I Made It To Week 4

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by Bringingskinnyback, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Bringingskinnyback

Bringingskinnyback Well-Known Member
    Premium Member

Hi guys, since I managed to make it this far without quitting I am game to join up. My name is Lee, I'm 35 and female. In four weeks I have lost 5.4kg.

My stats
    Height 168cm
    Start weight 75.7kg
    Current weight 70.3kg
    Goal weight 55kg
    15mg

So I went to the doctor for a Pap smear and left with duromine. I get home and do a little research, geez I must be fat I think because this is a drug prescribed for obese people! My BMI is overweight, my doctor knows my regular weight is in the low 50's so yeah that's 20-25kgs I need to lose.

I got to this weight with not losing the weight after bub number 3 than the death of my teenage brother, that added 17kg in 5years. I guess I developed a f##k it life's short attitude and ate whatever I felt like. I lost that 'I'm full feeling' from overeating.

My experience with duromine so far has been quite positive. Absolutely suppresses my appetite, I'm a carb junkie and this pill takes away those cravings for me. Side effects have been minimal, Occassion dry mouth but that's about it. Week one I lost 2.3kg, week two 1.1kg, week three 1kg and week four 1kg.

Exercise is 30-60mins on the treadmill, maybe 4-5 days a week.

For anyone that made it this far I am curious about heartrate during workouts. I walk at 5km per hour and my heart rate is 150BPM, would normally be less than 120BPM when not on Duromine. With all this extra energy I have started jogging, not a lot just a minute at 8km per hour than walk to recover. At 8km my heartrate gets up to 185BPM, is that normal/safe? I will be asking my doctor next week.

Well thanks for reading, I have read quite a lot of threads and they are quite motivational, let's hope I will stick to this and get to my goal!

#1 Aug 11, 2015
    LeeLi, Holly92 and healthyfitmumma84 like this.
  2. Bringingskinnyback

Premium Member

Week 5 Update

Yay, made it back into the 60's this week.
    Weighed in this morning at 68.8kg, that's a 1.5kg loss this week.
    I'm a bit surprised I lost more than the kilo, only got on the treadmill twice this week. I was busy most off the week, hardly had a chance to sit and rest. I guess the constant moving is just as good as intention exercise.

Not expecting a great result next week. Woke up with a cold yesterday, feeling like crap and really tired. Still took the duromine this morning, was thinking about skipping it while sick but decided not to.

#2 Aug 17, 2015
  3. Booty

Booty Active Member
    Standard Member

Congratulations!

#3 Aug 18, 2015
    Bringingskinnyback likes this.
  4. Booty

Booty Active Member
    Standard Member

When i started duromine a virus came through my house and wiped out everyone - except me. I think Duromine increases your metabolism and helps stimulate alot of different areas within your body, so it was essentially "ready" to fight off viruses. It took a while to go, but it didnt affect me like it did everyone else. - keep up the good work.

#4 Aug 18, 2015
  5. sofia87

sofia87 New Member
    Standard Member

Heya Lee,
    Great blog - thank you.
    What was your food intake like?
    I am the same height as you. however, 10kgs heavier :(
    Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    S

#5 Aug 19, 2015
  6. Bringingskinnyback

Premium Member

Hi Sophia

I am more of a snacker so eat small meals and snacks. Breakfast has always been a struggle for me so usually have a celebrity slim shake. Salad and some type of protein is my favourite easy meal. Stir fry is a good tea option. I poach 2 chicken breasts in chicken stock, than freeze in 100g packs. That's an easy meal with 'Coles kale coleslaw', it's in the fruit and veg section. I snack on things like cucumber, capsicum, olives, jalapeños, radishes, celery, baby spinach leaves. Country ladle minestrone soup in the single serve can. Coles brand mexi-beans on salad. I usually have some kind of deli meat like turkey, ham, roast pork and even small amounts of cabonossi and cheese. I aim for around 1200 calories, but it's just a rough guess.

Will try post a pic of some of my mini meals, bottom right corner is Subway chicken teriyaki and salad. So yum and easy, i can only eat half in one sitting.
    [​IMG]
    GOODLUCK, and if you have any more questions feel free to ask.

Attached Files:

#6 Aug 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2019
    Booty likes this.
  7. Bringingskinnyback

Premium Member

I was really hoping I would have the same experience. First half of the week I felt like my body was trying to fight it off, only feeling really bad in the early mornings and night time. By Thursday the cold/flu really took hold. I'm just scared that I will stuff up weightloss, I haven't been eating or drinking enough. Sneaky weigh in says I'm 1kg down, still 3 days to official weigh in.

#7 Aug 21, 2015
  8. Booty

Booty Active Member
    Standard Member

Oh dear.. :-/ i hope you feel better soon.

#8 Aug 21, 2015
  9. Bringingskinnyback

Premium Member

Week 6 Update

Lost 1.4kg this week, now down to 67.4kg. Im a little surprised with that loss, zero exercise due to being sick all week. Had a check-up with the doctor this week. She was very happy with my progress and is happy for me to keep going. I wasn't sure how long my doctor was going to let me stay on duromine, was quite pleased when she gave me enough scripts to get to my goal.

#9 Aug 24, 2015
    Phily2401, tanlucer and Booty like this.
  10. Booty

Booty Active Member
    Standard Member

Woohoo! !

#10 Aug 24, 2015
  11. tanlucer

tanlucer Active Member
    Standard Member

Great loss. You will be at your goal in no time. Good luck for your next week. T x

#11 Aug 24, 2015
  12. Bringingskinnyback

Premium Member

Thanks Booty and Tanlucer for your support

Thought I would post a few pics at current weight of 67.4kg. I do have start weight pics but they are only in undies, maybe when I get to my goal I might be brave enough to post the official before and after. Managed to fit in cotton on size 12 jeggings, still have a chunky belly but this is nothing compared to my usual bloated belly that makes me look 6 months pregnant.

Hope you guys are still going well on your weightloss journey:)
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

#12 Aug 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2019
  13. Booty

Booty Active Member
    Standard Member

You are looking AMAZING!

I have had carbs in the afternoon the last few days. Having people over for dinner, going to others for dinner etc. Everywhere is CARBS CARBS CARBS! ! ! Ahhhhh****
    I havent "lost" anything. I guess not gaining is a bit of a win* but by day 25 i should be in a better position then where i am now. Kinda kicking myself a bit..
    Not many know i am on duromine, as i dont want any distractions - negative comments about being on a diet or the pill in general or people wanting to "try" some. After my script runs out - i dont think my dr will give me another as i estimate i will have a healthy bmi. (Yay!!)

I know what i have got to do, and i am doing it.! Foot is pounding the pavement - much to my son's disapproval. (Mummy i dont want to walk to school. I want to take the car. I hate exercising. Mummy why do we have to exercising? You can do it all by yourself, i dont want to.) My daily struggles. Lol..

Bright side is, I sleep much much better. I missed Saturday as i slept in (turned off my 4am alarm to allow my body a bit more rest). My house is clean. My yard is clean. My eating is a process. As it is always said - it is a journey. It is a lifestyle change. It is not a diet that ends once the prescription finishes.

Have you experienced the nerves above your eye twitching? My left eye is always having a spasm. Use to get them when i drank too much caffeine, now its a daily thing.. :-/

#13 Aug 25, 2015
  14. Bringingskinnyback

Premium Member

Thanks, feeling better also!

I get what you mean about the carbs, they are my biggest killer. But since being on duromine even if I do have some carbs I can only eat a little and I feel really full. Like you said 'you haven't gained' so you must be doing something right. Kids, such selfish little creatures lol. No way would my boys walk, they ride their bikes while I walk/ jog so I don't get left behind. No paths close to me so I put the bikes in the car and drive to a nice long bike track. They never complain about bike rides!

Doesn't hurt to ask your doctor about one more script, you never know...especially if your doctor knows you aren't having bad side effects anymore. Scrub that, just realised you have 3 months not 1 month. I reckon you will get there for sure in that time.

The eye twitch I have had in the past but I don't think I have had it since being on duromine. My trigger for that is fake sugar, forget what brand. It also makes my upper lip feel tingly. For two days straight I had a really annoying twitch, left butt cheek lol. Not sure if food or exercised caused that, it was so strong but gone now.

It's funny how duromine is different for everyone. Must be annoying waking up at 4am everyday, I take mine around 8am and have no issues. Oh yeah, others comments on duromine are interesting. My fav is - 'your cheating taking drugs, I'd rather do it the natural way' lol.

#14 Aug 25, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
  15. Booty

Booty Active Member
    Standard Member

Oh yes.... that ones a killa..

Haha oh your poor bum lol... 4am wake isnt that bad actually. My husband gets up for work at that time so we have a cuppa together and i make sure he hasnt forgotten his head before he goes lol

#15 Aug 25, 2015
  16. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Wow! I would say - you are skinny:laughing:

#16 Aug 25, 2015
    Booty likes this.
  17. Bringingskinnyback

Premium Member

The clothes hide a lot. But must admit losing just over 8kg so far has made a massive difference.
    My doctor seen the real deal, stripped down for the dreaded checkups us girls have to go through. The D was her idea, I'd never heard of it before. I'm so glad she prescribed it.

#17 Aug 25, 2015
    Booty and Kate like this.
  18. Tania J

Tania J Active Member
    Premium Member

Have a look online at the "Banting"diet - or lifestyle. I started it a while back and the food are the most delicious ever, no portioning, and amazing results. Went off D for a while but back on and lost around 1kg in 2 weeks. Since on banting I have lost 2kg in one week. And I feel amazing, no bloating. It is a bit difficult in the beginning not eating carbs, bread is my biggest enemy and I cant turn down a good burger...... but the D helps with that.

#18 Aug 25, 2015
    Booty likes this.
  19. Bringingskinnyback

Premium Member

Bloating is a major issue for so many people. Low carb works for me, but I just can't stick to it in the real world. While on duromine I can but I am worried when I stop. Looked up the Banting diet you suggested, tried something very similar before, great results 5kg in 3 weeks but had to stop due to kidney pain. Something that works for me is eating mostly a alkaline diet. 80 alkaline 20 acid, feel great no bloated belly. But I need carbs and I will never stick to any diet without them, been there and failed that so many times. I need to learn to control my carb intake, so it doesn't control me. Now if I make a sandwich I only make it with one slice, or have a bread roll but pull out all the dough in the middle and stuff it with salad and protein. Works great for now on D, let's hope I can stick to it after.

#19 Aug 25, 2015
    Booty likes this.
  20. tanlucer

tanlucer Active Member
    Standard Member

Hi Lee you look great. Cant wait to get to where you are. Lot more work to do my end. Carbs are also my downfall. I try not to have any after lunch. They taste sooooo gooood tho I have been hit with the dreaded virus have been down for 1.5wks now. Stopped the D so I would sleep and get better. Still have nasty cough and headache but back at work. Good news is I have lost 1kg whilst i was sick. Willpower will have to keep me going as I dont want to start back on D while not 100%. I work in a bakery/cafe so food (carbs) everywhere Best get some shut eye have a 10hr shift tomorrow. Good luck and keep up the great work you look fantastic. T xo

#20 Aug 25, 2015