Sharon's Duromine Diary

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by sharon71, Jun 11, 2015.

1. sharon71

sharon71 Member
    Standard Member

Hi,

My name is Sharon and my weight loss starts today!

I went to the doctor today about something unrelated and then before I knew it I was talking about my weight and how unhappy I am about it. The doctor was great, she went through a healthy eating plan and told me a lot of things that I already know I should be doing.

After telling her more about my lifestyle - full time night shift worker, single parent, always tired, not getting enough sleep, I got upset and she suggested that Duromine might be what I need to help get my weight-loss kick started.

She prescribed me one month of 30mg of Duromine. I think I was hoping she would do that as I had been talking about D with a friend at work whose sister has lost 20kg recently using it.

I never get enough sleep as I work full time night shift, I don't think the D could keep me awake but I am looking forward to having more energy and feeling better about myself. I have a Fitbit that I bought to track my sleep - I have averaged 5.5 hours daily sleep over the past month. Will start actively tracking my steps now too.

I am excited and hopeful.

My details are 43 years old, 161cm tall and 90kg. I would love to lose 25-30kg. My lowest weight as an adult was 62kg when I was in my early 20's. I need to do this for my health and for my daughter.

#1 Jun 11, 2015
  2. brooke

brooke New Member
    Standard Member

Good luck hun

#2 Jun 17, 2015
    sharon71 likes this.
  3. sharon71

sharon71 Member
    Standard Member

DAY 5

I have been weighing daily and am just amazed at the results - 4.3kg down so far. It would take me a month to lose that on Weightwatchers.

My appetite has totally gone but I am making sure that I am eating small amounts regularly. Have been having a meal replacement shake for breakfast each morning as I can't even face the idea of food. Mainly having low-fat yoghurt, fruit and chicken with salad. Have also bought some rice cakes and extra-light cream cheese spread that I have with a slice of tomato.

I am recording everything I eat using myfitnesspal.com. I am a terrible sleeper any way so haven't noticed a huge difference but I am springing out of bed in the morning and that is definitely not normal for me.

Feeling very motivated :)

#3 Jun 17, 2015
    Kate likes this.
  4. Kayley

Kayley Active Member
    Standard Member

Sounds like you're doing well! I'm on my third week with duro mine. After 2 weeks I lost 3.8kg. Weigh in 3 days away. If you like, add me on myfitnesspal, my name is mumakay333 I traxk my weight weekly and food everyday :)

#4 Jun 17, 2015
  5. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Great plan, Sharon! You're on the right way, go on like that. Just make sure you read the labels, because sometimes low-fat yogurt contains extra sugar we may not notice:confused:
    Wish you all the best!

#5 Jun 17, 2015
  6. sharon71

sharon71 Member
    Standard Member

I'm back. Stopped taking the D for about 10 days as I was sick and had a lot of stress (which always gives me gut problems). My weight loss at Day 7 (19/6) was 4.6kg.

I have moved into my new house now and everything is great so back onto the D from this morning, weight was 86.5kg with a total loss of 4.1kg. I'm pleased that the increase was only 0.5kg as I hadn't really been watching what I was eating.

#6 Jul 3, 2015
    Tan likes this.
  7. sharon71

sharon71 Member
    Standard Member

My total weight loss now is 7.3kg, I'm amazed. I started on the second card of tablets today so that weight loss is after 15 days on the D with a 10 day break in the middle.

No major side effects, very 'up and busy' in the mornings. I have no real appetite and have to remind myself to eat something, being fairly careful about what I do eat.

I am so glad that I found this medication.

#7 Jul 9, 2015
  8. sharon71

sharon71 Member
    Standard Member

I had my weigh in with the doctor this week and she is happy with my progress and for me to continue with the D. My blood pressure is perfect.

I do weigh every day to track how I am going and I am quite ok with the ups and downs on the scales. This morning I started on the second month of tablets and my weight loss so far is 9.2kg! My short term goal is to get back into the 70s, hopefully in the next week.

My appetite is almost zero, I have to remind myself to eat. A few weeks ago I added a good multivitamin to make sure I am getting enough nutrients. I have been slack with tracking my food and will get back onto that as it does keep me accountable and also make better food choices.

Negative side effects include a dry mouth sometimes (reminds me to drink more), and continuing bad sleep.

#8 Jul 24, 2015