24 Y/o Previously Lost 30+ Kg

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by shaefromaustralia, Mar 17, 2016.

1. shaefromaustralia

shaefromaustralia New Member
    Standard Member

hi! I'm 24 years old, 174 cm tall, and from July 2012 to May 2013 I lost 36 kg, going from 103 to 67kg. I did this by following a vegan diet, doing a lot of exercise and extreme calorie restriction :(

unfortunately at that point I was having a lot of body dysmorphia issues and still saw an overweight person in the mirror. this made me really disheartened, and I have been gradually gaining weight since then, until I stepped on the scales and saw 100 kg.

I'm hoping that my prescription of duromine, along with the guidance of a counsellor, helps me lose weight and become healthy again without it consuming almost every waking thought like it did a few years ago.

I've started on my first pill today, and I know it's premature, but so far, so good. I haven't felt hungry, which is miraculous to me, and was able to walk around a shopping centre for 8 hours without any complaints other than sore feet.

Wish me luck in my journey! I'll definitely be documenting it here, either in this thread or in the experience forum, and keeping you up to date. I might update my measurements kind of frequently but will be aiming not to weigh myself more often than every 5-7 days, as that was previously too much of a habit of mine.

I'm so glad this forum exists! thank you for a place to share my experiences :)

#1 Mar 17, 2016
    Luci and IWantToBeHappy like this.
  2. marrissaevans

marrissaevans New Member
    Standard Member

Hey Shae! Im in the same boat as you, went from 100kgs and loosing weight till I hit 48kgs in less than half a year, and ballooned right back up to 118kg because of self loathing body issues

Ive got a dietitian and a counselor this time, so hopefully I'll be able to do it right. I also just started duromine too :)

#2 Mar 18, 2016
    shaefromaustralia likes this.
  3. shaefromaustralia

shaefromaustralia New Member
    Standard Member

aw yay! power to us haha. I hope you do well and I did end up weighing myself this morning, haha, the temptation was too great after all the people talking about how much they lose on the first day

I was 100.1 yesterday and 97.3 this morning, probably just water weight at this point because I didn't eat anything salty

#3 Mar 18, 2016
  4. marrissaevans

marrissaevans New Member
    Standard Member

Lol. I weighed myself too. Im on the 30mg one, so hopefully it works like everyone elses cause I think most people are on the 40g one

#4 Mar 18, 2016
    shaefromaustralia likes this.