Discussion in 'Introductions' started by icurhonda, Feb 14, 2019.

1. icurhonda

icurhonda New Member
    Standard Member

Starting Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Height:
    Goal Weight:
    hi i have just got my script for 15 mg of duromine i havent filled it yet as i am scared that 1 it wont work and 2 the side effects
    i dont want to waste my money so i guess i am looking for some encourgement please

#1 Feb 14, 2019
  2. loulou1211

loulou1211 New Member
    Standard Member

Hi, I am also a new member.

I was very lucky because a work friend was on duromine last year and gave me a few of her 40mg duromine tablets to try. I only ever got 5 or 6 at a time from her and took them every three days so I could see the effect they had on me. I always assumed a dr would never give me a script for them because I didn’t have a bmi of over 30 or 35 but I went to a dr a few days ago and he gave me a script for 30mg. As I knew what to expect I was not hesitant about taking them as I knew the side effects it gave me (dry mouth, no sleep, high energy) and I knew that it was very worth the money as duromine really does work.

If you have been given a script I can only assume your dr considers it is safe for you and checked your blood pressure etc. as for the side effects, you really won’t know how it will effect you until you take them, 15mg is a good dose to start on as I started on 40mg and even that wasn’t anywhere near as bad as I was expecting it to be based on what I had heard before I ever took them.

What I would suggest is start by taking it every second day until you know how it effects you and then you could go to every day if you are happy with the side effects it gives you, if it does give you any. Everyone is different and it effects people I know that take it differently to how it effects me but from my own experience I can’t talk highly enough of the results. Worth the dry mouth, price and sleeplessness!

#2 Feb 15, 2019
  3. icurhonda

icurhonda New Member
    Standard Member

thankyou so much for the advice
    i know its only 10 kilos and some ppl have alot more to lose
    i am feeling reaaly crap as i had weight loss surgery 7 years ago and got rid of 40 kilos
    i know how easy it is for 10 kilos to turn into 40
    i still cant control my eating

#3 Feb 15, 2019
  4. loulou1211

loulou1211 New Member
    Standard Member

Yeah I understand, 10kg may not sound like much but every kg makes a difference. I am aiming to lose 10kg as well.

Wow 40kg is an incredible loss!
    The eating part is so hard to control, I relapsed last night and ate a whole pizza and it made me feel so awful about myself so I know what you mean about trying to control your eating I struggle the most with that even on the days I do take my duromine. My dr also suggested that I try talking to a psychologist not for weight issues but for my eating issues so I’m considering booking that to see if it will help me gain some better self control with food.

Keep at it, I know it’s hard but duromine will help get you there and maybe help with feeling motivated too

#4 Feb 16, 2019
    Dre likes this.
  5. Rava

Rava Well-Known Member
    Premium Member

Did you end up filling your script @icurhonda ?

If so how are you going?

#5 Mar 13, 2019
    Dre likes this.
  6. Dre

Dre Well-Known Member
    The Slayers Team

Hello icurhonda
    nice to meet you and welcome to the forum!

it's hard to control our eating habits isn't it?
    believe me i know, and of course other vices don't help either..
    my advice is to fill the 15ml script and give it a go, life is too short.
    and you may love it x

and remember your not alone here, April is great for help and advice!
    Rava, Jo666 and Bonnie13 are amazing as well.
    all are experienced and are lovely people.

Hugs
    Dre

#6 Mar 24, 2019