New Start... sort of

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Bam Bam, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Bam Bam

Bam Bam Active Member
    Premium Member

Starting Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Height:
    158 cm
    Lost:
    Goal Weight:
    65 kg
    Hello Everyone!

Happy new year! I don’t think I have been on this forum for about 2 years, back when I was still at Uni. I started a Duromine journey then, and unfortunately it got cut short because I fell ill with Glandular fever and It took a long time to recover (I’m 35 with 2 kids - it hit pretty hard).

But I took my first 30mg tablet this morning. I wouldn’t call this a New Years resolution - I have been gearing myself up to taking my health more seriously for a month or so. I bought myself a new Fitbit, smart scales and exercise mat before Christmas. I saw my doctor yesterday to get a new Duromine script, set my alarm for 5am this morning to take the tablet and will be joining Tony Ferguson later today.

I used to be very fit and active, but towards the end of my Uni studies, I really let myself go. I guess it was a combination of high stress (so, comfort eating), lack of sleep and poor time management. I do easily gain weight, but I really can’t blame my body this time considering how I was treating it. I now have a post-uni career which involves a lot of strenuous field work (I am a geologist), and it’s time for me to get my body healthy so that I can actually do my job AND not cause myself an injury. But also, I want to feel good in my own skin again. I am embarrassed about my body, and I only have myself to blame for that.

So! I have a few plans I want to start over the next week:

1. Making sure I exercise 5/7 days a week, even if it’s a short 15min intense workout;

2. Start getting up at around 5am-ish and taking my dog for a walk around the block - hopefully added energy from Duromine will help me with this;

3. Joining and sticking to Tony Ferguson - I have trouble eating enough calories in the first 2/3 of the day, then make terrible choices when I am “starving”;

4. Keeping my weigh-ins to once a week - as a trial, I weighed myself every day for a week and fluctuated by 3kg! It’s definitely a mind game;

5. Keep a semi-daily blog on here to not only keep myself accountable but to track my progress;

6. Become active in this amazing forum community to celebrate everyone’s successes and build a circle of support.

I am feeling pretty good about this all at the moment. I am really looking forward to getting to know everyone on here, and seeing where this Duromine journey V.2 takes me.

Good luck to everyone!

Attached Files:

#1 Jan 1, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2019
    BigKnickers likes this.
  2. Jazz

Jazz Member
    Standard Member

HNY Bam Bam!! Good luck with V2 of Duromine. It sounds like you have everything in order to begin this journey again. Having been on Duromine before you will be fully prepared for what’s ahead ... I hope you get a good nights sleep tonight!!
    I’ve just completed 3 months of Duromine and finished 5kg short of my goal and am waiting for my Doc to give me the go ahead to start again ... she’s advised a break from it for a month or two. I’ll be trying my best to lose the weight in the meantime (who knows, I might not even need it).
    Good luck again ... I’ll keep checking in on your progress.

#2 Jan 1, 2019
  3. Bam Bam

Bam Bam Active Member
    Premium Member

Hi Jazz! Thank you very much for your support! And I really wish you all the best with those final 5 kg - you're almost there so hold in there!!! You've done an amazing job!!

My Fitbit says that I managed 6hrs and 10 min sleep last night, with the sleep stage percentages within regular ranges. Still a bit short of my normal 7.5-8 hrs that i'm used to haha. Again, I set my alarm for 5am this morning for my tablet - I was going to get up then too and walk my dog (my plan I set yesterday) but I was so tired that I rolled over and went back to sleep until the Duromine woke me up at 7:30am. I woke up feeling extremely tired, but instead of it lasting for the rest of the day, it only lasted for around 15min and I was the wide awake! Can't be too unhappy with that. I am hoping to get to bed a little earlier tonight, maybe take 1/2 of an OTC sleeping tablet and get a decent sleep.

I hope you have an amazing week - I would love to hear how you get on with the rest of your journey xx

#3 Jan 2, 2019
  4. Bam Bam

Bam Bam Active Member
    Premium Member

It’s been a while since I posted, I have Been so busy. I haven’t made a blog post in over a week. BUT!!! I come with exciting news!!! (Well, exciting for me, anyway haha)...

I HIT MY FIRST MINI-GOAL!!! I am officially (as of this morning) under 90kg!! 89.8 kg, actually. This is a total loss of 5.7 kg so far this month. I’m stoked!

Weight loss started slowing down in my 3rd week, with days where I seemed to gain a few hundred grams, but the total of the week was still a loss, so that’s a win in my book! I am definitely feeling the weight loss, in my clothes and the way my body feels. People at work have started noticing my face is slimming.

I had an appointment at the Brisbane Allergy Clinic yesterday, and it is looking like I have some sort of auto-immune issue, so they will be rechecking my thyroid and general hormone levels. Hopefully we’ll get an answer soon.

I hope everyone is well and having a wonderful week - lots of love to you all! Xx

#4 Jan 24, 2019
    Jane likes this.