My Daily Duromine Experience

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by A kick start, Sep 4, 2011.

1. maranatha

maranatha New Member
    Standard Member

Hi Ladies
    Well firstly i would love to congratulate each and everyone of you for taking the step in the right direction.
    It takes a lot of courage to change your lifestyle.
    I got married 9 months ago and gained 30kg in the time.I was so lazy, exhausted all the time and basically ate for fun and comfort.I would get frustrated with nothing fitting me and turn to the kitchen for comfort.
    It was terrible because then i found myself not visiting friend nor family, esp my in-laws as they are all very slim people and i always felt very insecure when around them...If you know me, you would know all my life, i was always a very confident, outspoken and outgoing person but being overweight totally changed me into someone i did not recognize and really did not like.

I avoided the scale because i didnt want to face the reality of my weight.

So on Tuesday after being at the mall the prev weekend, it being summer in South Africa i realized i needed to do something to get rid off all the big clothing i was wearing to cover up.

A friend told me about Duromine and i immediately went to my DR and he gave me a script, got it, bought a scale=THERE I WAS, 9 MONTHS INTO BEING MARRIED AND WEIGHING A WHOPPING 11KG.

First two days on Duromine, i didnt experience any of the side effects everyone was talking about and i thought, Sweetie you stuck this way....But it was more mind over matter. I started forcing myself to stop thinking about food, every time i felt hungry, i drank water, went outside for fresh air, I prayed. I asked the Lord to give me the strength to do this. And he did,

Today is my fourth day on Duromine and i have lost 2kgs.
    I am so proud of myself and i know its going to be a long journey ahead of me because i wont loose it overnight but only i can do this for myself and i am ready to completely change my life and regain my confidence.

To everyone who has felt the way i have, no one is going to lose the weight for you, only you can.
    So i say, take that step and pray because there is nothing more powerful than the correct mind set and faith.

So i am now going to get my husband to hide the scale,lol till next week so i can stop obsessing

Regards,
    Maranatha.

#41 Oct 15, 2011
    Ruby likes this.
  2. A kick start

A kick start Member
    Standard Member

Size 16-thanks! How is it going for you now? Are you exercising? I've found I've dropped a lot more weight in the weeks I was exercising....

Volcom....I just decided on two months based on supposed health risks/side effects associated-although having not experienced any probs, I'm open to considering third and final script-I'll see how much vie lost come 2 weeks time when I finish second script, but yeah, ive heard it's not recommended to take it for more than 12 weeks at a time, good luck fir when you start, will be good to hear how you go!

Hi Laura, thanks for your message, some of the stuff u talked about I am familiar with! I put on 30 kilos in last three years in a relationship that wasn't that good for me.....also my goal weight js also around 60-65, but like you, would love to just get to 75-80 at the moment so that i could actually start to notice a different shape all together.......as far as tips are concerned, I eat lots of little snacks throughout day.....fruit.....rice crackers and tuna for lunch......salads.....steamed veggies - pretty bored and bland but I'm not hungry at all-on hectic days artwork can get to 4pm without thinking about eating....also exercise helps me lose weight much faster, but so busy at work at moment that I just get home and crash.....good luck and will be good to hear how you're going-hope you're feelingless depressed, hang in there!

#42 Oct 16, 2011
  3. Laura113

Laura113 New Member
    Standard Member

Thanks for the tips :) I just brought my 18mth old a Lil bike that has the parent handle at the bak so can start goin for walks cuz he won't sit in the pram for to long lol! I'm now just finished day 5 n I seem to have gotten my appetite bak today I felt alot more hungry than I have been has anyone else noticed this? Does it go away again or I just have to ignore it lol

#43 Oct 16, 2011
  4. Laura113

Laura113 New Member
    Standard Member

In saying I have my appetite bak its not as it was b4 i started taking duromine just more than the last couple days but I think it could b cuz I took my son to pools today n goin wit kids gee u use ur energy n wears u out witch could b y I was hungry as I was using more energy as I have been earlier this week as have done Lil to nothing as both me n my son have had a cold!! I have only weighed myself once thus week on day 3 n had lost 1.4kgs am waiting till Tuesday to weigh myself again that will b a full week! N I am going to my docs to weigh myself on there scales as that the weight I'm goin by n apparently all scales can b a Lil out! so then I can c wat the diff is between there scales n mine so I can just do the weigh in from home :) I am quietly confident I would have lost at least 2kgs as I have completely changed war I eat n when I eat...I used to always just do the easy Maccas,kfc, food court food(dim sims,chips ext) for lunch nearly every day n a big dinner then at nite I would snack on chocolate potato chips sometimes make toast just from boredom I think.but now I am having savoy lite crackers wit cheese n ham or tuna for lunch n can only eat mayb 5 crackers now n at dinner I am eating nearly same amount as my son n will not eat after 7 at nite anymore!!! I still want to eat at nite but as I said I think it's just boredom spec that lately been up till at least 3am but I have just ignored it n not eaten n I no it bad but I go for a smoke..I seem ti b smoking alot more since starting the tablets but as I said I think that's my fault substituting boredom eating to boredom smoking...sorry for the long speech lol

#44 Oct 17, 2011
  5. Laura113

Laura113 New Member
    Standard Member

Well I had weigh in Lil disappointed only lost 1.8 thought it b more than that :( but I did go out fir t the nite b4 got weighed s relatives r visiting from out of state n had grilled fish but i did eat garlic bread cuz it was there n I ate more chips than I should have n 2 glasses of coke because the didn't have coke zero so that prob effected my weight a Lil bit was hoping to lose at least 2 but still 1.8 isn't bad considering I didn excersice at all last week as me n my bubba had colds hopefully this week b better:)

#45 Oct 18, 2011
  6. Irah_blu

Irah_blu New Member
    Standard Member

Hi everyone

I am so glad I found this forum! I started on Duromine 15mg today. I have been batteling to loose post-smoking weight now for 6 months and have now decided that it is time for more extreme measures. I have been cycling and eating healthy for a good couple of months already, but I just cannot loose any weight this way. So I figured my portions might still be too big and I do give in to chocolate cravings WAY to easily :)

So, at 68.5 kgs I start my journey today. So far so good, but let me not get ahead of myself. I am appreciating the fact that I am thirsty all the time - nothing wrong with drinking lots of water! My goal weight will be 60/59, but even if I can lose just three or four kg's i will be happy. Being stuck on this plateau is getting kind of old now!!

#46 Oct 20, 2011
  7. A kick start

A kick start Member
    Standard Member

1.8 is great Laura, main thing is you have completely changed yr eating habits all together, that's the first step and the weight will follow no doubt, hang in there!!

#47 Oct 21, 2011
  8. Laura113

Laura113 New Member
    Standard Member

Had to weigh myself early this week so weighed myself this morning and was very surprised to c I had lost another 2.8 :) very happy as I'm now back under 110kgs I know that's still alot of weight to lose to get back to my 70s ay least but I'm taking it by 10s lol wass 113.8kgs n now I'm 109.2 which is a total of 4.6 in 12 days which I'm very happy with:) still didn't do any exercise this week as had the stupid flu again :( so I'm very excited to c how much I could lose once exercising properly during the week still got the dry mouth but then not sure if it's cuz of the sickness or the tablets. So far had no other side effects except the not sleeping till 3ish in the morning which makes it extremely hard to get up at 8 to the bubba :( but bout a hr after taking my tab I'm wide awake lol!! How is everyone else going??

#48 Oct 24, 2011
  9. volcom

volcom New Member
    Standard Member

Wow you guys seem to be doing awesome. I weighed after three days and only lost 200gm.
    My hunger is still here on day 5!!! My motivation isn't as high as everyone else is saying. Sleeping like a baby, forcing myself to drink as much water as I can, and forcing myself to exercise :(
    Eating much healthier though. Need to cut down my meals sizes at diner I know that.
    I just feel like it's not working what so ever. Going to weigh in a couple of days time and see what the results are.... I may end up going to the drs and asking for 40mg

#49 Oct 24, 2011
  10. A kick start

A kick start Member
    Standard Member

Hi guys sorry for the two week break, work insane as always...anyway, after not being strict enough in last 2-3 weeks of my second month of duromine-not exercising due to 60+ hr work weeks and sometimes eating chocolate when staying up until 2-3am writing reports, not to mention some silly dinner choices (pasta, garlic bread, noodles), it was no surprise to me that I only lost 4 kilos in the second month compared to 12k in the first month!! As a fault I decided to get my final (third) months prescription of duromine. I also got some much needed T.I.L and got back into rhythm of treadmill and motivation to not consume heavy comfort foods in what has been a very stressful time. Interesting to not though, despite all the nay sayers, when i stopped exercising and eating higher calorie intake, i did nit put on any weight, in fact kept losing just much more slowly. I have no concerns about stopping duromine and stacking on weight. If i comtinue to eat sensibly and exercise and the whole scientific approach of burning up what you take in, I know I won't put it back on. Its commonsense really, simply stopping duromine will not put on weight, returning to old eating habit will. Just cause your hunger is no longer supressed by the drug doesnt equate to gauging self wi crap food and stacking on weight. If you gorge on salads vegetables and protein, weight will remain stable while body re-adjusts to hunger blah blah

So since I got my act together I have lost a further 3 kilos which brings my total to 19 kilos in 2 months and 1 week. I know it sounds like a lot but when you start at 104 kilos I've obviously still got some way to go. My dream would be to get down to 75 kilos by the end of this final third month....but that would require losing 12 more kilos in November and while I did it in first month don't know if my bod will do it again. I will, at the very least get to 80 k before I finish this script. Well hope everyone is going well, take care....

#50 Nov 6, 2011
  11. Laura113

Laura113 New Member
    Standard Member

That's great kick start!!! I wish I had lost 12 kgs :( I am cumin up to 1 mth on wed I am goin docs tomoz for my new script n I am fairly sure iv only.lost mayb 5kgs for the mth :( I don't no if I should get the next mth n pay $95 for it :(

#51 Nov 7, 2011
  12. Laura113

Laura113 New Member
    Standard Member

So I've now gone up to 40mg hoping this will have more effect as my appetite returned after a week on the 30mg n have only lost 4.6 kgs for the mth :(

#52 Nov 8, 2011
  13. On My Way

On My Way New Member
    Standard Member

Hi everybody..I have just discoverd this forum and am pleased to find that there are quite a few people willing to give advice and support :)

I am currently taking 40mg duromine,, this is my 4th.. no wait.....( it's 12:30 am ) so i guess this is my 5th day lols. This is my third time on them and I am ok with that !
    I am 28 and after having my 1st son i ballooned out to 135 kilos... it took me 3 years and hard work along wih duromine to lose the weight and get back down to 67kilos. All was going great.... fitter,, slimmer and happier,,
    ( for awhile anyways ).. then came my 2nd son and my weight went back to 86 kilos ... then with probs post birth... ate my way ,, with the help of my love/hate friend potatoes) to 105kilos.

In short... was VERY depressed again over it as i can't even fit into my preggas clothes.... stretchy band and all !!! I started diets again and walked with my kids and dog everyday for 1hr,, or about 3 kms.
    I wasnt seeing results apart from my breathing was heaps better :) I had a script from my doc from about 6 months ago, when i was depressed over how big i was... but couldn't face the tremours,, anxiety ,, depression and snappy anger that had happened before... my kids and partner don't deserve it !! But last week my partner organised for me to get them and start again. ( Gotta love him 4 it ) :p
    Must admit... i was SOOOOOOOO nervous about them... but to my surprise... HIP HIP HOORAY.... the only side effect ivé had is sleeplessness and thirst ! this is my 5th night of being awake pretty much all night.. bout 4-5am i start to feel tired...then i sleep for about 3-4 hours (also depending on my 2yo ). My hubby's up for work @ 5 so he wakes me to take my pill..then i usually crash real hard till about 7 feeling pretty zombiesh and lethargic,,,but after my ritual smoke and cuppa,,, bout 15 mins ( so sue me haha) i start to feel bloody great.
    I am amazed at how diff this time is !! I dont feel hungry AT ALL and have to remind myself to eat... thats a shocking feeling lol :)
    I am so energetic all the time,,, so far i have scrubbed and washed all my eves on the house ,, washed all the rugs,, done heaps of gardening... my home has never felt more clean or organized... playing ALOT more with the kids and dog ( who is a Border Collie ) so needs HEAPS of excercise.. and just between us girls... night time events are fantastic !!! tehe.. I weighed in at 105.5 last sunday... 173 cms... size 18-20. I will weight in again this sunday and see how im going. I hope i havent bored you ( or maybe i have and now your ready to fall asleep lols lucky buggers ) i only wished to tell my story and be able to look back at this in a few months and see how far i have come !!

Well done to everyone for giving it a go... you CAN do it...trust yourself and give yourself a treat ( clothes or shoes of course ) when you lose a few kilos of heavy fat,,, it really helps to keep on track.
    Anywho... thanx for reading and maybe we can continue on this journey togerther.

[/COLOR]

#53 Nov 17, 2011
  14. superstar

superstar New Member
    Standard Member

hi there i am 1.58 and weigh around 66 kilos. i want to at least get to 60. but my goal weight according to the experts is around 56. i am starting on duromine 15mg in two days time. any tips? will this work for me ???

#54 Nov 22, 2011
  15. superstar

superstar New Member
    Standard Member

hey kasey, do you have advice for me? i am around 66 kilos and starting on 15g in two days time....i need rto shed will this work?

#55 Nov 22, 2011
  16. superstar

superstar New Member
    Standard Member

hi there , how is the weight loss to date. i am starting in two days time on 15 mg i am 66 kilos, any advice?

#56 Nov 22, 2011
  17. Laura113

Laura113 New Member
    Standard Member

I've been on the 40mg for bout 2 weeks now have misses several days as have slept in to late n did not want to take it to keep me awake all nite lol I have not weighed myself since my 1 mth weigh in but am noticing slight differences in my clothing now tops not so tight jeans getting baggy spec in my thighs my jeans r swimming in that area! Only advice I can give superstar:: is to change food ur eating u can't just take tabs n eat same shit food just not as much cuz u are on tabs u won't eat as much but once ur off em u havn learnt to eat better so weight will just cum bak!! Dont weigh urself everyday as it wull flaturate if u want to weigh uraelf do it once a week on same day each week n also at same time prefferably in the morning after u go toilet but b4 u eat as thay is ur natural weight if u weigh urself at nite that will b diff cuz of flyid n undigested foid n so forth!! O I wish I was 66kgs lol u had ro beg my doc to put me on them n I was nearly double ur weight minus 20kgs :( good luck keep us updated :)

#57 Nov 23, 2011
  18. Laura113

Laura113 New Member
    Standard Member

On my way....I luv ur enthusiasm n encouragement n just positive outlook :) it's awesome :) I have also found sleeping to b a prob spec when I work every morning at 7 n I have a 18mth old so constantly busy yet I still won't sleep till at least 2-3 sometimes even 4am which gives me max 4 hrs sleep a nite if that! I find in morning I'm very tired n have to force myself ro get up n bout a hr after I have my tab I'm up n ready to go in a instant lol keep us posted on how ur goin :) good luck xx

#58 Nov 23, 2011
  19. superstar

superstar New Member
    Standard Member

hey laura! thanks for the reply. starting in thursday...what i was stressed about was the dosage of 15 mg and whether it will work... but i am trying to stay positive to the max!!! thanks for the help on the diet front, i will do...was thinking of doing the 13 day metabolism diet..a have you heard about it at all? whats your weight loss been like? and isnt 40mg very high ---are you sleeping well.

#59 Nov 23, 2011
  20. On My Way

On My Way New Member
    Standard Member

Hi Laura113,,
    Thanx for that... i try to keep positive as i KNOW it works if you try hard. Sleeping has settled down a bit for me.... sleeping at about 12 midnight now,,,, still toss and turn but getting about 5 hours a night... but that also depends on the dog and kids lols.... I have lost about 6-7kgs now i reckon.... i havent weighed myself,,, just know that my clothes are really loose and fitting into a size 16 in some things wohooo;;;; tehe....
    Hope your sleeping gets better for you,,, with work and a lil bub its hard... but in the end you will feel much better and be more energetic. 40mg is a lot of duromine but some of us just need it... at least it stops all hunger and cravings eh !
    Well i gota go and get all the xmas stuff from the garage,,,, that cleaning should burn so much lols its everywhere ! Take it easy and good luck,, keep strong .. Cheers
    Beck :)

#60 Nov 23, 2011