Duromine + Sleep Pills: Insulted!

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by Sk1nnyoneday, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Sk1nnyoneday

Sk1nnyoneday Active Member
    Standard Member

4 days of insomnia, on the verge going mad, and I’ve just come back from the Pharmacy in search of a sleep aid.

Me: Can I get a sleeping pill that won’t interact with Phentermine?
    Pharmacist: what’s Phentermine?
    Me: an appetite suppressant
    Pharmacist: not sure *checks computer*
    Me: ....
    Pharmacist: says here it’s a common side effect I’m afraid.
    Me: yes...
    Pharmacist: ...so stop taking it and you won’t have insomnia
    Me: mmm
    Pharmacist: you can take it but the minute you stop it’ll come back immediately.
    Me: the insomnia?
    Pharmacist: no the weight loss
    Me: ???
    Pharmacist: you could ride out the insomnia but my advice is stop taking the pills and do it the healthy way, diet and exercise losing 1-2lbs a week
    Me: err...
    Pharmacist: there’s no significant evidence that you can’t take sleep aid with it but there’s a risk of a bad reaction. It’ll be your choice.
    Me: yeah I’ll take the sleep aid, thanks

Just stop taking it? Really? Do it the healthy way? WTH?

Have you ever been on a diet? 1-2lbs loss isn’t that easy! Who said I haven’t tried the healthy way?

Instead of drugs versus lifestyle improvements how about drugs AND lifestyle improvements?

Anyone ever assume you weren’t trying just because you need a helping hand?

#1 Nov 3, 2017
  2. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member

So not fair.. I can totally relate to how you feel. This is why most people try to hide the fact of using Duromine from their acquaintances and relatives… People simply can’t understand that you don’t immediately hop on using a seriously potent drug that can bring a ton of side effects… Don’t mind the pharmacist, it’s not their call to tell you how you should act. You know the risks and realize how it works. Darn! This phrase “once you stop it’ll come back” – hate it. it works for any weight loss diet and exercising, as well. So… what to do, drop down and die? Whatever…

Good that you got yourself a sleeping aid. You do need a good night’s sleep to keep losing weight. What time do you take the pill?

#2 Nov 3, 2017
  3. Sk1nnyoneday

Sk1nnyoneday Active Member
    Standard Member

I took it at 9:30 last night over 12hrs after taking the duromine.

Yes, everyone “warns” that the weight will come back as if most of us don’t know that already. He thought I was a real moron wanting a quick fix to lose a few lbs. I hate having to explain myself. Advice is alright but I wish people would leave out the condescending assumptions.

#3 Nov 4, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2017
    April likes this.