My Daily Duromine Diary

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by milkncookies, Mar 26, 2015.

1. milkncookies

milkncookies Member
    Standard Member

My stats:

Height: 157cm
    Weight: 75kg
    BMI: 30

So two days ago I went to the doctor, told him how I've piled on 15kg in 12 months and I need help. I'll be honest, and tell you all what I believe my weight gain is due to.

1) a bad break up that made depression rear it's ugly head

2) bullying at my regular gym causing me to stop going

3) losing my job

These three things may seem like a dumb reason to stop exercising and start eating poorly, but I'm sure all of us have turned to food as an emotional crutch at some point. My difficulty has been stopping this.

Now, while I have changed gyms, my weight gain has had a huge toll on my self esteem and I barely feel able to go without panic setting in. I know that this stems from my negative experience at my previous gym, where I was actually incredibly fit. My thought process has been "if I was teased when I was fit, imagine how bad it will be when I'm overweight".

I KNOW that it was just a bad group of people, and gyms are generally supportive places, but I hope you all can see my train of thought and reasoning.

I went to a doctor and basically said "I'm eating better (true) but I'm having trouble regulating meals and eat out of boredom a lot. I've been doing better at curbing this, but my weight is still slowly rising and I feel unattractive and embarrassed about how I look." The dr was nice and told me that "some men prefer larger women to have something to hold onto but I can see why it's making you sad, if you yourself are uncomfortable"

He took my stats and immediately gave me a one month script for Duromine 40mg. I was surprised that he gave me the big dose straight up, but my BMI does put me in the "obese" range. Can I just say how shocked I was at that? I knew I was overweight but I honestly didn't realise by how much.

Anyway, I set an alarm and got up at 6am to take it. I woke up again naturally at 8:30 and it was cold and rainy, all I wanted to do was snuggle under my covers! But I was wide awake and in a great mood. I feel wonderful and as I was making my coffee I was thinking about all the cleaning I had to do and was pumped! I did about 6 hours of cleaning in under 2 hours. Heaps of energy and a generally great mood. Had to pee about 800000 times and drank so much water, also used Biotene mouth spray to help with the dry mouth.

The only bad thing is, I didn't get more than 3 hours sleep. I took another Duromine this morning at 6:30 which probably means I'm going to suffer badly from lack of sleep again tonight... I hope not! It's weird feeling so awake when I know I'm actually very tired.

I know this is an "early" update but I wanted to get the ball rolling. I'll post daily because I couldn't find too many recent duromine experiences and hope that my adventure can help someone.

Any questions or comments are welcome, I'd love to talk to others in my position.

Also - coffee is ok on duromine, right? Because it tastes extra delicious. Haha xx

#1 Mar 26, 2015
  2. milkncookies

milkncookies Member
    Standard Member

27 March 2015

Day three: yesterday was weird. A few hours after I took my tablet, my pupils were massive. I looked like I was on drugs. I didn't feel great yesterday at all, muscles aching and headache that I'm sure was due to light sensitivity. Yesterday the most substantial thing I ate was scrambled eggs on toast. Fell asleep at about 3am but was prepared for that as I had taken my tablet At 6:30am.

Today, I feel like death. It's only 9:30am but so far:

- muscle cramps/aches,especially in my neck
    - teeth painful from grinding in my sleep (never happened before Duromine)
    -severe nausea
    - huge pupils / headache from light sensitivity

I essentially feel as if I'm pregnant. You know the first few weeks and your body just feels plain weird? It's very similar to that. I think I feel nauseous from not eating anywhere near As much, kinda hunger pains I guess.

I'm concerned that the 40 is too high of a dose. I'm not going to take any tomorrow and see if I can swap a sheet of my 40mg for a friends 30mg.

I have heRd the 3rd day is the worst so hopefully this passes.

#2 Mar 27, 2015
  3. milkncookies

milkncookies Member
    Standard Member

31 March 2014

Sorry for the lack of posts. Today has been a week since I started so I did my first weigh in. I skipped my 4th day and today as I wasn't feeling well the 4th and woke up too late today.

I started at 75kg and as of today I'm 71. This obviously is great, and I was feeling better about myself already, as I feel my face and neck area have slimmed considerably. Unfortunately, my neighbour decided to ask me today why I've gotten so big the last year. English isn't her first language, but the conversation went as follows:

Her: "you have put on weight yes?"

Me: "pardon? What?"

Her: "you used to be so thin and pretty, and now have you been eating a lot? You have the extra chins and flappy arms now"

I just stared at her with nothing to say I was so shocked..then she's like "I need to lose weight too but I just had a baby. Your tummy looks saggy"

So I feel like a deflated bag of lard at the moment.. I won't be skipping anymore days at all. Pretty big blow to what was already very new and fragile self esteem. I hope this somehow helps anyone else reading.

xx

#3 Mar 31, 2015
  4. Audrey3

Audrey3 Moderator
    Premium Member

Ah no, poor you!!! Sometimes it is the communication gap and some cultures are not the most discreet!, they just say what they mean and don't necessarily mean to insult you - although they get that done as well.
    Don't let her get to you, maybe she noticed you lost weight and it was her way of asking you how you did it.
    Keep at it and show her!

#4 Mar 31, 2015
    bring.it.on.2015 likes this.
  5. Kayley

Kayley Active Member
    Standard Member

I hope your rude neighbour didn't get u down! How's your weight loss going?

#5 May 30, 2015
  6. Kiara

Kiara Member
    Standard Member

Good job on your weightloss so far!

My mum is of Asian decent and English is her 2nd language. My mum would point out how big I have gotten and really ruined my self esteem. A few years ago, for the Christmas holidays, my mum brought it up nearly everyday for a week. In the end I know my mum was just worried about my health and me getting bigger. But she was so blunt and rude and personal that it was just hurtful. I feel your pain, but maybe she is hinting that you can both loose weight together?

Don't feel down about it, your doing what you need to for yourself. Your doing great so far!

#6 Jul 14, 2015
  7. DiaryofADuroDamzel

Standard Member

Ekkkk! That would have been awful.

#7 Jul 15, 2015