Here Goes

Lodd

Standard Member
Nov 1, 2014
Ok my story.....I lost 80kg on my own 7 years ago....going from 140 kg to 60 ( have seen scales at 58 but that was a stressful time of my life) I've held stead at 60-62 for 6 years... Changed jobs got bored no work gym and old habits returned n so did 15 kg....appalled at myself....headed back to gym but my head just isn't clicking like it did last time...9 months on I'm fluctuating between 74- 67 kg...then I sabotage my self n back up to 74 kg....so at 71.4 kg I went to dr today n begged for 30 mg she refused as"u have done it before" she relented n gave me 15 mg....never had duromine before...took my tablet at 11am as soon as I got it...I wished she's given me 30 mg .... I pray this will work n the 15 mg is enough....by the way I run 5.2 k 3 days a week gym for60 minutes 3 days a week n walk every workday at lunch for at least 30 minutes n I take my puppy for 30 minute walks at least 5 days a week so I not lazy...yes dr has tested everything nothing showing....and my diet is excellent no processed food lots of vegies etc all except for my chocolate...my love hate relationship....so this is me hopefully there will be less of me in the future

Smick

Premium Member
Jun 10, 2014
Pakenham, Victoria, Australia
Hi Lodd
What height are you?
For me 67-74 kilos would still be in a healthy weight range, because I am tall. If you were short this may put you into the overweight or obese category.
It is great that you were able to lose all of that weight, on your own too.
Do you have kids? How old are you?
All of these things are factors with weight loss.
You seem to be doing more than enough exercise.
Good that nothing has shown up in any tests, but doesn't explain your weight gain unfortunately.
It took a couple of days for the D to really kick in with me. I expected to feel different from the get-go but it kind of built up and by day three I was feeling the effects. By the middle of week two the side effects were quite bad. So wait a while before you make any judgements that it is working or not.
Sounds like you know what to do so I don't need to tell you how to lose weight as you have done it all before. You could probably give me quite a few tips. Use the D to help you stay on track and develop some better habits. That is what I am doing.
Keep us all updated on your progress and good luck.

Lodd

Standard Member
Nov 1, 2014
I a 43 year old mother 3 (21,23,24) girls n a shorty at 162 cm...your progress smick is excellent...yes I'm hoping D gives me the boost I need....oh n I'm off on a cruise in 3 weeks n my clothes don't fit n I refuse to buy more....I'm petrified ill gain....did I mention I love food lol...I gather that's all of us here....see some people call us fat I call us gourmet lovers lol

Smick

Premium Member
Jun 10, 2014
Pakenham, Victoria, Australia
Wow Lodd, your girls must be so proud of you that you lost and kept all of that weight off.
Yes, I am definitely a gourmet lover. My biggest problem has always been portion control and the D has helped me get this in check. I also did not move very much at all and now I think I have incorporated exercise into my life and I move way more.
A cruise does not have to be a recipe to gain weight. I find that when I am eating off a buffet, I tend to have a lot of small portions as I serve myself. If I order off a menu I will get a whole plate of one thing and I am the kind who will just eat whatever is on my plate.
Eat small amounts of only what you love. That way you won't miss out on a thing.The D will help you with that.

Lodd

Standard Member
Nov 1, 2014
Ok week 1 ...started on 15 mg it was ok I wasn't starving but I was getting hungry so back to dr (haha she wasn't in) other dr gave me 30mg ....much better....sleeping well no real side effects except I'm not craving chocolate at all....never ever had that side affect before lol...I've kept up my exercise...gym or run in morning followed by walk with my puppy...walk at lunch and either a walk with puppy of a nite or sneaked in a extra gym session....so 1 week on I've gone from 71.8 to 68.1 kg 3.7 kg I'm wrapped...2 weeks until cruise so I'm preying and exercising my butt of to get off another 4kg before I go...I know at 64 kg I can squeeze into my normal clothes for the cruise....at the moment I'm refusing to buy a bigger size so only my stretchy stuff is fitting me...thank god for maxi dresses lol

LollyTerror

Standard Member
Oct 8, 2014
Chocolates and lollies are my demons too Lodd. I've found the D has helped me resist the cravings for them too.