Alcohol Big No-No!

Discussion in 'Duromine Questions and Answers' started by Anreheth, Apr 17, 2016.

1. Anreheth

Anreheth New Member
    Standard Member

Hi everyone. I've been on Duromine for a couple of weeks, my Dr prescribed it. It's going great! However, he failed to mention that I should not consume alcohol while taking it. Last night I had a couple of glasses of wine with friends and was fine. However this morning when I woke up I felt very weird, in fact I feel terrible. Heart palpitations, dizzyness, nausea etc. I then search online and realised it's very dangerous to combine Phentermine with alcohol. I wish I had know this before hand. I've decided not to take my duro today and just take it easy and drink lots of water.

#1 Apr 17, 2016
    Tims likes this.
  2. Tims

Tims Member
    Standard Member

Hi there, thanks for posting this. I was wondering the same thing myself having read that a few times now but my dr didn't mention it, even after I mentioned that I drink wine. hope you're ok.

#2 Apr 17, 2016
  3. hollywood

hollywood New Member
    Standard Member

I have never heard that. I took phentermine for about a year several years ago, and drank quite a bit a the time. Never had issues that I know of.

Maybe I was just lucky...

#3 May 2, 2016
  4. StarryG

StarryG Member
    Standard Member

I have been drinking alcohol whilst on Duromine as well, and haven't had any side effects that I know of yet.

#4 Mar 27, 2017
  5. Kira

Kira Member
    Standard Member

I've only just started this week, and did go out to have some drinks on the weekend. Weirdly enough, it gave me a sensation similar to MDMA. Has anyone experienced this?

#5 Mar 27, 2017
  6. 13gunhey498

13gunhey498 New Member
    Standard Member

I myself might start using it, thank you very much for sharing your story, very helpful, feel better :)

#6 Apr 4, 2017
  7. Anna85

Anna85 New Member
    Standard Member

did you still loose weight even with drinking?

#7 Oct 20, 2019