Going To Start Tomorow - Quite Anxious

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by Bel74, Jul 6, 2017.

1. Bel74

Bel74 New Member
    Standard Member

Hi, my names Bel and I'm a mum of 4.
    Over the years - probably about 8 years or so - I went through a depression. Lost self worth and didn't really focus on what I ate or drank at all. I became an emotional binge eater. If that's even the right term. I don't know how heavy I was at my largest size, because I didn't care. Although when I seperated from my ex, I started feeling like it was ok to care about myself again. This was September 2015.
    I went to see my doctor regarding a broken arm that was healing, and thought I might ask her to check my blood pressure. That day was the scariest day of my life. She said I needed an ecg. To monitor my heart. My blood pressure was very high and I had an irregular heart beat.
    She said she wanted to make certain I wasn't having a heart attack.
    So it's over a year later, and I don't know how much weight I've lost by simply not drinking coke and eating about 5% of the carbs I used to. No drive through foods, and researching a heck of a lot about nutrition and basic diet.
    Now I've been stuck on 70 kilos for about 3 months. My bmi is 26 or 27. So I'm still overweight. Before I started this journey I was obese. Like I said my weight was unknown.
    So since I started worrying about why I'm not moving off 70-71, my doctor has been asking me if I'm willing to try duromine at its lowest dose.
    I said no twice. Finally last month i said ok. I bought the prescription today with the support of a friend saying ill be ok. Which gave me the strength to actually buy it.
    My pharmacist was amazing with my anxiety about it too, saying that many people do take duromine and the side effects shouldn't be pronounced if any with 15mg.
    I'm trusting everyone and reading the wonderful posts on here, and the beautiful support made me want to be a part of the journey here aswell as my own.
    I'd love to read more feedback about everyone's weightloss transformations and hopefully I will have the strength to actually take the tablet tomorow early in the morning so I can hopefully get some sleep at night as I wake up super early for work on Saturday. -4am-
    Cheers all and wishing everyone a positive outcome.

#1 Jul 6, 2017
    Lized and Eloise like this.
  2. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member

Hello Bel! Welcome to the forum and thank you so much for your story! I am so sorry you had to silently struggle with depression for such a long time. and congratulations on finally starting to get back to your own self!

You are very bravo for waking up and deciding to change your life for the sake of your health and kids! They certainly need you and you do need to be healthy and happy to stay with them as long as possible.

I want to tell you that it’s ok to be worried and anxious, because I am sure you have also read not so wonderful posts through the Internet. Still I am sure you know that are so different and everybody has his own unique story with Duromine. I wish that your story is a very successful one and full of positive emotions!

Keeping my fingers crossed for your day one and changes for better in your life! Cheers!

#2 Jul 7, 2017
  3. Lized

Lized Active Member
    Standard Member

all th
    all the best hun, and let us know how its going xx

#3 Jul 10, 2017
  4. MINKY01

MINKY01 New Member
    Standard Member

How's ur progress going so far?

#4 Jul 25, 2017
  5. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member

Yes Bel, I am also very curious of how you are doing and feeling. Hope you will find time for an update. I can understand how being a mom of 4 can leave you without a single free minute. A good day to you!

#5 Jul 25, 2017