1st time on duromine and 1st post

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Mrs Dodgygoose, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Mrs Dodgygoose

Standard Member

Starting Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Height:
    Lost:
    Goal Weight:
    Hi there everybody I am a mother of 5. My eldest is 13 and my youngest is 13months. I struggled with weight since the birth of my 2nd child almost 10 years ago. 3 years ago, I decided to do something about it and started the keto diet. 1 year later I was happy and healthy and where I wanted to be. I also jad a surprise pregnancy!! I maintained a healthy weight throughout my pregnancy for the 1st time since baby number 3 I was not diagnosed with gestational diabetes! The doctors and midwives were shocked. After the birth which was quite traumatic and ended in an emergency c section, I had trouble producing milk. (I do have a breast deformity which makes this harder. But my last baby was able to he breastfed for 2 years.) My doctor put me on motilium to help with my milk glands. This worked and I was able to breastfeed but I gained a huuuuge amount of weight in 4 months. I stopped taking the medication and went back to my dieting. But Nothing was working l. The weight would not budge. I went to my doctor in tears and he put me on duromine. I qas skeptical as I had read so many mixed reviews about it. Luckily for me my only negative up until now has been the cotton mouth. Although now into my third month and I have been quite moody and upset alot.
    I broke my foot on boxing day, so now I can't go for walks, bike rides or run. Before I was walking and running every night. I feel off the wagon at Christmas and now trying to pick my self back up. My wating habbits are not bad. I generally have a shake for breakfast and lunch. (More out of convenience, running and managing a farm and 5 kids) than anything else. And protien and veg with healthy fats for dinner. I try to stay under 600 calories a day at the moment.
    I have lost 12 kilos in the first 2 months. I am on day 3 of my third month. My motivation seems to have gone though with my broken foot.
    1st pic August 2018
    2nd pic Christmas eve 2018
    2018-12-28_09.41.55.jpg

#1 Jan 2, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2019
    Rose May, ann gott and April like this.
  2. Bam Bam

Bam Bam Active Member
    Premium Member

Hi Mrs DG! Wow - you have done so well so far! Way to go!! That is an absolute bummer about your broken foot - I can completely understand how that would knock your motivation down. I am just starting my 2nd Duromine weight loss journey, so it’s wonderful to see your post. Hopefully we can share our experiences and share support along our journeys. I have found writing blog entries on this site to be very therapeutic. Good luck with your journey, and I hope your foot mends quickly! Xx

#2 Jan 2, 2019
  3. Mrs Dodgygoose

Standard Member

Thanks Bam Bam. It is hard work. And I think having support is super important. I haven't done any blog entries. But I might give it a go. I have made sure to take lots of photos. And Don't think I'll ever feel comfortable showing anyone my non clothes photo of that first day. My hubby is supportive but he sees me everyday. So can't see the huge difference that I can if I compare that 1st pic. I hope you find some success in this round. What is your diet like?

#3 Jan 3, 2019
  4. Bam Bam

Bam Bam Active Member
    Premium Member

I really need to start my photo diary today too. I think it will serve as excellent motivation and a good reminder on future days when I am feeling down. I am so glad to hear you have a supportive hubby - it makes all the difference!

My diet probably isn’t ideal, and won’t stay like this forever, but here is my general day:

Breakfast:
    • Coffee and Tony Ferguson Shake

Morning snack:
    • piece of fruit

Lunch:
    • Whole wheat biscuits (x3)
    • piece of fruit or salad
    • TF shake

Afternoon snack:
    • portion of mixed nuts or yoghurt

Dinner:
    • Lean meat (fist sized)
    • brown rice or Cous Cous
    • half plate of steamed veggies or Salad

I can get my calories up to between 1000-1200 in a day, which is a massive improvement for me. I never used to eat much during the day and would then pig out at dinner, thinking it would be fine because I hadn’t eaten all day, but didn’t realise that I was slowing my metabolism down in the process. The shakes I am having are kind of just a placeholder until I get used to eating regularly and healthier and I will then start swapping them out for real food.

#4 Jan 3, 2019
  5. Samamtha

Samamtha New Member
    Scammer

Omg , you have done so well , good job
    I was in duromine last year for 3 months and
    I lost 15kgs , ( from 85kg to 7kg)
    But I was way too depressed and angry the whole time and had rapid mood swings and it got way worse on the third months ,
    The thing about duromine is that your body builds tolerance twards it and eventually after the second months it won’t be as effective anymore , so maybe just take a break of it for a month until ur foot heals perfectly and then start off again
    U have done sooooo well

#5 Jan 3, 2019
  6. Mrs Dodgygoose

Standard Member

Bam Bam you are doing great eating that much. I really struggle to consume that many calories. My doctor has put me on a low calorie diet atm. My metabolism is shit. I have hashimoto's so that is also a huge reason why the weight has come on. Although this is newly diagnosed.
    I have a shake for breakfast and lunch. (Fatblaster) Plus a coffee at breakfast. And then dinner protien and green veg. Or cous cous salad.
    Thats it for me. If i need a snack ill have some sakata crackers and hommus.
    My depression hit really bad smack bang on the 3rd month. But then I got my period and I have been okay again lol. I had very irregular periods before the duromine. My 1st period started on day 3 of my tablets and have been regular cycle since.
    I thought about stopping them because of the foot, but was worried that I'd put more weight on because I can't exercise like I will be able to at the end of the tablets or like I was before.

#6 Jan 6, 2019
  7. Dre

Dre Well-Known Member
    The Slayers Team

hello lovely's

you ladies are amazing and doing such a wonderful job,
    your story's are inspiration to others on here so keep it up!

always stay strong and positive,
    even when the Devil knocks on your door wanting to come in,
    remember, he can only enter if you allow it!

if you guys need anything at all just ask,
    i'm never far away..

Hugs
    Dre

#7 Jan 10, 2019
    April likes this.