Average Duration On Duromine

Discussion in 'Duromine Questions and Answers' started by Sunita, Jun 17, 2019.

1. Sunita

Sunita Member
    Standard Member

I’ve just finished my first month on 15mg tablets and have lost 4.1kg , another 8kg to go to hit target weight and several cm off hips, weight and breasts.

I’m wondering whether it’s safe to start another months course (doctor is happy to prescribe) as I don’t want to become too dependent on this tablet.

Typically how Long has everyone been on this tablets, any issues weaning off it later ?

#1 Jun 17, 2019
  2. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member

Well, the actual manufacturer's recommendation is 3 months per course, no longer. They have already proven that this medication is not addictive. But you need to focus on making current changes in your lifestyle permanent, so that you don't gain all the weight back.

#2 Jun 18, 2019
  3. Demi_D

Demi_D Member
    Standard Member

What a great result! Congrats!! I am taking a step back unfortunately, but I'll be sure to catch up. :cool:
    Could you please share what you have for breakfast usually. I just can't decide on my breakfasts

#3 Jun 18, 2019
  4. Rome

Rome New Member
    Standard Member

Hi there. I am on my third day of Duromine 15 mg and I haven't slept well at all the past two nights. Moreover I am experiencing heart race in the evening, despite I take the tablet at 8 in the morning. Will these side effects disappear while going on with the treatment?
    Thanks

#4 Jun 20, 2019
  5. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member

Why don't you try taking it every other day for the first week? OR you can try taking it somewhere at 5 in in the morning and then get back to sleep

#5 Jun 20, 2019
  6. Rome

Rome New Member
    Standard Member

Thanks for replying. I will definitely take it every other day, but I would like to know if these two side effects (poor sleeping and heart race) will go better after a while.

#6 Jun 21, 2019
  7. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member

They certainly should go away. In fact, these are quite common for the early stage of treatment and usually disappear on day 4-5, but may sometimes last for a week.

#7 Jun 21, 2019
    Rome likes this.
  8. Demi_D

Demi_D Member
    Standard Member

Didn't have the heart rate, but poor sleep - my story. I even stopped the pills during weekend just to have some good sleep. All in all, i belive i had insomnia for 7 days. Hold on there mate

#8 Jun 21, 2019
    Rome likes this.
  9. Rome

Rome New Member
    Standard Member

That's great to hear! Thank you so much for your support!!!

#9 Jun 21, 2019
    April likes this.
  10. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member

@Rome do you feel any appetite suppression so far?

#10 Jun 21, 2019
  11. Rome

Rome New Member
    Standard Member

I am on 15 mg tablet and just took it for 3 days because today I took a break.
    I feel more energetic and concentrated in my job and studyies and I can stick easier on the diet, although I still feel hungry, especially in the evening. I can hold more during the day. Unfortunately nowadays I cannot do gym because I am very busy in studying for an exam. But I hope the tablet will still work a bit and I am hopeful it will give me the boost to study.

#11 Jun 21, 2019
  12. Rome

Rome New Member
    Standard Member

I have this heart race especially in the evening and when I go to sleep. And then I keep on turning side to side all night long. Did the sleep get back to normal after 7 days? Thanks

#12 Jun 21, 2019
  13. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member

I see you're very busy now... may be consider watching this workout. Just 4 minutes. BUT, since you have increased heart rate, monitor closely how you feel.

#13 Jun 21, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2019
  14. Rome

Rome New Member
    Standard Member

Sure, thanks a lot!

#14 Jun 21, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2019
  15. Demi_D

Demi_D Member
    Standard Member

@Rome, how did you go? Feeling better?

#15 Jun 21, 2019
  16. Rome

Rome New Member
    Standard Member

I finally had a good sleep last night because I didn't take the dose yesterday. Let's see how it is going by taking it every other day. Thanks

#16 Jun 21, 2019
    April likes this.
  17. Demi_D

Demi_D Member
    Standard Member

Fingers crossed it goes great!

#17 Jun 21, 2019
    April likes this.
  18. Sunita

Sunita Member
    Standard Member

Hi there. I had exactly same symptoms and was on 15mg tabs aswell. My insomnia and racing heart disappeared after about a week in. Since then no side effects whatsoever, appetite generally suppressed although still eating 3 small meals per day. Also following a <70gms Low carb diet which has also done wonders for my bad cholesterol which was at 3.94 last month and is now down to 3.2 .

I lost 4.1 kg in first moment and over 9 cm off waist and hips and about 6cm off breast. Well happy.

#18 Jun 24, 2019
    Demi_D and April like this.
  19. Sunita

Sunita Member
    Standard Member

Hi - I tend to have the same thing Everyday, 40gms of Kellogg’s almond granola with a splash of milk. 26gms of carbs which is a fair bit when on Low carb diet aswell. I’ve not touched pasta, bread , potatoes or rice for a month now !!! I then do 1 hour at the gym (in the home luckily) in treadmile, cross trainer and weights.

How you getting along ?

#19 Jun 24, 2019
    Demi_D likes this.
  20. Demi_D

Demi_D Member
    Standard Member

Thanks for sharing! I am happy to lose another kilogram. However, it goes a bit slower than i planned. Decided to make mondays my weigh in days to keep focused on my behavior during weekds :pensive:
    Definitely have to stop the bad habit of rewarding myself with tasty things. This is NOT a serious approach.

#20 Jun 25, 2019