My experience

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by Vee, Apr 25, 2014.

1. Vee

Vee Well-Known Member
    Standard Member

image.jpg

#41 Sep 15, 2014
    Ejane, christine V and Kate like this.
  2. Vee

Vee Well-Known Member
    Standard Member

This is the ball photo as promised ( size 10 Australian size ). Felt great buying something to show off figure not try and hide bits!
    My biggest tip is cut out if you can bread! Have morning smothie instead of toast and just try and give it a big miss. Bread and pasta are big issues for me. Make up big soups and just keep eating soup to fill up on.
    I was in love with 2 minute noodles ( like would be my last meal ha ha) found a healthier spelt version so I have that as a treat. You are all doing amazing remember you can loose it, get off durimine and keep it off. You just need the help to get over the first fee hurdles ( me the 70s!!!!) go hard you can do it!!!! X v take care

#42 Sep 15, 2014
    christine V and Melmo like this.
  3. Vee

Vee Well-Known Member
    Standard Member

image.jpg

#43 Sep 15, 2014
    Melmo and Kate like this.
  4. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

B E A U T I F U L !!!

#44 Sep 15, 2014
    Melmo likes this.
  5. BabyT3112

BabyT3112 Member
    Standard Member

YOU LOOK STUNNING.
    I have a function in november to got to so that is the main reason i want to lose this weight at least ive droped 4.5kg this week and its only week one hope to be at least a size 16 or 14 by november and at least 65kg by then im currently 88kg
    thanks for the pics it helps alot with motivation

#45 Sep 15, 2014
    Melmo likes this.
  6. Vee

Vee Well-Known Member
    Standard Member

image.jpg

#46 Sep 15, 2014
  7. Vee

Vee Well-Known Member
    Standard Member

This is before in the face for you to see how far I've come!
    Thanks for your kind comments it really matters :) baby t311 go hard you can do it ( just be present and goal focused! ) trust me it gets easier!!! Take care x v

#47 Sep 15, 2014
    Melmo and BabyT3112 like this.
  8. D__emi

D__emi Member
    Standard Member

Hi Vee
    Thank you for sharing ! I started on 15 mg today. I took them to give me energy and get me motivated to exercise. Exercise helps me. My weight crept up to 85 after 5 years if maintaining my weight at 70 . I wanted to get to 65 but I never made it. I was contentt at 70 so I feel that your post is making it possible. Admittedly I stopped smoking this year !
    Good luck to all.
    I am starting on 15 mg
    Date september 22 2014.
    SW : 85
    height: 5'2
    GW: 70
    have a great day !
    Demi

#48 Sep 22, 2014
    christine V and Vee like this.
  9. Vee

Vee Well-Known Member
    Standard Member

Hi demi, thanks for leaving a message :)
    I never got any energy like others did on durimine, if anything I felt more tired ( go figure?). I wish you only the very best in d and hope you get your goal achieved. Read previous posts on all hints plus take photos! Think great for other people to keep motivated :)
    This week was at my lowest 62.2 but crept up a bit over the weekend.
    Take care every one
    X vee
    Start weight 75.4
    Current weight 62.5
    Goal weight 60.5
    Height 5"8

#49 Sep 22, 2014
    Melmo and christine V like this.
  10. D__emi

D__emi Member
    Standard Member

Hi Vee
    day one over !
    the only side effect i have is that i felt tired at around 3pm and headaches.
    I kept the water intake up.
    can it take a few days to kick in ?

#50 Sep 22, 2014
  11. Vee

Vee Well-Known Member
    Standard Member

Hi demi
    Yeah I thought is be all energy plus but I wrote notes and found the first week not what I expected.
    I had one headache nothing major but I don't normally get.
    I felt tired and a bit heavy in my legs, nothing too crazy but worth mentioning. You might also be a bit moody. I think it's coming off the sugar intake that can make you a meanie. Really important to have goals. Use the time to change your eating habits, I couldn't have lost my weight without durimine, it really helped me so much and I'm
    Entirely grateful to my dr. I do know of other people who gave tried d and it didn't work for them. It's not a wonder drug- you have to change your eating habits. Just find healthier versions you will have the power now with d. After a while your stomach shrinks. Also important to eat anything you want when you go out for dinner - your body can't think it's being punished!!!
    I lost 3 kilos in my first week it was amazing!!!
    Take care x vee

#51 Sep 22, 2014
  12. D__emi

D__emi Member
    Standard Member

I will persevere !
    thanks.

#52 Sep 22, 2014
    christine V likes this.
  13. JoanneN

JoanneN Member
    Standard Member

When i went off anti depressants I did it the right way. it took about three weeks to a month of cutting back the dosage to allow my body to adjust then i started duromine. That made it easier. Yes insomnia will occur that is normal. But the pros outweigh the cons if done right.

#53 Oct 7, 2014
  14. Vee

Vee Well-Known Member
    Standard Member

Thanks Joanne for your blurb.
    Going to add a recent pic whilst on holidays :)

Attached Files:

#54 Oct 7, 2014
  15. Vee

Vee Well-Known Member
    Standard Member

Got back from holidays and was amazed that I had got in the 61s ( tail end but still counts!!) whilst away I stayed with my friend for four nights and helped her loose 2 kilos by changing her eating habits :)
    Still looking forward to the exercise bit still probably using excuses ie crap weather working etc etc.
    I hope every one is doing well on their journey still. I'm coming back to let you know that you can loose the weight on durimine and then get off them and then loose more weight on your own. I used it to help shrink my stomach and I don't think I could have done with out it. When people ask me now about my weight loss I'm always honest about using durimine - I'm proud of it And getting the help I needed to kick start me.
    Take care love vee

#55 Oct 19, 2014
    christine V, Kate and Rosie C like this.
  16. christine V

christine V Active Member
    Standard Member

Well done Vee xx I'm down to 69kgs with no duramine. I've switched over to intermittent fasting (500 calories every second day), to try and shift the last 5-6kgs

#56 Oct 22, 2014
  17. Vee

Vee Well-Known Member
    Standard Member

Christine you must be sooooo happy seeing that 6 in the front that's great!!!! It's all about the focus isn't it. If you really want it yourself you can do it. I'm looking forward to maintaining and toning. Keep me posted as you go down you need to get into the 68s to feel confident you are away from the 70s. Take care x v

#57 Oct 23, 2014
    christine V likes this.
  18. Kyz

Kyz New Member
    Standard Member

I'm new to this forum and have just been reading your posts/blog
    Wow, Vee, you sound like me! Before your amazing transformation, awesome work !
    I too am 40 and was always around 65kg but after my last pregnancy have been stuck on 76kg and not budging despite 2 gruelling pt sessions a week, clean eating with a personal trainers guidance and working out another 3-4 times a week ..... Nothing!!! I've taken duromine to kick start my weight loss after I had my last baby, but thought I could do it on my own with diet and exercise. My body shape has changed a little and I'm more toned, and much healthier. But although we shouldn't obsess about the scales .... I don't want to be 76 forever. Has me doubting myself and is disheartening when I've put so much effort in, for little gain .
    Which brings me to now !! I'm off to see my doctor again in the morning and going back onto duromine
    Wish me luck .... Hopefully I see some movement one scales very soon
    xxxK

#58 Oct 29, 2014
  19. Vee

Vee Well-Known Member
    Standard Member

Hi k, yes we sound very similar!!!!
    All I can say now is that it is fantastic getting back to our pre baby weight!!!
    My number I thing is have a brekkie shake and have healthy meals around esp when you are starting out. I love food and eating and I don't see this as a problem just a life change :)
    Ive started jogging and am booking a pt now at a gym. I figure I will eat more with the exercise but I don't want to be skinny fat , I want to be healthy toned and sexy!!! I'm really excited now about my 40s and I want you to know that this is easy and can be done if you really want it.

#59 Nov 2, 2014
    Kyz likes this.
  20. Vee

Vee Well-Known Member
    Standard Member

image.jpg

#60 Nov 2, 2014
    Kyz likes this.