Glucomannan?

Discussion in 'Duromine Questions and Answers' started by Sarahzoey87, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Sarahzoey87

Sarahzoey87 New Member
    Standard Member

Hi there!
    I'm on day 7 of 30mg duromine.
    I've not had any side effects really, but I also don't really think its suppressed my appetite much.
    I'm deliberately making better food choices and trying to stay under 1000 cal a day. I've also been taking 1tsp of glucomannan powder in water before meals as a stomach filler.
    I did have a thought though maybe the fibre is stopping the absorption of the duromine, is that possible? Or maybe it's just not kicked in yet? Any advice would be appreciated x

#1 Jan 1, 2019
  2. Jazz

Jazz Member
    Standard Member

Hello there! I can’t answer your queries about Glucomannan, I’ve never used it. But, after 7 days have you lost weight? If you have, it’s working! However, you have to eat more than 1000 cals per day. Believe me, eating less than 1200-1300 cals per day will very soon mean you will not lose any weight - your body will hold on to its fat stores and go into starvation mode. Too low calorie intake will work for the first couple of weeks but then will start working against you. Eat 1200 cals of low GI, nutritious food with a bit of exercise and the weight should drop off. It helps to have one day every couple of weeks to have a 1500 cal day as this will trick your body and boost your metabolism - this particularly helps when your weight seems to be plateauing.
    It also might seem like the Duromine hasn’t suppressed your appetite because of the low calorie intake. You are hungry because you actually need to eat more. Such a low cal intake is not sustainable long term, ie: after Duromine finishes. So, it’s best to get into some sustainable, long term eating habits while you have this opportunity.
    Don’t worry about not having any side effects, I’ve just finished 3 months of Duromine and didn’t have any side effects the entire time and still lost 13 kgs.
    Good luck sarahzoey87... I’ll keep checking on your progress.

#2 Jan 1, 2019
    April and Julesbali like this.
  3. Sarahzoey87

Sarahzoey87 New Member
    Standard Member

Thank you so much! Beyond helpful xx

#3 Jan 2, 2019