My Weird Side Effects

Discussion in 'Side-Effects of Duromine' started by Caity, Jul 4, 2015.

1. Caity

Caity Member
    Standard Member

Okay, has anyone been having any strange side effects?

Mine have been

- Sex drive through the roof, I'm like the energiser bunny!

- Sweating a LOT! It's winter here, and I've been breaking out in a sweat from things that I normally wouldn't, it normally takes me ten minutes on the treadmill to break a sweat, now I'm sweating just from the walk to the gym!

- I can lift a LOT more, and push myself much harder at the gym, my squat has gone from 80 kilograms to 100 kilograms!!

I've also had the standard side effects, dry mouth, increased energy, a little insomnia etc.. But I'm still getting some cravings? I think it might just be emotional eating at the moment though, as this week I would have been 30 weeks pregnant with my twins :(

Anyone else, or am I a weirdo?

#1 Jul 4, 2015
  2. Colette

Colette Member
    Standard Member

I sweat as well! It's winter here too and just walking 2 mins from my work to the train station (no hills or stairs) I'm sweating!

Definitely push harder at the gym and can last longer! Which is great!

Can't say the sex drive has changed! My boyfriend would have LOVED that though haha!

I'm 3 weeks in now so I think my stomach is used to my smaller diet. Only crave food when I smell it. I just have to walk or keep busy so I don't get tempted to taste!

I suppose it affects everyone differently. As long as it's nothing that could harm you then I think you'll be ok

#2 Jul 4, 2015
  3. LadyFord

LadyFord New Member
    Standard Member

Lol what you are feeling is pretty standard, don't feel like a weirdo! They do lessen the longer you continue to use Duromine :) but the energy and lack of appetite remain. I grind my teeth in my sleep, and have to use a mouth guard and have no appetite at all! And the dreams can get pretty trippy towards the 2 month mark...but like Collette said, it does affect each of us differently!

#3 Jul 5, 2015
  4. Vivian

Vivian New Member
    Standard Member

Hi, Im new here. Can I ask which dosage are you using? Doctor gave me 30mg but I've heard that only the 40mg works...

#4 Jul 7, 2015
  5. Colette

Colette Member
    Standard Member

30mg works for me! ☺️ It's different for everyone!

#5 Jul 7, 2015
  6. Tania J

Tania J Active Member
    Premium Member

:p:p:p When I started D sex drive was also through the roof. Husband walked around with a constant smile, so do not feel weird!
    Went down after a few weeks but since I felt better with the weight I lost it did not make a big difference. I would say it is a "pleasant"side effect:laughing:

#6 Jul 8, 2015