 wks and now put on half. Feeling very frustrated

LollyTerror

Standard Member
Oct 8, 2014
If that is you in your profile picture Danielle F then you really shouldn't be taking Duromine. You wouldn't have lost any weight possibly because you have nothing to lose! Duromine is an appetite suppressant - not a fat reduction pill. It will reduce hunger, so overeating can't occur - people will generally lose weight because their caloric intake is reduced. If you eat next to nothing though your body will catabolise muscle and retain fat stores.

Reactions: jane_o

LollyTerror

Standard Member
Oct 8, 2014
MJC2312 - sounds like your initial weight loss was likely fluid (water). Stop staring at your scales. Weight can fluctuate especially if you are prone to water retention. I'm not familiar with ww points, but if you're eating 3 healthy meals a day and a couple of snacks you should be on track. Start to increase your exercise level too. Judge your weight loss on how you feel not what the scales say'

Tgal

Standard Member
Jul 13, 2015
I am eating practically nothing, like 2 protein bars a day AND i work as a waitress, so am running around for around 10 hours a day and my weight STILL has not budged, its been 4 weeks! I'm so confused!! anyone else had this???
hey.
am on the 3rd week and just lost 3kg. its not even suppressing my appetite. i just get a dry mouth and i sleep like a baby. but i still have hope.

ippy

Standard Member
Aug 12, 2015
I started 4 weeks ago this coming Saturday I'm eating healthy still exercising and I've lost about 2kgs not what I was hoping for I'm an active person and portion sizes are good. I gained weight over 3 pregnancies and it just won't budge it seen duromine isn't helping either. I think 4 weeks is giving it a pretty good go

Kate

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 21, 2009
ippy,
Nobody really can tell how much and during what time you will lose. You just see the results people are sharing, but your case is individual, keep that in mind. It just can't be that your body does not lose weight if you continue the proper diet and exercise routine. It is simple physics - you reduce the intake of calories, increase the expenditure -> your body burns fat to get the energy. You just need more time. Be patient please:)
P.S. It does not mean that the pills aren't working. Duromine does not burn fat, it only suppresses your appetite. The rest is up to you.

ippy

Standard Member
Aug 12, 2015
ippy,
Nobody really can tell how much and during what time you will lose. You just see the results people are sharing, but your case is individual, keep that in mind. It just can't be that your body does not lose weight if you continue the proper diet and exercise routine. It is simple physics - you reduce the intake of calories, increase the expenditure -> your body burns fat to get the energy. You just need more time. Be patient please:)
P.S. It does not mean that the pills aren't working. Duromine does not burn fat, it only suppresses your appetite. The rest is up to you.
It doesn't suppress my appetite though and I don't have an over eating problem or a lazy problem either so I'm stumped so are my doctors no thyroid problem or glucose either.

Bellalouise29

Standard Member
Oct 7, 2016
I have been on it for 2 and a half months. And haven't lost anything. I only get a little bit of a dry mouth and notice I don't eat as much. I really only eat my three meals a day and depending on what I am doing snack through out on fruit or nuts. I walk nearly every day (if not raining) I see a PT once a week and I do dance class 2 times a week. And nothing has moved. I was on 30g and coz two months and nothing we moved to 40g. Yet even thou it's two weeks on 40g, still nothing. I sleep fine! I tend to get exsursted real quick when I do a work out. I am getting really frustrated coz this year I just keep putting on even when I was keep on top of my health and fitness and wanted some extra help. And does t seem to be working. I haven't even lost 0.5kg. My doctor thought it was weird why we went up to 40g. And it is the highest we can go! I just want this extra weight to go away!!

EJJ

Standard Member
Aug 12, 2016
Your body's going into starvation mode because your not eating! Find out how many calories you need and stick to that

Shellz86

Standard Member
Nov 1, 2016
HI, i am on 30mg for the past 2 weeks, first week i went on the military diet, just to jump start it as i also had a wedding on that Friday. but now that the wedding is finished, i went back to my healthy eating habits, and on a 1200 calorie diet. been drinking 3 liters of water a day and maybe more sometimes a little less depending on the day.. but i weighed in today and i have picked up 3kgs. since my first weigh in. feeling very despondent. I have also not had my period.. am about 4 days late.. any advice please. I have also been at gym everyday this week. and was at gym 3 times last week.

laura kate

Premium Member
Oct 30, 2015
Adelaide
You have to eat minimum 1.200 calories a day. even if the thought of eating repulses you, you have to eat. otherwise if by some mirical you do loose weight eating nothing on duromine.. the week you come off it and get hungry and eat even healthy food you will put it all back on quicker than you lost it. duromine should be used as an aid to correct lifestyle choices and train the tummy. when i was on duromine ( recently gone back on again) i didn't do anything im not prepared to do forever.. i didnt work out like crazy... i ate well while still eating the stuff i love because im not willing to go without forever.. this way when you come off duromine you will have the same routines or habbits.

JenniferOlivier

Standard Member
Nov 14, 2017
That's odd because I also don't eat much. I'll have a small bowl of cereal in the morning, maybe an apple in the evening, and usually like eggs or chicken at dinner, but I really don't eat much. And I don't drink a lot of water and ice lost 3kg in 4 days.. Is this normal?