2nd Time Around

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by katie tully, Sep 24, 2019.

1. katie tully

katie tully Well-Known Member
    Premium Member

Starting Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Hi Everyone,
    My name is Katie and I am about to start my 2nd round on Duromine in 6 years. I started my first big weight loss journey back in 2014. I reached 101KGS and over the course of 14 months i managed to get down to 78Kgs. Back then my lifestyle was completely different to now, I work outside everyday, played sport and ran on the treadmill approx 4-5 times per week. I was able to maintain the weight but unfortunately due to depression and loosing my mum to cancer I put all the weight back on. Since then I have had my first baby, a great relationship, a good job and living the farming lifestyle. We have spoken about wedding plans and a second baby but I have put my foot down and I refuse to get married or have another child being this heavy again. Since February this year I have been working on controlling my eating, getting in exercise when I can and working on my mental well being. I have lost a little bit of weight by myself but just seem to maintaining my weight instead of loosing it. For me, Duromine isn’t a long term solution it’s simply a kick starter. Looking forward to posting photos and updates along my 24kg weight loss.

#1 Sep 24, 2019
    Pepelina, KatieJohn and CharlotteBaby like this.
  2. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member

WOOOOW!!! What a story. You're a tough lady, you know? I wish you all the luck and I will be your biggest fan! Looking forward to your news, updates, photos, feelings - everything! May Duromine help you reach the weight, in which all your life plans fit perfectly and their results make you the happiest woman on Earth!
    Do you have a certain eating plan?

#2 Sep 24, 2019
    KatieJohn likes this.
  3. CharlotteBaby

CharlotteBaby New Member
    Premium Member Standard Member

Good luck Katie:kissing_heart:

#3 Sep 25, 2019
    Pepelina and KatieJohn like this.
  4. Demi_D

Demi_D Member
    Standard Member

Katie, hi! Did you start already?

#4 Sep 26, 2019
  5. katie tully

Premium Member

Hi Demi
    Yes started yesterday was as per normal yesterday. Did have a bit of a disrupted sleep last night but that’s to be expected. This morning I have awoken to a bit of a faster heartbeat (which is great, because my fitness will all be in early mornings so I can burn off some energy). I’m just about to eat some breaky and start the day

#5 Sep 26, 2019
    KatieJohn likes this.
  6. katie tully

Premium Member

Hi April, I don’t have a certain eating plan, for me it’s just about eating healthy and smaller portions for dinner. I have worked on my eating since February this year to control the amount of food intake that I eat because that is half the issue. I strongly encourage my daughter, Gracie to eat healthy so we don’t have much bad foods in the house.

#6 Sep 26, 2019
    KatieJohn and April like this.
  7. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member

I did the same thing when i was losing weight. I realized that bad foods have to go and the entire family should lead a more active lifestyle. After all, we want all our loved people to stay as healthy, as possible, and have good habits. You're great! I am sure you will make your precious Gracie very proud of her mother! :cool:

#7 Sep 26, 2019
    Dre likes this.
  8. KatieJohn

KatieJohn New Member
    Standard Member

How do you manage to exercise? You must be quite busy... I just can't incorporate exercising into my routine...

#8 Sep 26, 2019
  9. katie tully

Premium Member

Hi Katie John
    I have a treadmill at home so I do all my exercise at home and when it’s warms up a bit more I’ll be swimming during my lunch break also. I get up at 5 most days so most of the time I still have an hour before the little one wakes up. Exercising does not mean you have to go to the gym and work out you can do everything from home.

#9 Sep 27, 2019
    April likes this.
  10. Ashleigh7441

Ashleigh7441 Well-Known Member
    Premium Member

Well done! I was thinking about getting a treadmill for myself too. not sure though if it doesn't become just an "art installation" o_O
    i did start to walk more, but on days when it's rainy or i don't feel like seeing people, having a treadmill at home might help, i think. Do you watch TV when you exercise? or is it music?
    I saw some people like to have sort of a virtual walk in the park while walking lol. did you try something like this?

#10 Sep 27, 2019
    Dre likes this.
  11. Dre

Dre Well-Known Member
    The Slayers Team

great advice happening on this thread!

the 'exercise' issue is always a hard one isn't it?
    finding the time especially when we are busy with life..

sometimes i think it would be easier to decipher 'The Da Vinci Code'

Hugs
    Dre

#11 Sep 28, 2019
    KatieJohn likes this.
  12. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member

Hi Katie. how are you?

#12 Oct 1, 2019