Hi Everyone! Just Started 15mg Last Night

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Daylan, Aug 24, 2017.

1. Daylan

Daylan Member
    Standard Member

Hi everybody!

My name is Tanja and i just began my first try of Duromine at 15mg.

A bit about me, im 38, 164cms and was once 120kg, lost 60kgs with weight watchers 15 years ago. Until last year, i managed to maintain that weight and keep very active. However, i started displaying PCOS symtoms and in 6mths, i gained 16kgs!
    Recently had a partial hysterectomy but kept ovaries as the surgeon felt they werent too damaged. After trying almost everything including seeing a dietician and failing Topamax where i gained more weight(dnt go there!) But slowly lost back to 76 when stopped. My GP suggested Duramine.

So here i am! I eat emotionally (seeing a counsellor) and am planning a low carb eating plan to help.

SW- 75.9kgs - 24 AUG 17

Mini goal #1 - 70kgs
    Mini goal #2- 65kgs

GW- 60kgs

Good luck everyone and i will keep posting progress!

#1 Aug 24, 2017
    April likes this.
  2. Daylan

Daylan Member
    Standard Member

Update: no side effects so far apart from drinking more water. Took capsule at 7.30am... was kinda expecting to have a sudden burst of energy, but alas, my house has yet to clean itself ;P Though i am a bit more hungry than usual (??).

#2 Aug 24, 2017
    Andi4today likes this.
  3. Daisyflower

Daisyflower Member
    Standard Member

Hi Daylan.

I just wanted to wish you all the best and let you know how incredible it is that you lost 60kg. It's difficult to even believe, especially as you didn't just lose weight but you became skinny!
    I'm 80kg so it's funny that you're big is 70kg but I understand your mentality and think it's great you're on to it early!
    My weight got away from me but I was 60/65kg until 18
    Months ago!

Good luck! I look forward to your updates!
    Daisy

#3 Aug 25, 2017
    Daylan and April like this.
  4. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member

Hi Daylan! That is… I am not even sure which word to use… amazing! 60 kilograms on your own… Applause!

I wish you all the willpower to fight emotional eating and hope that both counselling and Duromine will help you defeat this issue and lose as much weight as you wish! Keeping my fingers crossed for a successful weight loss journey!

Hungry… try drinking more water… might help, hopefully. Take care

#4 Aug 25, 2017
    Daylan likes this.
  5. Daylan

Daylan Member
    Standard Member

#5 Aug 25, 2017
  6. Daylan

Daylan Member
    Standard Member

Hi Daisyflower :)

Thankyou for you wishes! It is amazing how we all carry extra weight, i am rather petit so any weight i put on, is noticeable.

I lost that weight when i was a spring chicken and with no pcos. And it was easy with a bit of exercise and weight watchers. Now... sheesh (!!)... busting my chops, strict diet and intense exercise and i gain weight! (Not to mention the lovely acne, facial hair and all the wonderful symptoms of pcos that are so attractive, hee hee)

It is possible, and all the success stories on this forum are so encouraging, i hope Duramine works for you Daisy and me

♡ t

#6 Aug 25, 2017
  7. Daisyflower

Daisyflower Member
    Standard Member

Hey there!
    Sorry to hear about pcos. My older sister has it and she's hit with all the side effects too. Not nice at all!

I noticed you mentioned you were hungry still. I found that the 15mg was too weak for me so I took it later in the day around midday so it last till after dinner.

I've just started the 30mg and so far it's much better. I've got insomnia anyway so that's no drama as it's no worse than it was.

I know some people alternate between 15 and 30 each day which apparently helps too.

All the best!

#7 Aug 25, 2017
    Daylan likes this.
  8. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member

Hi Tanja! How is it going today? Still feeling hungrier than usual?

#8 Aug 25, 2017
  9. Daylan

Daylan Member
    Standard Member

Hi April, thank you for asking :)

Not really "hungry-hungry", though i have noticed I am eating a bit more. Drinking plenty of water but I have noticed today that coffee and duromine are a no-go. I dont feel hyper as such, just a bit dizzy with an upset stomach. I am about to do another 8km hike and still sorting out my eating plan ( i think this is a work in progress ). No weight loss as yet, a bit fluid-y, but I am expecting that as my body is very stubborn. Still sleeping the same so that is okay. Crashing at about 11pm, whereas I never could get to sleep easily before. I am thinking of taking up Daisyflowers suggestion of taking the pill later at around 8-9am, as 5 am I am not noticing any energy surge ( i usually go back to sleep after ).

Cheers,

Tanja

#9 Aug 26, 2017
  10. Megz2017

Megz2017 New Member
    Standard Member

Hi guys good to hear your sucess storys! im wondering if anyone could possibly tell me what doctorin the goldcoast perscribes it? would be very much appreciated thanks!!

#10 Aug 26, 2017
  11. Daylan

Daylan Member
    Standard Member

Im in sunny Melbourne, so ive no idea but i do hope you find one!

♡ Tanja

#11 Aug 26, 2017
  12. Librarian

Librarian Active Member
    Standard Member

Daylan I find my pill takes about a hour to work before I want to get out of bed. Often I take it (30 mg now, I started on 15) when I get up to use the bathroom then go back to bed for a while. For me it lasts pretty much all day, I have to exercise a bit of control at dinner time with food portions and then close the kitchen for the day and crash in front of the TV for the evening. I get to sleep much easier than I used to - maybe that is the extra exercise I'm doing! - but I'm still restless at night, I always was so I'm used to that. But I think everyone responds differently and you have to find what works for you.

#12 Aug 28, 2017
    Daylan likes this.
  13. Daylan

Daylan Member
    Standard Member

Thanks Librarian! I find i go straight back to sleep after taking my pill for roughly an hour and then i get up and do stuff. I find that i start to get really hungry at 5pm and also have to exercise restraint from monstering my fridge. Water is helping and also going for a mega walk at night.
    I have a habit of waking up every 2-3 hours thinking its morning, and nothing has really changed or become worse so i am cool with that.

Definitely hoping for any kind of loss this week. I see my GP on the 13th of Sept and hopefully she will permit an upgrade to 30mg. :)

#13 Aug 28, 2017
  14. Brenna

Brenna New Member
    Standard Member

Hello! I'm from the Gold Coast and started Duromine on the 29th August! I got my prescription from a GP in Hope Island :)

#14 Sep 5, 2017
  15. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member

Tanja, hi! How are you doing? Any changes for better? Just one week left until your dosage up…

#15 Sep 7, 2017
  16. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member

Hello Tanja! So how did it go with the doctor? Did he prescribe 30 mg? What about the weight loss? Any progress?

#16 Sep 15, 2017