Hi All Started On Duromine 3 Days Ago

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Ceola Marunui, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Ceola Marunui

Ceola Marunui New Member
    Standard Member

Starting Weight:
    98kgs
    Current Weight:
    98kgs
    Height:
    162cm
    Goal Weight:
    74kg
    hi all and greeting to all that have just started there journey. I'm a mother of 4 and my lack of motivation to exercise or eat healthier was non existed, so I turned to duromine. I have been on duromine for 3 days and it keeps me awake … normally I nap during the day, and I struggle thru out the day due to a busy lifestyle and my added extra weight.... So hi all 74kgs here I come

#1 Aug 20, 2018
    Charlie likes this.
  2. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member

Welcome to the forum! All the luck to you on your journey!

#2 Aug 20, 2018
  3. Sylvia

Sylvia Member
    Standard Member

Hey I'm on my 5th day today and I finally had a decent enough sleep last night. I'm on 15mg. I think our bodies will get used to it. I noticed others on this forum talk about taking there's early in the morning like 5.30am. I'm on annual leave at the moment so I've been sleeping in until 8am to 8.30 am and then taking mine then. I might actually set the alarm and take mine earlier like others do so I can get a good nights sleep.

#3 Aug 21, 2018
  4. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member

Yep, it's a great idea. Almost everyone who wakes up to take Duromine at 5 in the morning goes back to sleep until it's time to wake up for work. I am sure you will be just fine.
    On the other hand... if your sleeplesness problems are over, it might be ok to keep taking the pills at 8, like you're used to already so that the appetite suppression lasts till night. I guess, you will have to see how it works if you take it earlier. Best of luck!

#4 Aug 21, 2018
  5. Sunita

Sunita Member
    Standard Member

I’ve just restarted taking Duromine after around. 6 month break. Kept off the 12kg I lost first time round, but found that I had plateaued so have got another months supply to kickstart the weight loss

here’s the odd thing - first time round, I lost a 1kg in first 3 days. This time I’ve increased about a 1kg in 3 days. My Diet was exercise routing is exactly the same as last time . What’s going on ???

current weight 61kg
    GW is 55kg

#5 Feb 17, 2020
  6. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member

Hi there! Well, maybe you forgot about the increased water intake required during Duromine treatment?

#6 Feb 17, 2020
  7. Sunita

Sunita Member
    Standard Member

water intake hasn’t actually increased vs normal. I know people say they get a dry mouth etc but I’ve never experienced that, so have not increased water intake

#7 Feb 17, 2020
  8. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member

And the first time, as well? No increased water intake?
    Maybe... you're somewhere around your period time. Water weight increase is a normal thing. Or your body iss stressing out because of the start of Duromine treatment.
    Every time you begin a new course, you can have a different response.

#8 Feb 17, 2020
  9. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member

How are you doing?

#9 Feb 19, 2020
  10. Sunita

Sunita Member
    Standard Member

Hi April . I’ve actually stopped today . Previously I was taking Panbesy 15mg and had no side effects whatsoever. This time round I’m on Duromine 15mg and yesterday my heart was racing, I was very dizzy and felt like I was going to pass out. I’ve never had this reaction before so it freaked me out a bit as I had no idea what was happening to my body. I phoned the doctor who advised me to stop it for a couple of days.

I may restart or just stop and continue the old fashioned way of sensible diet and exercises. I only have 4 k to loose before a family wedding in June so should be achievable.

#10 Feb 19, 2020
  11. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member

Oh my! That's a scary side effect. If you still decide to resume Duromine, better take it every other day. And yes, 4 kilos is usually something that might be fixed with exercising and sensible eating.Best of luck to you!!!!

#11 Feb 19, 2020
    Dre likes this.