Newbie From South Africa - 15mg D

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Pupps, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Pupps

Pupps New Member
    Standard Member

Good morning everyone!

So it's been a full week since I started on D!
    My weight as at this morning's weigh is 83kg on the dot.
    Total weight loss in Week one is 3.4kg

YAY for me!

I know that this is just my first week and I've got a ways to go still but just stepping on the scale and seeing such a huge difference only motivates me to keep going!

Thanks for the advice and guidance everyone.

So excited to get started with week 2!

#21 Feb 7, 2013
  2. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Pupps, it's me again)))
    Just very happy for you! Looks like you don't need much motivation from me or other people here anymore, because you can do it on your own!
    Good job!

:laughing:

#22 Feb 8, 2013
  3. Pupps

Pupps New Member
    Standard Member

Hi Kate

It's good to be able to motivate myself but I really do need the support from everyone here... this is what got me to make a change in the first place. I am really happy with the changes but sometimes, the thought of just relaxing in front of the tv seems very appealing still. That's when I come onto the forum and start reading again!

Will update everyone again soon... hopefully with good results.

All the best to everyone shedding off their kilos!

#23 Feb 8, 2013
  4. prertty1981

prertty1981 New Member
    Standard Member

Morning Good people

I so happy this morning , i have lost 5kg, now i'm 115, i can't wait for this week to end so i can see how much i have lost. I want to know if i can also do the cabbage soup diet with duromine

thank again Pupps and Kate :(:laughing:

#24 Feb 11, 2013
  5. Pupps

Pupps New Member
    Standard Member

Hey there Pretty!

Awesome news!!!! So happy for you! Congrats!

I'm sure you're going to get rid of that extra weight in no time!

Not sure about the cabbage diet.

I'm going on 2 weeks on Thursday. Can't wait to see the change on that scale!

Enjoy the rest of your week too!

#25 Feb 12, 2013
  6. prertty1981

prertty1981 New Member
    Standard Member

thank's \\\ Pupps

And people are complementing me, I'm so happy , i can't weight to lose more

today i'm start with Sacred Memorial hospital Diet soup

i will see if it will help me ,

#26 Feb 12, 2013
  7. Pupps

Pupps New Member
    Standard Member

Good morning everyone!

Happy Valentine's Day!

I hope we're all looking good and sexy this evening!

So... update time! This is officially the morning of the 15th day of D!

Aside from being supremely thirsty all the time, I feel awesome!

Current weight 81.2kgs
    Total Weight loss = 5.2kgs

I'm soooooo excited! The best Valentine's gift I could've given myself! Anyway, still a ways to go but I'll get there!

All the best to everyone on their weight loss!

#27 Feb 14, 2013
  8. prertty1981

prertty1981 New Member
    Standard Member

Morning good people

It's still working good , but i want to which one work's better 15mg,30mg or 40mg.

i need to know please becouse i'm using 30mg but the is not much weight lose to me ,
    may be the is some thing that i'm doing wrong ,

thanks i only lost 8kg from 1st feb, i use to weigh 120 before

thanks everyone

#28 Feb 19, 2013
  9. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Hello pretty lady!:)

Congratulations! 8 kg/month is not so little as you think! Some guys here have only lost 3-4kg during this time.
    I'm telling you this because you shouldn't regret or give up, nothing like that!
    Listen to your body and maybe change something in your diet. Or add some load, just a little to see if pills will speed up your weight loss.
    15mg is the minimal dose, 30mg is considered optimal, good for most overweight people. As for 40mg, it is prescribed by doctor only and usually in extra case.
    Anyway, I don't recommend to experiment with larger dose, better ask the nutritionist.

P.S. I am sure you will lose more, just don't give up!

#29 Feb 21, 2013
  10. nazty

nazty New Member
    Standard Member

After reading everyone's posts i too feel the need to share my weight loss journey, everyone seems to be so supportive of the other, which i find so helpful, especially when you dont get any support at home, but i've realised now that with weight loss, you have to be your own cheerleader. So lets see how it goes....

This is my fifth day of using duromine 30mg.
    unfortunately i did'nt have a scale to start me off, but was'nt gona use that as an excuse not to start.

So lets start over...

This morning i weighed 93.4kg

i've had the usual dry mouth, sleeping not too much of a problem.

Here's to a good result at the end of week 1 :)

#30 Feb 24, 2013
  11. Pupps

Pupps New Member
    Standard Member

Good morning everyone!

I hope everyone has been succeeding in the journey to a sexier you! :)

Anyway, it's officially 4 weeks on D... weight loss has slowed down.. feeling great though because I've been able to maintain it at this pace. My cravings have all but disappeared and I drink between 2 - 3 liters of water a day. I'm not always disciplined but no matter what I eat, I find that I eat much less and always supplement my 'naughty' food with salads somewhere in the day. My back is still terribly sore and that has hindered me from exercising... the most I can handle is a couple kms of walking every 3 days or so.

In total, since I started, I have lost 8.1kgs
    My arms and thighs seem to have shrunk and I have pants that I couldn't get up my thighs that now feel a bit loose on me.

Other than that, I'm not seeing much of a change in my appearance... but all in good time.

Will be going back to the doc tomorrow for my second month prescription. I am contemplating trying the 30mg since my weight has kind of hit a plateau now (I actually came down to loss of 8.1kgs 5 days ago and there's been no change since).

Will let you guys know if there are any changes in the new week!

All the best to everyone! I'm sure we definitely can motivate each other to stick to it!!!

See ya all you sexy people!!!!

#31 Feb 28, 2013
  12. nazty

nazty New Member
    Standard Member

Hi Everyone.

So, 1st week of duromine i've lost 1.6kg...not what i was hoping for, but cant really complain!

i have'nt exercised, have'nt drank any water (diet drinks/juice to quench thirst)
    barely eat coz im not hungry, but occasional cheat with a sweet or two.

so this week i plan to drink lots of water, maybe a walk if i cant squeeze it in my day!
    no sweets/ not one block of choc/ not even a marshmellow -----eeeeek lol

hoping for better results! if not....then its ok, not gona give up!

Remember: BE YOUR OWN CHEERLEADER!

#32 Mar 3, 2013
  13. Pupps

Pupps New Member
    Standard Member

Good morning everyone!

So, I haven't been able to get the new month's supply... I've been seriously hectic at work and working way too many hours but...

The reason for this morning's post is because my mom is visiting and I'm seeing her for the first time in about 3 months... and she can't get over how much weight I've lost. She's one of those very frank and sometimes, painfully, honest people. I really didn't think she'd say anything as I thought I don't look any different from when I saw her last... at best, she would say that it's good that I haven't put on any more weight.

As I said before, I can't really see it but, obviously, it shows.. cos she's just amazed about what I look like now... and this after 1 month of 15mg D... and a much healthier lifestyle!

Soooooo excited!

Even though I have not changed from the weigh in that I did on the day of my last update, I still now realize that my clothes are fitting much better! YaY for me!

Ok, once again, all the best to everyone... I know it's difficult to choose the salad over the pasta, but one good choice at a time will get you there!

#33 Mar 8, 2013
  14. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Hey there Pupps!

I can feel you're excited about meeting your mom, I mean who wouldn't be, right? Of course you want to look different to her, and my advice maybe you should wear something that
    makes you look especially attractive and a little slimmer, just a little trick to reward yourself for your efforts.) ) As you say she's the one who is very frank with people.
    Still, maybe you are already different, only you are too hard on yourself? Anyway, good luck and tell us later!

kisses:)

#34 Mar 12, 2013
  15. Pupps

Pupps New Member
    Standard Member

Good morning everyone!

So, it's been 7 days on the 30mg. I've had no serious side effects.. only thirsty all the time.

Since I've started, I've lost a total of 12.3kgs

I went almost a month with no D at all but maintained my weight.. I had to work hard to make sure I didn't undo what I had accomplished with the month of 15mg Duramine.

In the last 7 days, I've lost nearly 4kgs and I feel great.

I do have more energy and that might be because of the tabs but it is also possibly due to the fact that I'm 12kgs lighter than I was on the 29th of January this year.
    I've got 3 more weeks of D to go and, hopefully, with the new lifestyle I'm leading, I can enjoy my new body and keep improving it in this time.

Wish me luck everyone!

If there's one thing that I've taken out of this entire experience, it's that nothing changes if nothing changes! So, make the change everyone!

Lotsa love
    Pupps!

#35 Mar 27, 2013
  16. Hopeful

Hopeful New Member
    Standard Member

Hello Pupps :) Good luck with your weightloss journey. I have back problems too which have made losing weight in the past hard but now i have so much excess weight it makes the pain worse. My stats are 166cm tall, was 92kg 10 days ago now 88kg. Feel free to read my blog posts. :)

#36 Mar 27, 2013
  17. Pupps

Pupps New Member
    Standard Member

Hi Hopeful!

Yep, back troubles can add to the weight ... and, in turn, the weight makes the back trouble worse.

Well done on the 4kg loss in 10 days. That's amazing!

The only thing I can actually say that helps with making the loss easier is eating healthy since exercise is too heavy. I don't stick to a completely strict diet (not that disciplined yet) but eating fresh fruit and veg is non-negotiable at some point in the day. Also, I stick to eating my main meal of the day during lunch.. so that I don't go to bed too soon after eating. I'm sure there are much better things that could help but I struggle with discipline and these small changes is making a big impact as it is.

Good luck to you and I'll be reading your posts right now!

Pupps!

#37 Mar 27, 2013
  18. 12till30

12till30 New Member
    Standard Member

Hello everyone
    So great to find a Thread about duro's thats positive abd encouraging, im a newbie of sorts from south africa living in gauteng.
    I used duro years ago when i was 83kgs. Im went down to 68. Went on slender wonder got off and im nownlooking at 71. So im going back on duro's, need to lose 11kg at least before my 30th in june (12 weeks till im 30) Im hoping this isnt too unrealistic.
    Waiting for script and i want to start this weekend. Last time i had issues sleeping, anyone else experience this or have suggestions
    to combat? I attend bootcamp 3-5 times a week and have cut out smoking, alcohol, and all junk food.

Good luck to everyone, hope to hear from you all soon, you are all an inspiration.

#38 Mar 27, 2013
  19. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Hello newbie, I'm Kate! Welcome!
    Yes, we are trying to make this forum as much positive and inspiring as possible, since it is a difficult path.
    Sleeping issues are common in most cases, therefore I (and other girls) suggest to take the pill early in the morning.
    Wow! Bootcamp! It must be interesting! And it's so good that you quit smoking, eating junk foods and stuff... A good start I must say!

Good luck you too and stay tuned!:)

#39 Mar 28, 2013
  20. Valentia

Valentia New Member
    Standard Member

Hi Newbie
    my name is valencia, iam form South Africa,KwaZulu-Natal, Pietermaritzburg. i was wondering if it possible for me to get Durimine around PMB. i realy need to lose weight for my Graduation, iam excersing and eating healthy but there are no result. please help..

#40 Mar 28, 2013