Break From Duromine - What Did You Do?

Jdmum

Standard Member
Feb 19, 2015
After 4mths on 40mg duromine dr wants me to take a break. How long do you usually take break before they will give it to you again. I still have quite a bit of weight to loose.

Did you take anything different while on a break from duromine? Or after duromine? To continue help with weight loss? Thanks

jaslyn

Standard Member
Feb 12, 2015
South Australia
My doctor said it stops working after 3 months. She said if I put weight back on she won't put me on Duromine again, instead I'll have a lap band as a more permanent solution.

Tania J

Premium Member
Mar 7, 2014
NSW
Any advise on what to use when between Duromine? I have been without for a while and picked up weight, so is desperate until I get some again:(

Kate

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 21, 2009
You have to teach your body to maintain weight without the pills. You won't use them forevero_O Just keep the same regime - diet and exercises. I mean do not change anything.

Reactions: Tania J

Tania J

Premium Member
Mar 7, 2014
NSW
Thank you Kate, I think I am just starting to pannick:oops: - don't want to loose all the progress I made!
You have to teach your body to maintain weight without the pills. You won't use them forevero_O Just keep the same regime - diet and exercises. I mean do not change anything.
at

Kate2407

Standard Member
Mar 1, 2015
I am new to this but I suppose the idea is don't change what you were doing when you were on the Duramine. Eat those smaller portions and keep drinking water And excersize. You lose the weight because you are eating less. Keep that up and you should be ok. As I am new to this your post has made me think how I will cope in 3 months when I have to come off it. Time to start weighing the food and knowing how little you need to eat to lose the weight. Sobering thought!