Duromine And Alcohol

Discussion in 'Duromine Questions and Answers' started by Annie1712, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Annie1712

Annie1712 New Member
    Premium Member

hi all, I have a friend who is on Duromine and she has said that it has taken her desire for alcohol away completely. Has anyone experienced this before?

#1 Feb 4, 2019
  2. NotLee

NotLee New Member
    Standard Member

I can only speak from personal experience but I didn't lose any desire to drink alcohol.

#2 Feb 4, 2019
  3. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member

In fact, Duromine sometimes increases bad habits, like e.g. smoking, and many users report that they can't seem to stay away from alcohol. This is one of the reasons why this medication is contraindicated in people with current or previous alcohol dependency. At that, some report of having their cravings for alcohol cut completely. Who knows how it works for you...

#3 Feb 4, 2019
  4. Kazzam

Kazzam Member
    Standard Member

Hi April. I’m going to an event this Friday. Is it ok to have a glass of wine whilst taking Duromine 30mg. I am a light social drinker normally but haven’t had any alcohol since starting the tablets.

#4 Feb 27, 2019
  5. Foxielle

Foxielle New Member
    Standard Member

It is ok to have a glass of wine. I have a glass of wine (or 2) most Fri/sat, and it’s no different than not on duromine. Just be mindful that you have eaten recently enough for the glass of wine haha. When I first started I was eating a lot less and noticed the wine went straight to my head. I think if you are a social drinker/only on weekend or events you should have no problem, it’s mainly people who drink everyday/several drinks per day that (mild to severe alcohol dependence) that might have a problem.

#5 Jun 13, 2019
    April likes this.
  6. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member

I agree with you @Foxielle that heavy drinkers should not use Duromine at all.
    However, some people report of severe hangover from Duromine+alcohol combination, so my usual recommendation is to avoid it. I am glad that you have no problem with it though. Are you on Duromine now?

#6 Jun 13, 2019
  7. Foxielle

Foxielle New Member
    Standard Member

@April yes I am, on third month at the moment and was on it a few years ago also. I don’t think I have ever drank enough on Duromine to warrant a hangover haha, I think a hangover on Duromine would be pretty terrible with the increased heart rate and ease of becoming dehydrated! 2 glasses of wine is about my maximum and fine the next day. I am pretty mindful of making sure I have eaten and had plenty of water though!

#7 Jun 14, 2019
    April likes this.