Eating Plans

Discussion in 'Diet Plans & Questions' started by NewBeginnings, Oct 24, 2012.

1. NewBeginnings

NewBeginnings Member
    Standard Member

So I survived my first week on Duromine 30mg. I lost 2.5kg, no serious side effect, just a dry mouth. Now that I'm on week two, I am really starting to get hungry, but once I have eating a small portion, the hunger subsides and I'm good to go again.

I picked up my Weight Watchers file again over the weekend and was thinking to use that as a guideline to what and how much I eat (eat the number of point that will be allowed on my ideal weight). Together with this I want to incorporate some paelo / atkins eating; this is no sugar or starches. I've been doing this for about 2 days now and I'm realising how much food I actually consumed vs. what is actually necessary to maintain my goal weight when I reach it.

What I want to find out, is what eating programmes do you follow while on Duromine? Any help / suggestions?

#1 Oct 24, 2012
  2. NewBeginnings

NewBeginnings Member
    Standard Member

I'm not very happy with my eating plan :mad: For a couple of days I tried eating whilst using the Weight Watchers point system, but that didn't last very long. This really worries me because if I don't get the eating plan correct the weight will just pile on again when I stop taking Duromine. I really need to focus more on what types of food I eat, when I eat and also why. In the past I also tried to eat according to my blood type, which work like magic. Just really need to get my mind set right.

#2 Nov 5, 2012
  3. aturn121

aturn121 New Member
    Standard Member

I have cut out white bread, fizzy drink and takeaways are a treat. It's hard when others in ur family have nothing to worry about and have been serving up that food for 20 yrs. but just trying to eat normal but smaller portion , energy in energy out :)

#3 Nov 8, 2012
    kazzbah likes this.
  4. Karina

Karina New Member
    Standard Member

I have the same question as well

#4 Nov 28, 2013
  5. Lady_Di

Lady_Di New Member
    Standard Member

Something I found that works and keeps me going is oats -- general cooking oats. In SA the product I use is Jungle Oats Original. Its high in fibre. I take a 1/3 of a cup of raw oats to work, pop it into a mug and cook it in the microwave. Much less fuss than a pot. I eat two fruit one am and one pm at work and my lunch (round 12/1pm) usually consists of two viennas and a slice of wholewheat low gi seed bread with marmite on. Coffee has become a waste on me only drink 1/3 cup and then its left. Water is the best. Dinner is the trouble Im really not hungry -- but If my understanding is right you still need to keep your metabolism going. So maybe Ill have a fried egg (in olive oil) on the same low gi bread and im set.

#5 Dec 7, 2013
    Biancaloren1, Scorpio14 and Karina like this.
  6. Julie5412

Julie5412 Guest

Eat healthy diet like green vegetables and fruits eggs

#6 Dec 28, 2013
  7. Scorpio14

Scorpio14 Member
    Standard Member

I suggest you try something like Kellogs Special K 1 cup am with skim milk(I don't reallly like milk so I add water a just a drop of milk)lunch I eat a protein either meat/chicken with a veg-1 cup brocolli and I have a tablespooon of rice and gravy for dinner.Drink lots of water, at the moment I take up to 6 litres a day. I never get the urge to snack really and if I do I eat a fruit.(apple/mango/pineapple slices).

#7 Jan 8, 2014
    bartdaniels likes this.
  8. bartdaniels

bartdaniels Member
    Standard Member

I agree with Scorpio, if you drink plenty of water I find i dont get hungry or that feeling/urge that i need to eat.

Like Julie5412 said, eat greens. Maybe celery or some fruit.

2.5Kgs loss is great! keep up the good work!

#8 Jan 16, 2014
    Sunet and Ally Russell like this.
  9. NewBeginnings

NewBeginnings Member
    Standard Member

Nearly two years later and I'm back, don't know if I should be embarrassed :( or excited :). Never the less going to give this a go with a vengeance. With regards to eating plans / diets, what is your take on the latest craze about Banting. I have read the book the Tim Noakes wrote The Real Meal Revolution and have heard so many amazing success stories. It is basically a low carb, medium protein, high fat diet. Cutting out carbs and sugar can only be good for weight loss.

#9 Sep 16, 2014
  10. bartdaniels

bartdaniels Member
    Standard Member

Well dont be embarrassed, be excited of whats to come. There are lots of eating plans out there and crazes.

I am currently doing the Maxs Challenge. Its a 12 week challenge and you get strict diet and exercise plans.

Its best to find something that works for you. I can post the nutrition plans and exercise plans if you want.

#10 Sep 16, 2014
    Sunet likes this.
  11. NewBeginnings

NewBeginnings Member
    Standard Member

How is the Maxs Challenge coming along?

#11 Sep 23, 2014
  12. Sunet

Sunet New Member
    Standard Member

Hi all im starting today any words of wisdom?

#12 Oct 2, 2014
  13. IrinaKasper

IrinaKasper New Member
    Standard Member

I'm vegan for over a year! This is a very cool to feel healthy! I took the hard way, I learned a lot of useful information and can give advice, if you are interested in)) For beginners I suggest to start with simple and understandable articles about how to be a vegan, what are the risks and what to take Witomino))

#13 Feb 17, 2017
  14. Booker Villalobos

Booker Villalobos New Member
    Standard Member

Eating health food like green vegetables and juice.

#14 Oct 13, 2017