Day 65 On Duromine

TJDewan

Standard Member
Feb 23, 2014
Currently on day 65 on duromine to to date have lost just under 20KG, Now its not ideal to lose that much weight so fast, However i did do a massive life style change.... I changed my diet in every way... No Dairy and everything must be in portion size.... I even keep a diary of everything i eat every day and how many calories i in take each day.

A bit about my past... I packed on 30KG after having my son nearly 4 year ago... I did not realise the weight till i started getting tired and having to many mood swings.... I found it hard to be with my Husband in a romantic kind of way (even tho he never had an issue) and also found it hard to play with my son... I tried all the shakes flat blaster and everything... I just found i was more hungry and wanted to eat everything.... It was not until i seen the scale tip to a 90KG (keeping in mind i am just under 5 ft) thats when i knew something had to be done... I use to be a size 10 i went up to a size 22 in some T-shirts... So off to my docs i went and he put me on 40MG duromine first off and then after my first month put me on to 30MG, With in the first month i lost 11KG with just diet change alone.... The other month i lost another 9KG with diet change and exercise..... I dont work out as much as i should but as we all know being a mum and a wife can take its toll on your day to day life

I would not recommend losing this much weight in that amount of time.... But i am very determined to keep going even after i come off duromine.... I dont want to go back to being that size again.... I still have another 10 - 12 KG to lose and i will be back to pre pregancey weight.

Reactions: Baby45

skinnynic

Standard Member
Feb 18, 2014
Gee wiz that's amazing! I am 2 days into week 2 and I have lost 5 kilos although all of that went in week 1 at the start I was drinking mountains of water now I only drink about 1.5 lts.. I need a way to make myself want to drink more than this. Also this week I've been having sultana bran cereal with milk for breakfast rather than natural museli and yoghurt and I find myself snacking on 'low fat' or '99percent fat free' musli bars rather than fruit.. is there anything that will make me feel a little bit naughty when I eat it but its still not bad?

Kate

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 21, 2009
Hello TJDewan,
You are right, it is not recommended to lose that much during the first month. Well, I am actually surprised the doc prescribed you 40mg - the largest dose at once. It's better to begin with the smallest...Ok.
I see you are determined and purposeful, but losing that much in a short time may cause you some issue. You see, I am afraid you can put on weight after you finish the pills. Because this dose eliminates your hunger, but what happens, when there is nothing to help you with your cravings? I might be mistaken and your eating habits changed so that you can eat healthy meals only. Sorry if I'm wrong.
I have one question for you - How do you feel these days? Is it hard dieting? I mean, do you feel discomfort when you don't eat those foods you used to eat before the therapy?
If you feel fine, then I am happy to tell - you can achieve your goal weight easily!:)

Last edited:

TJDewan

Standard Member
Feb 23, 2014
Hi kate,

I do agree losing that much weight it can come back fast and even double, however I do feel that I can fight those craving even now I don't want all the old food I tend to feel bloated and sick like I have over eaten..... However when I have all healthy days I feel in control and on top of everything, don't get me wrong tho there are days where I want to eat bad foods but I don't over do it I might have a mini choc bar and that's it I am done for a while......I have never felt so good I am full of energy and play with my son everyday..... Even tho hubby never stopped loving me but even he is happier that I am becoming the old me happy and full of life..... But I really do recommend any one reading this, yes I lost a lot of weight really quick as mentioned u should not lose it this fast but if u can and keep it off u will feel so much better

Reactions: Kate

Kate

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 21, 2009
That's wonderful! This is the result you should get from weight loss! Yay!
Congrats, darling, I wish you feel so energetic and happy forever!