Hi All :)

mranne

Standard Member
Nov 13, 2014
I've battled my weight my whole life, and now I'm at the point where it is affecting my health. I'm 47, mum to 3 teenagers, and I'm finding that the extra weight I've been carrying around for years is now affecting my back, knees and feet.
I'm 6ft (use to be taller by the way, but with my back problems I've shrunk), and according to the scales at my Drs today, I'm 128kg. She prescribed me the Duromine today (30mg), and I'll start taking it tomorrow morning. Not looking forward to the side-effects, if I get any, but I'm going to be positive about all of this :)
Looking forward to meeting you all and reading your success stories :)

Cheers

Reactions: Treadmeal

Treadmeal

Standard Member
Nov 13, 2014
Brisbane
I start today as well. :) Weigh in this morning 92.6....been reading this forum yesterday and this morning...lots of good advice for newbies. I'm starting on 15 mg for a few days...GP advised to start small and if I feel ok to take 2 tablets after that. Look forward to sharing the journey with you.

Cheers
Leah

Reactions: Kate

mumof2cuties

Standard Member
Nov 6, 2014
welcome, and good luck your doing the right thing. This is my 2nd week on duromine and so far i have lost 2.7kg, as long as you keep up the exercise and eating well you will see some great results. Don't forget to drink plenty of water :)

Reactions: Treadmeal and Kate

mranne

Standard Member
Nov 13, 2014
3 days down and I'm feeling OK. The only side-effects I having are the sleeplessness, and the dry mouth, but I'm handling the lack of sleep pretty well. Drinking loads and loads of water, made the dog very happy by taking him for walks. But I am finding that I'm quite hungry today, and my brain is telling me I want something bad ... but my resolve not to eat anything bad is pretty strong so I think I'm safe LOL

I won't be able to weigh myself until I see the Doc in a months time, so I'm hoping I start noticing it with my clothes.

Thanks for the welcome :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Treadmeal