Day 5 - Side Effects

AshleighKt

Standard Member
Jan 11, 2015
Morning ladies!
I have a bit of a problem, I'm on my 5th day and I would have thought my sleeping pattern should have changed by now.. I went to sleep last night at 11:30 and awoke at 130am. I have been up ever since and have not been able to go back to sleep. I also have had heart palpitations and are unsure whether I should keep taking the pills?! I really want too. But I just need an opinion on whether. I should be worried??? Orris this normal?

Kellyk2

Standard Member
Jan 4, 2015
What time are you taking your Duromine? I'm setting my alarm to take at 5.30am.
First night I got about an hour sleep but now on day five, I'm getting about 5 hours a night. I'm not really feeling tired though so that's ok.

If you are concerned about the heart palpitations then go see your doc. I've had a few rushes to the head, racing heart for awhile but I just sat down for awhile and it passed.

AshleighKt

Standard Member
Jan 11, 2015
I take mine around 630 -7... Last night I thought I was going to get a good night sleep, but I ended up waking up at 130am and tried to get to sleep before work, but I was wide awake.. To the point where I was getting so frustrated. I am really hoping that the side effects calm down, I don't want to stop taking them until I've finished the month!!! :(

Kellyk2

Standard Member
Jan 4, 2015
Perhaps try setting your alarm for 5am and taking the pill? I do it, and I manage to go back to sleep after so that may be worth trying?

WorkingWoman

Standard Member
Oct 31, 2014
South Africa
Take Duromine as early as possible - 5am is a great time. Exercising will also make you feel more relaxed at nights. Don't skip supper, as the body rests better with food inside it. You will wake up more frequently if your body needs food.

Kellyk2

Standard Member
Jan 4, 2015
No, nothing like that! Maybe it's what you are eating? More fibre or something like that?