New - Lost and Confused

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by maddiegettingfit, Oct 30, 2018.

1. maddiegettingfit

maddiegettingfit New Member
    Standard Member

Hello everyone

I’ve just started on 15mgs and on my 4th day.

First two days definitely felt a little of that duromine buzz (actually felt slightly high at one point hahaha) but not so much now but I am a little lost and confused. My main questions are:

- should duromine completely stop my appetite (first two days didn’t really feel hungry but I now have hunger back but not constantly thinking about food)

- how much should I be eating (past few days I have purposely tried to eat less but now I don’t know what to do)

- I feel absolutely exhausted (this is probably because I’m not sleeping well and eating 800-1000 calories a day, kind of obvious as to why I am exhausted ha)

I’m just so scared of this not working when I feel it is my last resort.

Any advice or personal experiences would be appreciated.

#1 Oct 30, 2018
    Rava likes this.
  2. Rava

Rava Well-Known Member
    Premium Member

It should stop you feeling hungry. Sometimes however it can take a while to build up in your system, so I would keep taking it for at least a week to 10 days. If you are still feeling hunger, I would head to your GP and see if he can switch you to the 30mg.

Ok I don't know what you weigh or how tall you are, so a little hard to help out in this regard. That being said the recommended dietary intake for women wanting to lose weight is 1200 calories. Quite a few of us aim for 1000 for a quicker weight loss. Just remember also that if you are exercising you are going to need more fuel for your body :)

I would look at joining either My Fitness Pal or Lose It - both have free options and free apps that you can put on your phone. It's a great way of keeping note of what you are eating. Make sure you put in every single thing - both food and drinks. When I started doing this I was really surprised to see what my total caloric intake was!

Insomnia is one of those dreaded side effects. Generally it will settle in a couple of weeks. You can try epsom salt baths or lavender oil on a tissue under your pillowcase. You could see if taking your tablet earlier makes a difference. You could try exercising late afternoon to physically tire your body out hopefully letting you drop off to sleep easier.

You can do this!

For me personally I started a thread over in the "my experience with Duromine" section. I journal nearly every day and that really helps hold me accountable.

I hope the above has helped, but if you are unsure on anything - just give another shout out ;)

#2 Oct 30, 2018
    maddiegettingfit likes this.