Newbie Eating & Exercising Tips

Discussion in 'Diet Plans & Questions' started by Kate, Nov 11, 2014.

1. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Steps you don't want to miss if you start your weight loss program.

1. Don't stop eating. Please make sure you have breakfast, lunch and dinner, with fruit in between as snacks. This will keep your metabolism high, and lessen the side effects of Duromine. You don't have to eat a lot, just a small portion is fine.

2.Exercise. Even if you only exercise 30min a day, 3x a week, it will get you going in the right direction, and once you get into a routine, you will even enjoy it. Exercise also helps you sleep better, since Duromine keeps almost everyone awake at night.

3. Try to cut out or have small amounts of these foods: Starch, Oil, Sugar, Coffee, Dairy. Also try to eat more fish & chicken, instead of red meat.

#1 Nov 11, 2014
    Mazaiese, cocobee2016, Noks and 6 others like this.
  2. Larnie66

Larnie66 Member
    Standard Member

Hi Kate,

i am so worried that i am not eating the right amount to kickstart my weight loss or at least max Duromine's effects...i've only been on it for a week and a half so i know i shouldn't expect any changes yet, and i've been too scared to weigh myself (also because i've had my period and i know that that makes you gain a lot in fluid so the reading would be inaccurate...sorry for too much info!). I think i have been eating well, but i don't know if it is too little or in fact still too much! for example:

breakfast: 40g optifast shake OR 3 teaspoons of rolled oats with 1/2 small tub of yogurt, blueberries and watermelon
    snack: apple
    Lunch: zucchini slice (about the length of my palm) OR 5 pieces of tuna sushi
    snack: 175g no fat yogurt
    dinner: Roast chicken (no skin), steamed vegetables and a light gravy
    Snack: SOMETIMES i have a few squares of dark chocolate if i am hungry, otherwise i don't have anything

is that an ok diet to be on with Duromine and to maintain afterwards? or is it too much food? or not enough?

sorry...i'm just so confused right now and want to do what's best

#2 Nov 16, 2014
  3. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Hello, Larnie!
    It is normal that you are confused at this stage. I like your diet, just a little remark: I would swap your lunch and dinner. As I think it is best to eat less in the evening. And unfortunately (for you LOL) eliminate chocolate completely.:oops: It is a temptation...
    Tuna sushi sounds great, but do you feel full on a slice of zucchini??

My opinion - you should NOT eat less, if you feel ok with this amount of food, then great. You don't need more. Good luck and let be patience with you :)

#3 Nov 17, 2014
  4. Larnie66

Larnie66 Member
    Standard Member

Thanks for getting back to me Kate,

Oh, the zucchini slice is like a frittata made out of zucchini and egg and some other veggies, so yeah it does fill me up :)
    the only problem with swapping my lunches and dinners is that i live with my boyfriend and he likes to have the same meal at night (obviously not the same size) so i don't know how to make it 'light' i don't have the carbs he gets (like potato/rice/pasta) i just have whatever protein we're having and some salad/veggies :(

i'll keep soldering on then, i'm feeling so frustrated right now! i've been on them for almost 2 weeks, it feels like i've lost weight but when i stood on the scales this morning i've only 'lost' a few hundred grams and that is just considered a fluctuation not a weight loss :( i feel like nothing ever works for me!!!

could the duromine not work for me as i am not as heavy as most people who take it? i do have a BMI if 25 but i am 65.6kg (i'm quite short, my goal weight is 55kg). nothing has ever worked for me to shift this weight that i have gained over the past year and now i am starting to think this won't either :(

#4 Nov 18, 2014
  5. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Could be... Your body might "think" it does not need to lose any weight, like you do)))
    Give it some time, it'll move ;)

#5 Nov 18, 2014
  6. Larnie66

Larnie66 Member
    Standard Member

Oh ok, that's a good point! thanks for the advice!!! i'll keep trying then :) (stupid body haha)

#6 Nov 19, 2014
  7. Ally-Cat

Ally-Cat Active Member
    Standard Member

Hi Kate...
    I'd like to know I broke my leg and had surgery on it and doc said it will take 5 months to heal up completely.
    Now I'm following a diet trying to eat at least 1200 cal a day but my body is kind of not working with that idea but I try.
    Thing is can't really exercise cause of the leg will that make losing the weight more difficult for me.
    NOTE: I DO MY NORMAL HOUSEHOLD CHORES ON MY CRUTCHES... (THAT"S ABOUT ALL I GET TO DO)

I'd like to hear your opinion on it
    :)

#7 Nov 20, 2014
  8. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi, Ally Cat :)
    I think yes, the weight loss might be slower if you cannot exercise. But it depends. For example, if you have never done 'normal household' (please don't take me wrong, it is just an example) before, then doing it is now kinda exercise and makes your body lose calories (energy). The whole point of losing extra weight (fat tissue) is to waste more calories than you get from food. But please don't worry, at this point you cannot do much, since you have this leg situation, no point to stress yourself. You will lose weight, no matter what because now you are trying to change your diet and it makes changes, no doubt ;)

Remember: your weight loss journey has already begun, so there's no way back, only the loss of kilograms. But what time it takes - does not matter, since it is your life and your health and you should not hurry with it.
    Take your time, and when you are healed - you can start increasing your physical activity, besides therapist will advise you that too.
    Hope you'll be OK soon, have a great weekend!

#8 Nov 20, 2014
  9. Ally-Cat

Ally-Cat Active Member
    Standard Member

Thank you so much on our advise and for the response...
    I have a few more weeks to go.
    The doctor advised me that if im up to it and the pain is ok I can take a slow walk or climb some strairs on a slow pace till I can get more active.
    He's happy that I'm loosing weight he said it will make legs and the hardware in it more manageable.
    My accident made me realise I need to loose some weight as I fell with all my weight on it if I weighed less i think i wouldn't have broken it that badly.

You guys are all super awesome ansd so inspiring
    ;)

#9 Nov 21, 2014
  10. Ally-Cat

Ally-Cat Active Member
    Standard Member

I'm happy to report after sitting with my hubby who use to be fitness junkie, we worked out an exercise program where I can do exercises without using my leg.
    :)

#10 Nov 21, 2014
  11. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

That is awesome really! It is the best thing and definitely most motivating and stimulating, when your beloved supports you!! I am really happy for you. It would be even better if your man could stick to the same diet regime though. It would make your journey much easier. Ah well, little steps at a time.

#11 Nov 21, 2014
  12. StormGirl2012

StormGirl2012 Member
    Standard Member

This will be great for me as I don't eat red meat! Woohoo!

#12 Nov 27, 2014
  13. Larnie66

Larnie66 Member
    Standard Member

can i ask, why is it bad to drink coffee while taking Duromine? and is it bad to continue drinking it after you stop taking Duromine? i have a soy latte once every 2 days (and no more than one a day) and i do not have any adverse effects from it while on these tablets....so does it effect your ability to lose weight? or is it purely because it's an added stimulant?

Also, is it common to become overly emotional when on these tablets? I've noticed my emotions have become a lot more erratic lately and i will become upset at the smallest things -_-

#13 Nov 29, 2014
    Camille Smith likes this.
  14. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Yes, I guess you are right - coffee is just another stimulant. Since Duromine is a stimulant itself you want to limit this effect, to sleep well at night. At least that's what my GP said. However, this is just a general recommendation, personally I had 1 cup of coffee with milk in the morning every day and felt fine. As for your emotions, some people say that they had the same feelings as you. It is hard to say for me, because I am emotional myself so... I don't think you should worry much about coffee and its effect on your weight loss. Because latest research shows that green coffee, for example, even helps to lose fat tissue. Have a nice day, dear! ;)

#14 Dec 1, 2014
  15. jackulin456

jackulin456 New Member
    Standard Member

Hey all, All tips are very good and easy. I think this tips also very good for all newer. Thank you so much.

#15 Feb 12, 2015
  16. Cornell Schoombee

Cornell Schoombee New Member
    Standard Member

Hi guys... my weight loss journey has been a long one and I have done everything humanly possible to loose weight. In 2013 i drank duromine 15mg and lost 14kg in 3 months I was feeling good and looking good! And then I went back to my old habits and gained everything plus 2kg.... depression was reel at that time for me. Now in 2015 I deceided to go on the 30mg and I just want to do it the correct way and the healthy way! Can you guys pls give me some advice

#16 Feb 25, 2015
  17. Fatty33

Fatty33 Member
    Standard Member

Hello there I am 3 days in on duromine 30
    And really haven't had any side-effects. Apart From a dry mouth. I take my tablet at around 7am but by 4pm I am getting hungry do you have any tips for me to get through from after 5.30 to when I go to bed around 11 pm.
    I am 119.4 kgs . I really hope this works I would be happy with 2 kgs a week more the better.
    Oh one more thing can u drink to much water ??
    Thank u

#17 Mar 5, 2015
    Mazaiese likes this.
  18. Camille Smith

Camille Smith Member
    Standard Member

The big question is why the people get fat? The answer is simple. We eat too much that our body needs. The weight loss program helps us and guide us what we should do and what we should avoid. So many restrictions to avoid but it's very important to follow.

"A Happy Person, is A Healthy Person"

#18 Sep 25, 2015
  19. Unity

Unity Moderator
    Staff Member

Ah Ha.... just found this...

Well I am on the right track... I drink one cup of coffee a year if that lol... don't enjoy warm drinks at all..
    I had breakfast, first time in over 30 years... had my D 30mg at 7am and feeling ok...
    I have never exercised but will be starting a walk routine with my dogs today...
    Thanks for all the tips and info...

#19 Oct 5, 2015
  20. Nelly

Nelly New Member
    Standard Member

I'm super new to Duromine, took my first tablet of 30mg this morning :)
    Leading up to going to the doctors and getting my prescription, I was trying to stay under the 1200 calories a day; Should I stick with this whilst taking Duromine? Surely not less - but do I need to eat more? Also, can I drink too much water?
    I'll continue my brisk walks each evenings (Bout 30mins worth), hopefully I'll see some good weight loss!
    Thank you in advance :)

#20 Feb 10, 2016