Day 2 - Day 11

oogachaka

Standard Member
Mar 18, 2015
Well, what a day... (And I mean it!)

I made plans last Tuesday to go mountain climbing today as I knew I would be starting Duromine and wanted something to look forward to (incase my side affects take their toll.)

So this is how my day two went...

I set my alarm last night for 5am and after going to bed at 11:30pm last night, I woke up at 3:45am and kept my eyes closed thinking... no, not yet, I still have an hour and 15 minutes...! Who was I kidding? Next minute I found myself wide awake cleaning the bathroom and trying to find things to do while the rest of the house slept.

We set off to go on our mountain climb at 5am. During the climb I started to experience all of my side affects hitting at once (most likely because I know I was pushing myself to the max and I do this mountain climb all the time.) I felt bothered, agitated, nausea, dizzy and out of breath but kept talking myself out of it as I knew this was something that NEEDED to be done, something to make me feel good about this journey! So we got up the mountain in half an hour and I felt very proud of myself for not giving in and told myself this will all be worth it one day.

Later on during the day, around 1pm I was starting to feel tired (Shock to the system, I know, as I am normally not one to sleep during the day.) I had a nap for an hour (even though it felt a lot longer) to reboot the system and sure enough I woke up full ball again.

During the day, I made sure I ate small meals and drank in total nearly over 5 litres of water. To tell the truth, I feel great! (minus this mornings antics.)

My only symptoms tonight would be that I have minor dry mouth and the fact I think I want to go to bed but am trying to push through so I don't lay there over thinking about every aspect of my life.
I'm physically tired but mentally wide awake.

I'm looking forward to the rest of the week and hope you are too!

Well that's me for Day 2!

Signing off,

O
x

Rene Griesel

Standard Member
Mar 17, 2015
I am sorry to hear about your side effects. But well done on the mountain climbing. I myself had all of them at once throughout the day as well. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. I just have to push through. Chat tomorrow.
Well, what a day... (And I mean it!)

I made plans last Tuesday to go mountain climbing today as I knew I would be starting Duromine and wanted something to look forward to (incase my side affects take their toll.)

So this is how my day two went...

I set my alarm last night for 5am and after going to bed at 11:30pm last night, I woke up at 3:45am and kept my eyes closed thinking... no, not yet, I still have an hour and 15 minutes...! Who was I kidding? Next minute I found myself wide awake cleaning the bathroom and trying to find things to do while the rest of the house slept.

We set off to go on our mountain climb at 5am. During the climb I started to experience all of my side affects hitting at once (most likely because I know I was pushing myself to the max and I do this mountain climb all the time.) I felt bothered, agitated, nausea, dizzy and out of breath but kept talking myself out of it as I knew this was something that NEEDED to be done, something to make me feel good about this journey! So we got up the mountain in half an hour and I felt very proud of myself for not giving in and told myself this will all be worth it one day.

Later on during the day, around 1pm I was starting to feel tired (Shock to the system, I know, as I am normally not one to sleep during the day.) I had a nap for an hour (even though it felt a lot longer) to reboot the system and sure enough I woke up full ball again.

During the day, I made sure I ate small meals and drank in total nearly over 5 litres of water. To tell the truth, I feel great! (minus this mornings antics.)

My only symptoms tonight would be that I have minor dry mouth and the fact I think I want to go to bed but am trying to push through so I don't lay there over thinking about every aspect of my life.
I'm physically tired but mentally wide awake.

I'm looking forward to the rest of the week and hope you are too!

Well that's me for Day 2!

Signing off,

O
x
sOrry

Reactions: oogachaka

oogachaka

Standard Member
Mar 18, 2015
Day 3 today and I must say, I can't tell a difference with being on the medication...

I had a total of seven hours uninterrupted sleep last night and woke up this morning wondering if taking Duromine was a dream or not.

My hunger and thirst hasn't been noticeable today compared to the first and second day and I'm starting to speculate whether or not this is working.

I'm holding myself back until day 7 to weigh in as I don't want to be disappointed watching next to little or no progress through out the journey.

Signing off,

O
x

oogachaka

Standard Member
Mar 18, 2015
Day four hey? Well, to be honest today probably isn't one of my strongest days since starting. I had the worst sleep last night and through out the day today.

Last night I was so uncomfortable I was tossing and turning trying to find a resting position to just have a break from the cramping, due to tummy pains... Nothing would ease the pain and discomfort- it is cruel!

I'm thinking this is another side effect to add to my list, judging by what I have read! I started getting a headache from the tension of it all so I took some Panadol which I hoped would be ok with Duromine.

I would love to hear what other people have experienced on day four and to hear if you have any tips and tricks?

I felt hungrier today compared to my previous three days on Duromine, but again I ate healthy and kept to the plan. My dry mouth isn't as bad as it was on Day 1 which I'm thankful for.

I'm counting down to weigh in day as I'm interested to see how much progress I've made, not long to go only three more days.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend. If you have had similar effects, any tips, or any meal plans whilst being on the Duromine, I would love to hear from you!

Signing Off,

O
x

oogachaka

Standard Member
Mar 18, 2015
Well yesterday was day 5 and probably the worst in regards to tummy pains and feeling nausea for most of the day.

Yesterday was nearly breaking point for me as the pain was making me think it was all just too hard. But I stuck to my guns, so to speak, and pushed through!

Only two more sleeps till weigh in! I can't wait to see the progress I've hopefully made :)

Signing off,
O
x

oogachaka

Standard Member
Mar 18, 2015
Day 6 today and I feel great.

I didn't eat a lot today as I had a big day running around and was too busy to even realize I didn't feel hungry!

I know, I know, you MUST make sure you eat whilst on Duromine. But to be honest, today was probably the first day I didn't think about food as much as I have on previous days. The only time I did think about food was when I started getting tummy rumbles.

One more sleep until weigh in tomorrow. I'm excited to see what progress I've made, if any.

Signing off,

O
x

oogachaka

Standard Member
Mar 18, 2015
Day 7 today and I was anxious to get on those ugly glass things that tell basically make you feel like crap 99% of the time... You know! The Scales?

Yep, and on I hopped awaiting the result and I was a little disappointed to say the least.

As I weighed in, I was anxiously trying not to look but needed to see an awesome result at the same time. 80.5! Not bad... But considering what I had put myself through during the past week I expected to hit the 5kg mark or more. Don't get me wrong, I'm very grateful and proud of myself for even attempting this. I'm just a little disappointed is all!

Night all,

O
x

Audrey3

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2013
You should also take your measurements. Sometimes you lose a lot more in cm's than in kilo's. And ANY loss is a GOOD loss!:p
You should feel proud of yourself and just keep going. I promise you it is worth it!

Reactions: oogachaka

oogachaka

Standard Member
Mar 18, 2015
You should also take your measurements. Sometimes you lose a lot more in cm's than in kilo's. And ANY loss is a GOOD loss!:p
You should feel proud of yourself and just keep going. I promise you it is worth it!
Hi Audrey3,

Great idea, I can't believe I didn't even think of that. Thank you!

O
x

oogachaka

Standard Member
Mar 18, 2015
Today marks day 11 and to be honest, I'm starting to feel as though I'm at a stand still.

The past couple of days I have been feeling as though I have caught either a cold or severe hay-fever, as it comes and goes through out the day. (Change of weather?)

I still haven't eaten any junk food and haven't had any excess sugar in my diet. I've tried to completely cut out sugar altogether, however I have slipped once or twice and had a fizzy drink or half a teaspoon of raw sugar in my black tea. As far as that goes, I haven't eaten any foods that are highly processed and contain loads of sugar. Another thing I haven't touched since starting is Alcohol.... which is a MASSIVE step for me!!! So I'm very proud of myself for that. When my partner and I have gone out (2-3 times since starting Duromine) we've either had Sushi or Mexican (Gluten Free Burrito bowl, thanks!) which are both healthier than majority of the high chain deep-fried takeaways around.

I've been sticking to taking my Duromine tablet at 5:30am every morning, drinking lots of water and only had cravings for oranges and bananas. My appetite has remained suppressed and I haven't had any dry mouth since the second or third day.

Only a few more sleeps till weigh in day and I'm interested to see how I went this week. Hopefully, I can shake off whatever these horrid cold-like symptoms are before then!

Have a great weekend,

O
x