First Week On Duromine 30mg Melbourne

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Melbourne93, Jun 8, 2018.

1. Melbourne93

Melbourne93 New Member
    Standard Member

Starting Weight:
    88.6kg
    Current Weight:
    86.5kg
    Height:
    178cm
    Lost:
    2.1kg
    Goal Weight:
    65kg
    Started 30mg Duromine yesterday 7/6/18 and took my first tablet at 5:50am. I fell back asleep until 7:50am when I wake up to get myself ready for work and my 7yo ready for school. Weighed myself for the first time in a long time (covered my eyes when I stepped on the scales at the doctors) weighed in at 88.6kg

I expected to feel awful after reading about some of the horrible side effects people have experienced. I felt fine just alert definitely not high or anything horrible.
    Work day went well, I drank around 3L of water during my work day 9am-3pm

Fell asleep pretty soon after arriving home (7:30ish) I did however toss and turn a lot and eventually woke up at 11:30
    Didn’t fall back asleep again until 1:30/2am ish

Woke up this morning and weighed myself again and I lost 2.1kg on my first day!
    Feeling great and very motivated
    Will be posting daily updates and photos

Best of luck to everyone else

#1 Jun 8, 2018
    phenyel94 likes this.
  2. ASANDAbunce

ASANDAbunce Member
    Standard Member

Wow amazing I'm on my fifth day today I haven't weighed myself after starting.

Congrats and best of luck to you too.

#2 Jun 8, 2018
    Rava, Melbourne93 and tshedzza like this.
  3. Melbourne93

Melbourne93 New Member
    Standard Member

Day three
    This morning I weighed in at 85.7kg

#3 Jun 9, 2018
    ASANDAbunce likes this.
  4. Melbourne93

Melbourne93 New Member
    Standard Member

Please keep me updated on your progress

#4 Jun 10, 2018
  5. ASANDAbunce

ASANDAbunce Member
    Standard Member

Sure thing will do

#5 Jun 10, 2018
  6. Melbourne93

Melbourne93 New Member
    Standard Member

Update:
    Sunday morning I weighed myself after attending a luncheon on Saturday and I weighed 85.2kg
    Didn’t drink any water though I think this has a huge impact on my weight loss
    Sunday I also didn’t do so well. Maybe one glass of water and went out for dinner.

It’s now Monday and I weigh the same 85.2kg

I hate long weekends so many opportunities to eat. Looking forward to going back to work tomorrow and getting back into the swing of things

How’s everyone else in week one gone?

#6 Jun 11, 2018
  7. Rava

Rava Well-Known Member
    Premium Member

Hi @Melbourne93 :)

Great to pop in and start reading a new journal!

My first week I lost 2.8kg, I am 170cm tall and starting weight was 89kg.

Change takes time, and just remember to be kind to yourself whilst you implement your new changes :)

#7 Jun 11, 2018
  8. Melbourne93

Melbourne93 New Member
    Standard Member

How’s everyone going? Would love to hear about everyone’s experiences

#8 Jun 12, 2018
  9. Rava

Rava Well-Known Member
    Premium Member

Hiya @Melbourne93 going great!

Hows your day been? Coping ok, now that you are back at work?

My journal/posts are under the "My experiences with Duromine Section" titled Day by Day. Feel free to pop on over and have a read :)

#9 Jun 12, 2018
  10. Melbourne93

Melbourne93 New Member
    Standard Member

Thanks Rava,
    I’ll definitely pop over and take a look. Food wise it’s easier being at work. I’m only eating dinner during the week and trying to stick to vegetables and protein no carbs.
    I am finding that my mind gets a little foggy.
    I weighed in at the same 85.2kg this morning so I’m hoping with my return to work ( I work a physical job) I would have lost a little.
    Looking forward to checking out your thread

#10 Jun 12, 2018
  11. Rava

Rava Well-Known Member
    Premium Member

Hey @Melbourne93 glad that you are finding it easier by being at work!

Are you only having the one meal and thats it? Or are you having some vege snacks during the day at work as well? If you are only having the one meal that can attribute to the fogginess you are feeling. Our brains definitely need fuel (good healthy food) to function.

With my own experience, I find its when I don't eat enough that my weight doesn't move. I've have always been one to struggle with breakfast, but from the get go I started taking a protein shake in the mornings. Lunch and dinners for me - are just like you. Protein and veg only with my low GI carbs coming from anything green and leafy.

From the middle of my second week I was seriously lacking in energy and that fogginess you mentioned was hitting me hard especially around 3pm in the afternoon. I decided to re-start my vitamin routine as well as adding in some low GI carbs in the morning (haven't moved off rolled oats, which with half a cup of skim milk and a teaspoon of dark honey come to 201 calories) and alternating days with my shakes - just to see if it would make a difference and it did!

I honestly want to encourage you to start an eating routine that will hold once you finish the Duromine course. The Duromine takes your focus away from food, and I know that there will be days when you will honestly forget to actually eat (this still happens with me if I am super focused on something that I need to do) but eating actually boosts your metabolism which makes you burn more calories in the long run.

I hope I don't come off as super pushy - just wanting to offer you some advice due to my own personal Duromine experience *hugs* :)

#11 Jun 13, 2018