My Daily Duromine Experience

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by A kick start, Sep 4, 2011.

1. Laura113

Laura113 New Member
    Standard Member

I was on the 30mg which is average starting point for most ppl I'm assuming ur on the 15 cuz u don't have to much to lose.. I'm now on the 40mg as I felt the 30 wasn't doing very much I still had an appetite n everything n felt like I was just wasting money on it I only lost 4 kgs for the 1st mth which I initially lost in the 1st 2 weeks when u dud feel the pills effects then it went to normal n didn't lose much last to weeks n put on 1 kilo as well so I went to 40 mg n hVe noticed this one working alot better for mr! I am now sleeping bit better between 12-2am so around 5hrs which is better than wat I was! Lol I also have still not weighed myself but feel I am losing more than on the 30mg we will c in couple weeks when I weigh myself at docs! I have still skipped a few days as time taking it Woyld have been to late but I acridly think that a good thong for mr cuz it's teaching me that I don't just need to take the tabs to eat differently it a mind thing to :)

#61 Nov 25, 2011
  2. On My Way

On My Way New Member
    Standard Member

Hi everybody,,
    I thought i'd do an update while i have 5 mins to sit down..( Which is really hard on duromine I find ). I have been on these now for 14 days. I have noticed a HUGE reduction in my tummy tire and blubber lols :)
    I now also can fit into my size 16 jean shorts and there really loose on my butt!! Just what I wanted tehe... I stripped for my partner the other night ( just for show lols ).. and he was so shocked at the amount I had lost.
    He said he couldn't believe it because I Havent worn anything that's shown my weight. It looked like I was still the same. But now he sees a Big difference. and to be truthfull,, who doesn't like to see there partners interest spark up again ?
    I am feeling alot better in the pyhsical sense now,, but I find I'm still on the emotional rollercoaster that comes with "D", finding lots of time for tears and sad thoughts , but I will persist and push past this time. I am feeling more confident in my ability to be a good mum to my kids now that I can play a bit more with them without being the red faced mum who is puffing and sweating. I hope you all are feeling better to as I think we all deserve a medal for taking the steps needed to be around in few years to come, and if we can teach our kids that healthy eating and excercise is the way to happiness early,, then hopefully they will be spared the pain of humiliation and no self-confidence. I am going to jump on the scales tomorow to see how many kilos i've lost and will update. Cheers and keep on keepin on !

#62 Nov 25, 2011
  3. On My Way

On My Way New Member
    Standard Member

Hi weight loss friends...

Just a quick note cause i havent been on for few days.... I stepped on the scales on sunday and ive lost 6.5 kilos in 2 weeks! Was 105.5 now 99kilos... IM UNDER 100 kilos... WHOOOHOOOOOOO... lols ,, I am sooo excited as i can feel it dropping of... im down from a size 20 to a size 18 comfortably and i can fit into a size 16 shorts. I am sooo pleased to have it go this quickly,,, the last 2x on Duromine,, it went but not as fast. So i will keep on keeping on with them,,, i have one more script left then back to the doctors for the 3rd. My doc wants me on it for a minimum of 12 weeks... i know its a long time but i am classed as morbidly obese,, im meant to be about 60 - 65 kilos. So, i hope this gives some of you the inspiration to keep going... If I can do it,, you can too!... will update my photos at the end of the month !
    Cheers, Beck

#63 Nov 29, 2011
  4. RainbowBrite

RainbowBrite New Member
    Standard Member

You guys are all doing so well, I've just started so I know now what I have to look forward too!! I have a dry mouth, and earlier my heart was racing so fast it felt like it was burning but all these uncomfortable feelings are so worth it. I stacked on the weight with my two pregnancies, I was really active before both and had to really slow down during pregnancy. I started eating dreaded man foods such as 'the pie and chips' and 'steak an chips'.. Basically everything with chips lol. And after being pregnant I kept eating like I was. My starting weight is 103 and I'm only 23 so that's really bad. I'm hopin to get down to the 60kgs I was before having kids. Reading your positive experiences has made me relax a little.. After a bit of research earlier after I'd taken my first one I think I was about to give myself a panic attack reading so many negative side effects! I don't have any scales yet so hopefully next time I jump on them I'll be suprised. Please post more of your journeys :)

#64 Dec 21, 2011
  5. Sandrad3

Sandrad3 New Member
    Standard Member

I started 30 mg today and take 20 mg of Lovan( Prozac), is this ok?
    Thanks

#65 Dec 12, 2014
  6. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi, Sandra
    No, it's not OK that you are taking Duromine (stimulant) with Prozac (another stimulant)!! Your doctor should have told you that in the first place.
    Antidepressants are contraindicated when using Duromine or any other appetite suppressant. Either you should stop Prozac and after two weeks (minimum) use Duromine, or you should stop Duromine. Choose one option. I'm serious, it is dangerous for health.

#66 Dec 12, 2014
    Sandrad3 likes this.
  7. Trudeelala

Trudeelala Guest

Tomorrow will be my first day of taking duromine 30. Ive set my alarm at 6am to beat the 'zombie' cant sleep effect - in case.. :) ive taken adipex for my 1st pregnancy 7 years ago and it worked. I lost 20kg in 3 months. Without exercise or a care of what i eat lol

Adipex was 15mg and its so hard to get the stock nowadays :( i met the doc in hope for adipex but since it was out of stock for months, i have to settle for the higher dosage duromine. Pretty nervous, but thank god i found this forum :)

Good luck to others who just started! :)

Start weight : 71.5kg
    Goal weight : 55kg

#67 Jan 17, 2015
  8. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Good luck you too, Trudeelala!
    You can do this.;)

#68 Jan 17, 2015
  9. Trudeelala

Trudeelala Guest

Thanks for replying kate! I feel even more motivated for the support as its a 'taboo' in my country to have duromine :( i honestly think its alllll about knowing what we put in our body and knowing the negative effect is manageable with the right attitude and knowledge. Like dont mix Duromine with certain meds or supplements.. I think those who failed the D journey they might not equipped themselves with the knowledge prior taking D hence the 'dangerous' labeling but doctors wont have it in stock if they think it is right? Just need the correct attitude and mindset prior taking it :)

#69 Jan 17, 2015
    Kate likes this.
  10. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

You are so right, Trudee.
    I think that most countries and doctors do not prescribe it because they want to avoid any bad reactions just in case. No one wants to be responsible for bad things right? If all the users were responsible enough and took the pills in the right way, or if D reacted equally for everybody, but this is impossible - we are so different.

#70 Jan 19, 2015
  11. Jo-Ann

Jo-Ann New Member
    Standard Member

Good luck! A new year a new beginning. Awesome effort. Try not to stress

#71 Jan 31, 2015