My Daily Duromine Experience

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by A kick start, Sep 4, 2011.

1. A kick start

A kick start Member
    Standard Member

Hrm not much interaction on this site despite a lot of ppl reading posts-disappointing I haven't been able to share/compare with many others....anyway, coming up to three weeks this Sunday and weight loss to date is 9 kilos....no symptoms whatsoever except dry mouth which is good as I'm drinking lots of water..

#21 Sep 22, 2011
  2. kazzaap

kazzaap New Member
    Standard Member

Hi A Kick Start

I agree with you there about the interaction............
    I am about to start 40mg tomorrow morning after being on 30mg for a week and they have done nothing for me I was quite amazed, I think the first day I did seem to have a bit more energy and I know that night I didn't have much sleep and seemed to be constantly running to loo but other than that I could've eaten a horse so to speak I have just felt really quite hungry the whole week so the doc has put me on 40mg and I will see how I go. Over the last 12 months I have lost 57kg but have gained 15kg back since giving up smoking so I need a kick start myself..........
    Keep fingers crossed and hopefully the 40mg will work. Will keep you informed. By the way what a great job losing 9kg in three weeks if I can do that I will be over the moon.

Cheers

#22 Sep 23, 2011
  3. A kick start

A kick start Member
    Standard Member

Hi kazzaap! That's a bummer re the 30mg not making a diff....lmk re 40mgs...
    I must admit I was still as hungry as normal for first two-three days and from that point I can go with eating less and healthier options without getting hungry.....I do think though that the power of the mind plays a massive role in my case I.e. I know I have limited time to use the drug and there is an element of anxiety using it, so it means I'm being very strict with my diet which in turn makes me focus solely on losing weight, and ignore my usual desire to eat all the time, in saying that, I really haven't been hungry/had hunger pains though so the drug must work for me...

With the 9 kilo weight loss-I think it's been so rapid for two reasons 1) cause I am very heavy (started@104 k) so initially falls off, and 2) I've completely changed eating habits I.e. Gone from eating daily junk (chocolate) and heavy pastas/bread carb fueled foods with no exercise to completely healthy low cal eating e.g. Fruit/veg/museli/rice cakes etc and going in treadmill everyday so fog that reason a quicker weight loss....I dont expect to continue losing it at that rate though unfortunately!

Anyway, thanks for replying to my post! Good luck with the 40mg :)

#23 Sep 24, 2011
  4. entbrown

entbrown New Member
    Standard Member

Hi all,

I started on metermine 3 days ago, so am looking forward to discussing and comparing results with others. Was very dubious to start on the tablets, but I was running out of options, as I hit a plateau about a month ago, and couldn't get over it. So far, I've only had the dry mouth side effect.

Congratulations to everyone on their weight loss. It's great to have a place to share achievements and encourage one another.

#24 Sep 25, 2011
  5. kasey

kasey New Member
    Standard Member

Hi,
    I've stopped durOmine 30mg for about 2 weeks now. I feel better without it. Though I've to say it helped with the first 3 kg loss in the first week. Hope the weight loss continues for you. I've been into intermittent fasting the past two weeks and I've not gained weight though I eat more some days :) Hopefully works in the long run :)
    Good lck to everyone!
    Cheers,
    Kaseu :)

#25 Sep 26, 2011
  6. A kick start

A kick start Member
    Standard Member

Hi entbrown, how r u going with the symptoms so far?

#26 Sep 27, 2011
  7. entbrown

entbrown New Member
    Standard Member

Hello,

So far so good. The dry mouth is the biggest side effect I've had. I also had a pretty bad headache and the shakes yesterday, but I don't think that was directly related to the pills. I was at uni all day, and didn't eat at my regular times.

I weighed myself last night and have lost 0.9kg in 5 days, so I'm happy with the results. I haven't been to the gym as much as usual due to uni commitments this week, so I'll be interested to see my weight loss results next week.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

#27 Sep 28, 2011
  8. A kick start

A kick start Member
    Standard Member

Hi all,
    So I finished my one month 30mg script, and lost 12 kilos in 4 weeks-jogging on treadmill daily, eating lots of steamed veggies and salads with chicken...

So I've started on the 40mg now for my second and final month, I'm so pleased to report a real absence of any major symptoms, including no heart issues, or speedy feeling whatsoever, sleep has settled despite the time I'm writing this; slept in this morning and day light savings got my patterns all out of whack. I have felt a little nauseas going up the dose, but assume it will settle after the four days it originally took me, but I'm very grateful that thats the only symptom I have.

My weight loss is encouraging, it's just that I started at 104kgs and am only 165cm tall, so although I'm down to 92 now, I can barely notice a difference in my appearance, and despite my clothes not feeling so tight, I am nowhere near fitting into my old clothes from when I weighed 68 kgs. I'll hang in there and if I can lose another 12 kgs in October, I imagine I'll start noticing a real difference and be consequently motivated to continue the healthy eating and exercise when I finish up this months script.

Hope you are all doing well.

Anyway,

#28 Oct 3, 2011
  9. Case

Case New Member
    Standard Member

Hey everyone. This is not my first time on duromine.*

When I was sixteen I moved out of home due to complications. Whilst leaving at home I was constantly night after night eating large take away meals but kept a steady weight of 74kgs. When living out of home I was cooked home cooked meals every night. But my weight bloomed to 84kgs. By the time it came to looking for dresses for my formal I was 90kgs. Worried about my weight I went to a pharmacist to discuss using the betty Baxter program. After talking to the assistant the pharmacist decided that I was too young to go the program. And on the day of my formal I weighed 94kgs. For the next year and a half I was unemployed and severely depressed due to family circumstances. My weight went up to 113kgs and is when I went on the tablet for the first time with no one but my partner to support me. After a week with no symptoms *I started to get insomnia and after two and a half weeks of being on it my partner asked me to stop. I had become extremely emotionally quickly going from being angry at everyone to being uncontrollably sad. I would stay awake at night until 5 or 6 Am in the morning and sleep for around a hour go to gym throughout the day doing body pump almost falling asleep through it. Then I would sleep for two hours in the afternoon and stay awake and repeat it all over again for a week. After a year I gained full time work and started taking antidepressants. I was also diagnosed with pcos polycystic ovary syndrome. Which helped explain my rapid weight gain. My weight went up to 120kgs and i started seeing a personal trainer three times a week. After four months and $180 I gave up on the trainer once gaining three more kilos.*

I started taking duromine 30mg on the 24th of sept 2011 again as my weight reached 127kgs. I also was warned if I didn't lose weight soon there was I high chance I would not be able to have children. I am in a better mind set now and I have my full time job to keep me busy. I am also doing Tony ferguson at the same time. And in the first week I lost 3.6kgs. Last thursday I was admitted to hospital due to chest pains and shortness of breath. After many tests I was released the next day with Pleuritic chest pain being the diagnosis but no reason as to why. They said none of the medication I was taking could of affected it.*

In the first week the symptom I had was dry mouth which I find the best thing to help with that is chewing gum and lots of water.*
    Last night was the first night I had insomnia. I got around two hours of sleep this morning. I did have a three hour sleep Sunday yesterday afternoon. Which makes me wonder If that threw off my sleeping pattern. So even though I was dying to sleep this afternoon I fought through it. I have set my alarm to 5am to take the tablet in the morning fingers crossed for a good night sleep tonight and tomorrow night as I love my sleep and hate the feeling of insomnia.*

Good luck everyone*:laughing:

#29 Oct 3, 2011
  10. SIZE16

SIZE16 New Member
    Standard Member

Hello ladies :)
    I am not one for posting inforums but after reading your comments about not much interaction, I decided not to be selfish and share my story.
    I went from a very active job to an office job and started putting on weight around the age of 25. I remember walking into our house one night and my boyfriend (who is now my husband) said "your bums getting big!" I was horrified and turned around, gave him a bit of a hit and said "shut up - is not". The idea of my butt looking big in my size 8 Levis was ridiculous! I couldnt even tell you what I weighed back then cos I didnt weigh myself - I didnt need to! I was curvy and muscly in all the right places and had always been complimented about my tiny waist. However, I had just began to live with him and his family while we saved for our house and started eating foods I had never tried before. Fattening foods. Foods that were REALLY good.
    I stacked on the weight and couldnt stop myself from eating. I ate bigger portions than I had at home, continued drinking beer, didnt excercise and ended up at 76kgs. I stayed at that weight for a few years until I had a baby and went up to 80kgs. I felt horrible and upset so I started excerising and trying to lose it. Now I hover around 78kgs. I diet for a week or two with full on excersise then Ill binge eat for a week. Then eat good and then diet again. I am my own worst enemy. I think of someone saying once, "You just have to do it for a few weeks and you will lose the weight" If only I found it that easy :(
    Anyway, here I am on Day 5 of Duromine. I have tried it before and after a few days stopped as I couldnt handle to side effects. I thought that this time may be different and to my surprise it is! No side effects at all! Now I am worried that it may not be working at all! I was perscibed the 30mgs but went back to the Drs and asked for a 15mgs script instead as I wanted to easy my way into it. I took them for the first 3 days and then yesterday and today I have taken two tablets (making it a 30mg dose) and nothing! I am still hungry, no extra energy, no mood swings and if anything I am more tired than usual!
    This morning I decided that since the long weekend is over I had best get on the treadmill and I did. My mouth is a little bit dryer than it has been so I am drinking more water so hopefully they are still working and I just dont have the symptoms - which would be great!
    A Kick Start you should be really happy with your weight loss - congratulations! I hope that it continues and thank you for sharing your story.
    Kazzap - Keep us posted on your 40mgs I hope they work as it gives me hope too :)
    Case - Be careful and take good care of yourself. As much as it sux to be over weight if it is affecting your health dont put yourself through it. I am a big believer that everything happens for a reason and maybe that was a warning. I hate to sound like the people in all the other furums that rave about how bad it is for you (which I never understand cos if you dont take it or dont want to read about the effects why are you reply to a thread about the drug??) but just becareful.

#30 Oct 4, 2011
  11. A kick start

A kick start Member
    Standard Member

Hi Case and Size 16, wow thanks for your posts, you've both been through a lot...
    Case, with the sleep thing, I struggled mostly for the first week, have been taking them at five am and manage to get to sleep by 12 each night, but wake a lot earlier than usual....7am usually ready to go. Since I went up to the 40mg just a few days ago, I've had really little sleep again, and daylight saving also stuffed it up....but I hope soon your bidybwill get used to the drug and become tired from lack of sleep and u can get a regular pattern going....have u tried a camomile tea before bed?

Size 16.....I know what u mean re binging and dieting, been doing that since I was 12....although of later years just constant bingeing really, alongside depression. It's great you don't have any major symptoms.....so scary to read abt case having to go to hospial. I'm sure the 15mg is working in speeding up the metabolism, however if after a week you arebstill really hungry etc I'd go up to the 30mg. Just that it's a time limited process and u want to be getting something out of it while u can....thatway too, yr body would be used to the drug in urnsystem with the 15mg so 30mg won't hold many symptoms compared to starting on 30mg straight away-anyway, good luck to you both and take care :)

#31 Oct 4, 2011
  12. SIZE16

SIZE16 New Member
    Standard Member

Hi ME,
    I hadnt heard of your virus before but I just googled it. It sounds like a tough fight! Good on you for trying the duros again and losing two kilos already! Thats great! We too love the Bill Phillips treadmill trainning! It feels great to know that in 20 mins youll be done!! And we also use his weight system too (you should see my guns) Its great :)
    Kepp us posted on your success, today is my sixth day so Ill weigh in tomorrow. Good luck!

#32 Oct 6, 2011
  13. A kick start

A kick start Member
    Standard Member

Hi m.e -wow 18 kilos in two months is amazing!!! And 2 kilos already is great! Have you had any other symptoms other than dry mouth? It's great that you've already had such a successful experience with duromine, should help with the motivation! I would love to lose 18 kilos by the end of Oct, my second month! keep us posted when u can,
    Take care :)

#33 Oct 6, 2011
  14. A kick start

A kick start Member
    Standard Member

So five weeks today-lost 3 kilos this week but had a very lazy week-exercised only twice-so 14 kilos in total. Three weeks left of 40mg then I would have been on this 2 months-I'm going hard in last three weeks-upping the anti on daily exercise so that I get 10 kilos off and be 80k before I have to stop.

Some ppl start duromine on 80k so have a long wat to go. I at least know that at 80 k I will be feeling/looking a lot more normal and starting to fit into some of my old clothes.....and 80 kilos is better than 104 which is where I started.....k treadmill now...

#34 Oct 9, 2011
  15. SIZE16

SIZE16 New Member
    Standard Member

Congratulations! Thats awesome :) 14 kilos is a fantastic effort. It doesnt matter what you started on, you are FOURTEEN KILOS DOWN!! Much better than being 14kilos heavier. Everyone is different and you will get to your goal soon enough. Keep going!
    I still dont think Duromine works for me. Its pretty crappy but I guess it just doesnt work for everyone. Ill hang in there for the rest of the month but I just cant see and results or effects.

#35 Oct 11, 2011
  16. volcom

volcom New Member
    Standard Member

How come only 2 months? Is that the longest your dr has said you can go on them for?
    My dr said he will only put me on them for three months.
    I am starting mine next week!!!! im excited actually but very nervous!!!!
    Not sure if I should start a new thread or just put it in here... as you said the forum seems to be dead.

#36 Oct 11, 2011
  17. Laura113

Laura113 New Member
    Standard Member

WOw firsty congrats on your weight loss to date! That's awesome great job!!!!
    I am currently finishing my 3rd day on 30mg n so far have had very dry mouth n a headache on yesterday day 2 n have not slept till at least 3 last nite n it is niw 2.23am australia time n still up i have noticed my appetite has subsided but i am still hungry as such just don't feel like eating!! If that makes any sense?? I am 21 166cm tall n currently weigh 113.8kg I have not weighed myslf as yet since starting as am bit scared as I have not noticed any loss!! I do very Lil exercise as I have back problems since having difficult labour wit my son 18mths ago! I have always been a bigger girl 110kgs size 22-24 at 15 yrs old n worked extreamly hard to get done to 78kgs a big size 12-14 but put on 28 kilos whilst pregnant n few more after from back problems and a hard 2 yrs wit relationship ending and so forth! I am hoping to at least get bak down to 80kgs but goal weight is 65 kgs am hoping to c more results soon :( hoping to get any suggestions on extra ways to help max weight lose n some emotional support from this site :)

#37 Oct 14, 2011
  18. Yellow

Yellow New Member
    Standard Member

Hey There, Im 23, 167cm, starting weight 77kilos. have been trying to lose weight for 4 months now with no results so started on duromine. I have the generic brand 'metermine' and im on 30mg. So far im a week into it, My appetite is the same, Im sleeping fine, no side effects, slight headaches and thirsty so where i would maybe have 1 glass of water a day i am now constantly drinking water 24/7.

After the first day i lost 1 kilos, the second day another kilo gone the 3rd day half a kilo gone then day 4 i put the kilo back on day 5 and i was back up another kilo and now after a complete week i am only 2 kilos down from my starting weight. i probably shouldn't be weighing myself every single day so im going to stop with the constant weigh ins but right now I just dont feel like this has any effect on me and isnt working :(

#38 Oct 14, 2011
  19. Laura113

Laura113 New Member
    Standard Member

I'm little depressed ATM I thought I was doing good on this so far it only been 4 days but have been eating on healthy things such ad fruit n just some savoy biscuits wit cheese and have just weighed myself and according to my scales I have put on 1.8 kgs since the doc weighed me 5 days ago :( I am hoping it's just my scales cux they different from the ones at the doctors surgery so goin to go down the docs on Monday n weigh myself there then cum home n weigh myself on mine to c wat the diff is :( pray I havn put on that much weight in 4 days :(

#39 Oct 14, 2011
  20. Laura113

Laura113 New Member
    Standard Member

To yellow

U think it's not working as your weighing yourself everyday so u r seeing it goin up n down if u had weighed urself only at the end of the week I'm sure u would have been happy with 2kgs!! 2kgs a week is awesome so it's deff working!!
    Also r u weighing yourself in the morning!! Cuz if ur doin it at diff times ur weight will b all ova the place and also at nite I done sane thing weighed myself at nite n thought I had put on 1.8kgs but weighed myself next morning n was relived that I hadn't put on any in fact I had lost 1.4kgs in 4 days :)
    I would suggest weighing yourself only at end of every week! Or if u do want to continue every day do it in morning once you wake up n go toilet! But before u ear that is best time to see wat ur actual weight us without and food or fluid in ur system yet :)
    Keep us posted on ur journey :)

#40 Oct 15, 2011