Duromine Daily Log - 120kg Start

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by LemonSweets, Oct 27, 2015.

1. LemonSweets

LemonSweets Member
    Standard Member

Hi all. Started on 30mg today - second time using but last time only lasted about a week before I gave up because of the side effects (plus no support from my now ex).

This time around I've decided to try everything possible to make it work. Today got up at 5:30, took my pill, went for a 40 minute walk. 40g cereal for breakfast, lunch was brown rice, 90 chicken and vege on the side. Snacks where a peach and a meusli bar. Went to the gym, did a 60 minute spin class with my partner.

Now I get to my most difficult part of today!! I could not eat dinner. I was almost crying because it was so hard to even swallow the food. My partner was a bit shocked I think, because I love food, and am usually starving my dinner. In the end I probably got down 90g of chicken, and less than a handful of beans.

I'm worried that I'm not going to get in the calorie intake I need to stay out of starvation mode. According to my fitness pal, I've managed 1163 calories today.

My starting numbers are : 120.8kgs 169cm

If anyone has advice, or has had similar experiences please let me know :)

#1 Oct 27, 2015
  2. Unity

Unity Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi, I had much the same issue. I also felt I wasn't getting in the correct amount of calories.
    So I did what I felt was right for me.
    Starting weight was 117.4kg that was on the 5th October
    I am now at 106.3kg
    I might be wrong but this feels so right. I don't weigh every item and I am doing fine.
    I don't have anyone around me to help and support me. And everyone thinks I am crazy lol.
    But I keep on.
    I also find it hard to eat dinner so I normally have my main in the afternoon and a light meal at dinner.
    Best of luck to you on this journey..

#2 Oct 27, 2015
  3. LemonSweets

LemonSweets Member
    Standard Member

Thanks unity :) really appreciate you sharing you experience and OMG your weightloss to date!!! Huge congratulations! May I ask if you do any excercise, and if you roughly know your daily intake?

Also I could help but weigh in this morning because I'm one of those people that weigh every day - down 1.4kg - which I know is most likely water weight, but still very motivating, since even before duromine, on a 1200 calorie diet and excercise I only ever saw a difference of around 200g!!!

I'll be logging my daily experience on this post :) please feel free to share any tips or your own experiences!

Th

#3 Oct 28, 2015
    Unity likes this.
  4. Unity

Unity Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi LemonSweet...

I first had to finish laughing but sorry nope I really don't exercise. I have my MIL and FIL living with us.
    They live in different parts of the house, so from 5am I am on the go caring for them. When I do have a few minutes spare.
    I find myself pulling out the lawn mower and weed eater and going mad in the yard. I also have 3 large dogs to care for, and the most I do is take them across the road to a huge veld to play.
    The only thing that has changed in my life is no unhealthy snacking. I used to put down 2 slabs of chocolate and say I needed the energy.
    I must admit I now have loads more veggies and fruit. But still have to limit what I buy. Seems I forget when to stop eating. Changed from white bread to whole wheat bread. I have never been fond of coffee or tea. But now I force myself to have a cup of green tea before every meal.
    I am doing a log on all I eat for this month. My daughter said to me, which makes sense. 'Mom if you not trying to diet now and doing so good, imagine the change if you did 'diet', you would be thinner sooner.'
    So I am hoping that soon I will be able to put down a months meals on my blog...
    Very impressed with your weight loss thus far...

#4 Oct 28, 2015
    LemonSweets likes this.
  5. LemonSweets

LemonSweets Member
    Standard Member

Unity - that's fantastic you are seeing results from making some changes :) sounds like you do plenty of excercise throughout the day!! Ill be posting all my meals and experiences if you are looking for ideas. I'm seeing a dietician next Tuesday as well, so I'll make sure to share what they show me :)

Day 2 Log

5:45am - took my pill went for a 35 minute walk
    7am - Breakfast same as yesterday,
    9:30 -fruit cup for a snack,
    12pm - chicken and vege and brown rice for lunch, 2:30 -muesli bar for a snack,
    4pm- 100g chicken before going to the gym.

6pm- 20 minutes on the treadmill, 10 minutes on the weights. 15 minute walk home from the gym.

8pm - Dinner - ugh, struggling to eat it as I type this. 100g rump steak and vege. I've had 2 bites and am full, but will finish it cause I need the calories!! Calorie count for today is - 1268 calories

Have not felt hungry once, I'm struggling to finish any meal bigger than a handful - just no interest. The smell of food does nothing for me anymore!
    Told my mum I was on duromine - she's really happy for me. I usually don't like to tell her when I'm trying to lose weight because I've failed everytime. Hoping this time is different

#5 Oct 28, 2015
  6. LemonSweets

LemonSweets Member
    Standard Member

Day 3 Log

I slept like a baby last night! Fingers crossed its the same tonight! Weighed in again this morning - 2kg down in total :) very motivating!

Meals and excercise exactly the same as yesterday, except tonight at the gym did 20minytes on the bike and 10 minutes weights.

I am finding that I'm feeling a little flat in the afternoons, but it's worth pushing through to get to the gym! Found it easier to eat dinner which is great :)

Heading out to Chinese tomorrow night for a family birthday dinner - any suggestions on what I should eat?

#6 Oct 29, 2015
  7. LemonSweets

LemonSweets Member
    Standard Member

Mid day share - I just had a "this is actually working moment". Friday in the office and we usually get takeout for lunch - I decided on a salsas mucho protien bowl - 360 calories, so a good amount but still one of my favourite meals.

I can't even finish half of it :/ I thought eating a food I usually pig out on would be different to the healthy stuff I'm eating but no - my stomach will in no way Take in any more - I don't want it - it will be going in the bin. Didn't even touch the corn chips that Come as a side as well :/. Well done duromine - doing your job :laughing:

#7 Oct 30, 2015
  8. LemonSweets

LemonSweets Member
    Standard Member

Day 4 Log

5:30am - took my pill and went for a 40 minute walk, breakfast same as yesterday

Didn't get a snack in which was very naughty, and had about half a bowl of Salsas mucho protien bowl for lunch before I was full and tree the rest out
    2:30 - meusli bar for a snack

Dinner was Chinese out with the family. Thank god my mum knows I'm on these pills (the rest of my family doesn't) she helped stop anyone notice that I only had 2 bites of lemon chicken, a spoonful of steamed rice, a slice of bbq pork, and a mouthful of birthday cake. Was struggling to even get that much in, but I'm hoping that I've gotten at least 1300 calories today, seeing as the Chinese should have been pretty high.

Weigh in this morning - lost 800grams :) very happy seeing results day to day. Fingers crossed for the weekend

#8 Oct 30, 2015
  9. FindingMe

FindingMe Member
    Standard Member

Hi LemonSweet,
    I am around the same weight and starting weight as you. I lost nearly 50kg last year on my own, exercising and eating healthy but have lost motivation and have put on 30kg this year. Trying Duromine to help kick start me back into healthy eating and exercise. The dr has prescribed 40, I did ask for 30 but he said he found 40 gives the best results but has only given me one month as he said after a month he said it stops working as well. If this month goes well I am going to ask for another months worth though.
    I took the tablet at 5.30 so that it hopefully won't mess with my sleep. How did your sleeping go the first night? I was thinking I have felt nothing all morning but now I feel as though my body is humming a weird numb all over feeling, is this normal and my throat feels really numb? is that the dry mouth everyone mentions?
    Will follow your journey. Hope you don't mind me asking a few questions.

#9 Nov 4, 2015
  10. LemonSweets

LemonSweets Member
    Standard Member

Hi finding me :) thanks for your post (I haven't been posting because I wasn't sure any one was interested. My first nights sleep I think I was excited and a bit hyped up and I didn't sleep so much, but since then I have been sleeping like a baby (probably something to do with the exercise I'm doing as well). I lost 4kg in the first week, now on my second week. I've seen a dietician and am on a meal plan built specifically for me ( which includes bread and cheese to my surprise!!! Hahah)

The humming is certainly the duromine ( I tell my partner in having a "high" when it hits me) you'll find it peaks throughout different times of the day.

The dry mouth is annoying, but if you can sip water all day it will certainly lesson the irratation :).

Feel free to ask as many questions as you want - I'll probably ask some back haha. Good luck with your journey, I'll post now and then with results :)

#10 Nov 4, 2015
  11. FindingMe

FindingMe Member
    Standard Member

Wow, 4kgs in the first month is excellent. Glad sleeping has not been disruptive for you. I feel I will be the same, feel like I am building up the sleep thing which will probably mess with my sleeping and not the actual tablets :)
    Yeah the humming has come and gone today. Hoping this works for me. Hope you have a great week two, will keep an eye out for your next update.

#11 Nov 4, 2015
  12. FindingMe

FindingMe Member
    Standard Member

How are you going LemonSweets? Any update?

#12 Nov 7, 2015
    LemonSweets likes this.
  13. LemonSweets

LemonSweets Member
    Standard Member

Day 12

Quick update since it's the weekend and I have time :) (and I just finished a 6km walk so am feeling great) I have had a spot on week, saw a dietician on Tuesday and started on her recommended meals Wednesday. My weekdays now consist of:

5:30am - get up take pill, 30-40 minute walk
    7am - cereal for breakfast (special k 40g)
    10:30: apple and yoghurt
    12pm: whole grain turkey and salad sandwhich
    2:30pm: date and pistachio health bar (home made from recipe from the dietician)
    4:30: peaches in coconut water
    6:30 - gym - 20 minutes cardio 10-15 minutes weights or a half hour spin class
    7:30pm - dinner 100g protien, vege or salad and sweet potato (80g) or small piece of corn

As you can see I have to be super organised but the energy I have from eating properly is amazing. Weighed in this morning and I'm down 6kg in 12 days. And I'm proud that I've put the hard work in. I would highly recommend to anyone to see a dietician if you are unsure of what you are eating. The items above all come to around 1300 calories, but it's a lot of food! Big party to go to next weekend so I'll be working super hard this week to make up for 1 night off next Saturday! Hope everyone has a great weekend :)

#13 Nov 7, 2015
  14. LemonSweets

LemonSweets Member
    Standard Member

You must have heard me typing hahah was writing that when you posted

#14 Nov 7, 2015
    FindingMe likes this.
  15. LemonSweets

LemonSweets Member
    Standard Member

Oh! I also have to add - Friday was a workmates birthday and we had donuts, chocolate, chips cheese, crackers, pastries etc - didn't eat a thing :) big victory for me :)

#15 Nov 7, 2015
    FindingMe likes this.
  16. FindingMe

FindingMe Member
    Standard Member

Wow, you are doing an amazing job and are super motivated. Great job on all the exercise and your eating sounds spot on. My aim is to start exercising again TODAY! No more excuses for me! You are definitely motivating me to do better and try harder. 6kg down Whooo hooo, that is fantastic!

#16 Nov 7, 2015
  17. LemonSweets

LemonSweets Member
    Standard Member

I know you can do it findingme :) go smash that walk or workout and spend the weekend knowing you have given your body everything it needs :) you are doing great as well :) and if you ever want to ask me something just let me know :) I'm glad i was able to help motivate you!! makes me so happy!!

#17 Nov 7, 2015
  18. FindingMe

FindingMe Member
    Standard Member

Aww thanks LS (Hehehe giving you a shorter nickname) I did end up getting a workout in, felt good. So unfit, but it will get easier I am sure.

#18 Nov 8, 2015
  19. LemonSweets

LemonSweets Member
    Standard Member

Love the nick name :) I know what you mean - the first time I walked 30 minutes after a year of not being active I couldn't believe how unfit I was. But you've don't all this before :) you'll kill it!

#19 Nov 8, 2015
  20. Rie

Rie New Member
    Standard Member

Hi, I start taking 30mg tomorrow, as I'm up at 5am for work thought I'd get it straight in and hope that I function at work lol, luckily I only work till 11 am. Have just read through all of above and feel very inspired and motivated, I'll weigh in the morning but I think I'm around the 109kg and feel like crap, so uncomfortable. The weight seems so hard to lose naturally once I passed the 40 mark (44yo). Well done on all the weight loss above

#20 Nov 10, 2015