Duromine 40mg Daily Progress - Sw: 87.4

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by wannabskinny98, Jul 18, 2017.

1. wannabskinny98

wannabskinny98 New Member
    Standard Member

Thought I would share my progress with Duromine 40mg.

Day One:
    Current Weight:
    Height: 152
    BMI: 37.7

GW:
    50 kg (Eventually)
    Other medications: Antidepressants and antipsychotics.

Food:
    Breakfast: N/A
    Lunch: 1 soy chai latte - 100 calories
    Dinner: 0.3 cup of broccoli steamed, 0.2 cups of carrot steamed and 1/4 a 'normal' portion of grilled fish - 67 calories
    Snack: N/A
    Total: 167 calories
    Exercise: Quick 20 minute walk with my dog - Approx 95 calories burned.

Side Effects: Feeling a lot more awake, struggled to sleep despite my antidepressants make me sleepy at night time and a dry mouth.

Log: Feeling determined. I'm disappointed that I didn't fit enough exercise in though. Will need to invest in a fitbit to motivate me more! Have meal prepped my meals for the next 10 days, hopefully that'll prevent any binge eating or cravings!

#1 Jul 18, 2017
  2. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member

Hello Wananbskinny98! Welcome to the forum and thank you very much for sharing your progress. Did your doctor say it is ok that you take all these medications with Duromine? No interactions?

And now… that is to little food you are eating. I understand that your appetite is suppressed, yet it doesn’t mean you have to consume calories of a snack as your daily caloric value. Even if you start losing weight fast now (and you will, since the first couple of days you will be losing water weight), your weight loss might stop and you will literally murder your metabolism with such scarce nutrition. Really, it is too little.

Do not skip breakfast or snacks. You need to increase your metabolic rate instead of slowing it down even more.

It is dangerous to “exercise more”, when you eat so little. You need to fuel your body, if you want to lose fat, and not the muscles. Hope your prepped meals have a higher nutritive value.

Take care and please keep posting. Keeping my fingers crossed for your success and wise approach!

#2 Jul 18, 2017
    Rana likes this.
  3. wannabskinny98

Standard Member

Day Two:
    Starting Weight: 87.4
    Current Weight: 83.5
    Height:
    Lost: 3.9

GW: 50 kg (Eventually)

Food:

Breakfast: A small bowl of yogurt, with fresh berries - 82 calories.

Lunch: A small bowl of homemade vegetable soup - 58 calories

Dinner: A smalll bowl of zoodles and chickpeas with lentils in pasta sauce - 103 calories

Snack: n/a

Total: 242 (still not enough, but better than yesterday)

Exercise: N/A worked all day.

Side Effects: Was feeling tired all day today, i think from my other medication and a headache in the afternoon which i stopped by drinking more water

Log: Can't believe the scales say i've lost 3.9 kg - i'm convinced it's mostly water weight. I am struggling to keep my food intake up, but i've been forcing myself to eat at least 3 meals a day. I already ate very little, however would binge at night time. My doctor said it's okay to take duromine while on my other medication and will be seeing him weekly for a check in.
    So far, i've noticed i'm not drinking enough water and get the worst headache ever so i need to increase my water intake. Fingers crossed this works for me.

#3 Jul 19, 2017
    Rana likes this.
  4. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member

Hello, hello. Oh yes, definitely very little calories. Weight might fall of fast at first, but this fasting is not so good, and you know it.. if I may give a couple of suggestions….

Let these two days be the fasting days of the 5:2 system. Ok, what’s done is done.

I will just go through your Day 2 menu and help you see how you can get to higher caloric value

Breakfast:

Instead of a small bowl of yogurt with berries, have a bowl of hot oatmeal (1 cup of cooked=150 cal) with a cup of berries or peaches, or some nuts (not too much) and cinnamon/vanilla, or plain and then have half a banana. That will immediately give you about 300-350 calories. Not necessarily to cook it only on water. I do it half water+half milk, i.e. ½ cup of dry oatmeal + ½ cup of water + ½ cup of milk + (after cooked and served) about 1 cup of berries.

SNACK:

a fruit or some nuts (if you have those for breakfast, better choose fruit) – 100-150 cal

Lunch:

Homemade vegetable soup.. mmmm.. love these… add some boiled chicken breast or lean beef and a tbsp. of yogurt, or chop an egg with some greens and sprinkle with black pepper/paprika. This will add up about 100-200 calories, depending on what you choose and will have that good protein content to fill you up and give your body some fuel. You can even have croutons from wholemeal bread, cooked from 1 slice of bread (about 70 calories) on a dry pan.

SNACK:

That tube of yogurt with/without berries that you had for breakfast – 82 calories

Or cottage cheese (100g = about 100-110 cal) + berries/greens+cucumber+natural yogurt – 150-180 calories

Dinner:

mmmm… what a yummy dinner you had. Love the zoodles, and chickpeas, and lentils. A bunch of health benefits! Again, a bit of boiled chicken breast cut in cubes and having absorbed that pasta sauce… a plus of good protein. – so about 200 calories in total for dinner. Not so much…

This comes down to (approximately, depending on your choices) 1025 calories

Still not enough, but definitely better than 242. =)

You might be feeling tired and having the headache, because of your scarce nutrition, and, of course, water intake yes, it is important. If you can, just use an app or schedule several reminders on your phone during the day, and drink. Many people do that to not forget about the water.

Either way, CONGRATULATIONS!!! On your first weight loss! =)) water weight or not… who cares – it’s great and a great motivation to continue.

PS. Choose a short high HIIT or Tabata workout. No more than 10 minutes a day. Hope, you will find them for the sake of our health and beautiful shape.

PPS. Sorry for too many letters =)

#4 Jul 19, 2017
    Rana likes this.
  5. wannabskinny98

Standard Member

Day Three:
    Starting Weight: 87.4
    Current Weight: 84.4
    Height: 152
    Lost: 3 kg. 0.9 + from yesterday.

GW: 50 kg (Eventually)

Food:

Breakfast: N/A

Lunch: Half a grilled chicken ceaser wrap and a small soy chai - 260 calories

Dinner: A small bowl of pumpkin soup and a toasted cheese sandwich - 430 calories

Snack: Tofu miso soup and 1 cookie after dinner - 135 calories

Total: 826 calories.

Exercise: 40 squats.

Side Effects: Nil

Log:Ate a lot more today, and probably a bit more naughty so it doesn't surprise me that the weight went up a little bit. Feeling a lot more awake today, and feeling good. I've just been so busy, i haven't had time to exercise. A little bit disappointed the weight has gone up a little bit, but it's to be expected.

#5 Jul 20, 2017
  6. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member

HI there! Naughty, naughty, yessss. You can up your daily caloric value with good foods. Try to move in this direction. However, it is already good that today you ate more than a dwarf’s canary eats. =))

40 squats. Ok… sounds good! Make sure you are doing them correctly, so that you don’t harm any part of your body. Besides, there are various squats exercises that can help you add up to the benefit of simple squats.

This weight gain doesn’t mean that you should again go down to the amount of calories you were eating during the first two days. Simply make healthy choices. I am sure you will be able to cope with it. and, if any negative result breaks your decisiveness and motivation, you should avoid daily weigh ins. Weight fluctuates greatly during the day and depends on various factors.

Take care, chin up and don’t forget to drink your water! Let the exercises happen! =))))

#6 Jul 20, 2017
  7. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member

Hello there! How is it going? Did you manage to balance your nutrition? Seeing any results? A lovely weekend to you!

#7 Jul 29, 2017
  8. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member

Almost a month later, again, I wish you a great weekend and hope you will find some time to post about your progress. Cheers!

#8 Aug 25, 2017
  9. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member

Hi Wananbskinny98. I wonder how you are. Hopefully, all is well.

#9 Sep 8, 2017
  10. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member

Hello there! Any news?

#10 Sep 15, 2017