Combining Duromine And 'the Pill'? Help!

Matilda.o

Standard Member
Feb 11, 2015
Brisbane/Toowoomba
So... I visited my Dr yesterday and am going to be prescribed Duromine next week if my blood test results come back all clear! My Dr is also encouraging me to go on 'The Pill' only to clear up my skin (I have bad acne and not sexually active)... I was wondering if anyone has had any bad experiences with combining Duromine and 'The Pill'?

Any feedback would be much appreciated!
Thanks, Matilda.

WorkingWoman

Standard Member
Oct 31, 2014
South Africa
Hi Matilda.o,
Since you are not taking the "pill" for birth control reasons, I wouldn't worry.
If you use the pill for birth control and then take Duromine, the Duromine kills all the little hormones in your body that are responsible for telling your body that it's pregnant. Therefore, your chances pf becoming pregnant are much higher. Some girls have also experienced a wobbly menstrual schedule when taking the two together. Other than that, it shouldn't do anything bad to you physically or mentally, it will probably ensure that you have more "stable" moods while on Duromine.

ashleyyelhsa

Standard Member
Mar 18, 2015
Hi Matilda.o,
Since you are not taking the "pill" for birth control reasons, I wouldn't worry.
If you use the pill for birth control and then take Duromine, the Duromine kills all the little hormones in your body that are responsible for telling your body that it's pregnant. Therefore, your chances pf becoming pregnant are much higher. Some girls have also experienced a wobbly menstrual schedule when taking the two together. Other than that, it shouldn't do anything bad to you physically or mentally, it will probably ensure that you have more "stable" moods while on Duromine.
Im on Yasmin and have been on BC pills for over 4 years now. If I start taking duromine will the BC become less/not effective? I'm in a long term relationship and have sex regularly with only BC pills as contraceptions