17kgs Weight Loss After 3 Months On Duromine

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by halez_88, Jul 24, 2017.

1. halez_88

halez_88 Member
    Standard Member

Stats:
    Height: 174
    Starting Weight: 84kgs
    BMI: Overweight at 27.7
    Size: 14

1st Goal Weight (on Duromine): 70kg (1-1.5kg per week for the duration)
    Ultimate Goal weight: 65kg / BMI 21.5

Start Date: 19th April
    End Date: 17th July
    Program: 15mgs (2 month), 30mgs (1 month)
    Current Weight: 67kgs
    Size: 10-12

Exercise:
    Didn’t exercise, I tried a couple of times but it made me really hungry and my heart race significantly so I decided to just focus on food intake and monitoring my calories on CalorieKing. Plan on returning to running and weight training after weight loss.

Why am I Fat?
    Emotional eater – Yep I am one of those!
    I decided if I am going to resort to chemical ways to lose weight I don’t want to regain once I finish the course. Therefore I decided to look at the reasons why I yo-yo and have done for many years now. I am sick of this behaviour and I wanted this to be the last time I needed to “get healthy”. I want to maintain my weight the best I can by looking at the behaviour that encourage my weight gain and resolve or at least be consciously aware so I don't find myself in this predicament again. I have watch friends lose weight and keep it off and question why don’t I?

After soul searching; although not having to look too far I concluded I emotionally eat. I eat when I’m happy, sad, bored, depressed or rewarding myself... I’m only losing weight/maintaining when I’m very conscious of what I’m consuming and probably on another diet or strict routine.
    I tend to be an all or nothing sort of person so I feel I need to stop being so extreme with diet and exercise and listen more to my body and stop pushing myself with fad diets and extreme workout routines. Taking a more slow and steady approach and if Duromine can get me to lose 1-1.5kgs a week then I was happy to try it.

How I got started:
    My Weight loss journey started in January 2017 I changed jobs, towns and lifestyle.
    I turned over a new leaf and I decided with this opportunity this would be my starting point to get my weight and health under control. I am turning 29 this year and I have decided to make sure I am in the best shape of my life heading into my 30's. I have had enough of the yo-yo dieting rubbish and not being able to find medium ground. I have gained and lost 20kgs several times over the years and I am over it!

Initially I lost a few kgs on my own before Duromine, that was until Easter weekend. Inhaling all my chocolate along with heaps of food and not forgetting the red wine I felt I had set myself back after all the work I had put in. Very frustrated a friend mentioned Duromine a few weeks back and I never gave it much thought at the time. I remembered the conversation and decided if I could lose the first 14 kilos the next few I will be happy to tackle myself.
    I asked the Doctor for Duromine and he wasn’t happy prescribing the drug explaining most people gain back any weight loss and often gaining more back afterwards. He checked my BMI and agreed I needed to lose 14kgs to be a health weight. He prescribed the first month and I was to return each month for the next prescription in order to complete a 3 month program. I was happy with this and decided if I could lose the first 14kgs I can continue with a healthy lifestyle and lose the last 5kgs myself.

I had genetic testing done earlier on in the year with a qualified Nutritionist. Results showed I should be on a Mediterranean diet based on my genetic makeup. I already don’t eat grains, gluten or dairy so this worked for me so this is what I followed most of my journey.

I started Duromine on the 19 of April straight after seeing the doctor. I forgot about the side effects and took a pill at 11:00 am and ended up having a rough night sleep. Lesson learnt!!
    For the next few months I made sure to take the pills between 4-6am every morning. I did had a few issues sleeping however after seeing the pharmacist I took a potion of a sleeping pill to help with sleep which drastically helped. I did notice my thirst increase however maybe not as much as people claim on here. I also changed my schedule to suit working nightshift however didn’t find this a problem.

1st Month Results:
    After the first month I was down 7kgs (84kgs to 77kgs)
    I was very happy and I could feel the results in my clothes. I didn’t think it would work so well so I was surprised by the results. All side effects were gone by this stage however I did notice I stopped drinking as much coffee in the first few weeks as I was already quite alert and couldn’t deal with too much caffeine. I went back to the doctor to get the second script he was very happy with the results. Initially when I visited him the plan was to take 15mg for the first month followed by 2 months on 30mgs. I was concerned about the side effects taking the 30mgs so I opted for 15mgs again for the second month, progressing to 30mgs next month.

2nd Month Results:
    Down another 5kgs (77kgs - 72kgs)
    At the end of the 2nd month people started to notice much weight I was losing and my clothes were starting to get really big on me. Dropped a jeans size and fitting into old clothes again.
    Doctor gave the 30mg script for my 3rd month and was again happy and quite surprised with my results.

3rd Month Results:
    Down another 5kgs (72kgs-67kgs)
    Total of 17kgs lost. The 3 months have flown by and I am back in my old skinny clothes again. Found a new wardrobe in my old wardrobe it was like Christmas!
    I realised several times I wasn’t eating enough calories and had to track my calorie intake more closely. I found the 30mg pills had more side effects with sleep being affected the most. If I had my time over again I would stick to 15mgs for the entire duration of the course. I don’t think I needed the 30mg and I think I would have got the same results on the 15mg. I also found 15mg supressed my appetite better than the 30mg and was more hungry in month 3 than the first 2 months.

Overview:
    I am very happy I gave Duromine a chance; I was really put off the idea initially from people who said how bad it was for you. I didn’t tell anyone I was on it and I think this made it easier because there were no expectations and I didnt feel like I had to succeed. Duromine also doesn’t do all the work I ate very well and monitored my calories as I realised I was eating too little and when I keep to the right calorie intake the weight fell off me.
    Over the last 3 months I have done a lot of work mentally because I think this is where my problems lie. My body knows what to do it’s my head taking control and sabotaging it!
    I feel there is no point throwing back pills if your head isn’t in the game. Acknowledging why I am eating has definitely helped me in the journey and made me consciously aware of what I am feeling and why I am turning to food to fill the void. These moments are hard to overcome and to be honest I haven’t done the best at times. I have had this behaviour for a very long time and developing new habits will take time.

In the beginning I had the perception Duromine was the easier way to lose weight, cheating in a way and to be honest sometimes it felt like this finding the program quite easy and enjoyable. Never-the-less maintaining health/weight and making the right choices is a lifestyle and keeping consistent is a constant battle. I hope not to need Duromine again in the future but I won’t have any issues asking my doctor if this isn’t the case. I enjoyed the journey and really happy I completed the course and looking forward to my next goal.

I don’t believe chemical means are the best way to sort out problems but if you can combine it with a conscious awareness I definitely think it can be used as a tool and not an overall cure for weight loss. Good luck with Duromine if you decide its right for you. Sometimes life gets in the way however I found if you just focus on little goals like seeing the next kg on the scales you know you’re heading in the right direction.

My Goal was to lose 14kgs however I lost a total of 17kgs! I couldn't be happier with the results.
    I have been off Duromine for a week now and have lost additional weight with hopes to be at my Ultimate Goal Weight in 2 weeks. I have also started yoga again and incorporated walking and running back into my lifestyle. These tasks are now more enjoyable with a lighter frame and yoga positions I was struggling with 3 months ago are not even a problem anymore!

Good luck with your weight loss goals I hope you all get the results you desire!

#1 Jul 24, 2017
  2. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member

What a wonderful fantastic and inspiring Duromine success story! WOW! You did so great! You managed to find the best approach that should suit you along your way to further weight loss. You are so BRAVO and deserve unstoppable applause for realizing the main problem and fighting it, and defeating your food addiction! I meet many people here and there, who ask if Duromine can help with emotional eating. I see that it can’t… it is the person who uses it – he is the one who can fight it.

You write such wise things and I am so happy for your achievements! I hope, you will never have to use Duromine again and will manage to be proud of yourself for the rest of your life. To achieve, improve and maintain! With the mindset that your message shows, I am sure you will be there. Wish I could shake your hand and tell you how great you are! Good luck on your further journey! Feel free to drop in when you have the mood to do so =)) you can inspire so many people!!!

#2 Jul 24, 2017
    halez_88 likes this.
  3. Anka

Anka Member
    Standard Member

Well done! Such amazing results!
    Thank you for sharing your story and giving me the motivation and inspiration to keep going. Congratulations!

#3 Jul 26, 2017
    halez_88 and April like this.
  4. Meesh

Meesh New Member
    Standard Member

Congratulations! Very inspiring story and journey. Thank you for sharing it with us all.

#4 Jul 26, 2017
    halez_88 and April like this.
  5. Muldery25

Muldery25 New Member
    Standard Member

Loved reading that. I am going to give Duromine 15mg a try on Monday
    I'm 172 in height
    90kg in weight - looking at loosing 20kg
    Hoping for similar results to yours.
    How did you work out your calorie intake - have no clue how to do that :)
    How do you know how many your body requires as well?

#5 Aug 3, 2017
  6. halez_88

halez_88 Member
    Standard Member

Hi Muldery25

I used Calorieking to track my calories. I basically tried to keep my calories around 1200. I struggled to do this most days and only managed 1100. The Days I fell way short of my target I didn't lose weight. I got frustrated several times because I knew I wasn't eating a lot of food and the scales weren't moving for a week at a time thats when I realised how low my calories actually were. On a standard diet I know (after years of dieting!!!!) I am someone that gains and loses very quickly depending on calorie intake. On a standard diet 1500-1800cal is maintenance, any thing over this I gain and 1200-1300 I lose weight.
    I also tried to eat higher fat meals and every time I struggled to eat it (fried eggs in butter). I ate a lot of vegetables and salad and cut down on meat most days. I wanted fresh tasting food for some reason. I made a small gluten free pizza one night cut into 4 pieces and I forced the 2nd piece in. I found Duromine 15mg worked so well for curbing my appetite and most nights I didn't really want dinner and that was after eating lunch 6 hours prior.
    I think the best way is to listen to you body and ask yourself every time you put something in your mouth "why am I you doing this". If the hunger isn't there DONT EAT. Duromine wont help you with compulsive and emotional eating (my biggest dilemma). I also think stress is a big factor as well, I'm lucky enough not to have many life stresses so if you can minimalise your life the best way you can for the next 3 months (or length of program) this will drastically help as you wont be going towards food to fill the void.

Now I have finished Duromine a few weeks ago I have struggled with a standard diet. ALWAYS HUNGRY AND THINKING OF FOOD. I had a moment and decided this isn't going to be my life again!!!!
    After researching online I come across the Ketogenic diet. I have been eating this way for a week now and I love it. I can not eat for 5-6 hours between meals and I am not hungry. I still think about food BECAUSE ALL ADDICTS DO and get excited to cook but I eat because I need the fuel not to kill a craving. I realised I cant handle sugar as I just cant get enough of it when I eat it. With Keto those cravings have gone and I feel normal again with heaps of energy for running and I get less sleep and feel a lot better. I also tried to stay low carb before Duromine because otherwise I need 2 naps each day so the change over to Keto has been smooth.

Look for vegetable recipes as these are low in calories and gives your body nutrients then add simple protein (eggs, grilled meat/fish). Keep it simple. By doing this I had so much time for other activities!!!
    And if you do need something sweet, frozen blueberries/strawberries with sugar free flavoured maple syrup on then is awesome!!!

#6 Aug 5, 2017
    April likes this.
  7. Muldery25

Muldery25 New Member
    Standard Member

Loved that too - thank you
    I have been on the Duromin 15mg now for 12 days
    I have found that I also don't feel like fatty foods or dinner
    I do have to ensure I eat three times a day though as I am diabetic - so I have small portions
    eating veg and fruits as I have always loved them. I have cut down on the meats and I am not doing much drinks besides water and tea.
    I will defintly look into the Ketogenic diet as I don't want to be on Duromine for too long. I am hoping that by being on it I will train myself to also only eat when I need fuel and not for other reasons :)
    I hear you loud and clear when you say "I realised I cant handle sugar as I just cant get enough of it when I eat it" as I am the same even though I am diabetic.
    Hope you doing well - will keep you posted
    So far 4kgs down last we checked - cant see it but I do feel love handles are smaller :)

#7 Aug 17, 2017
  8. Determined2try

Determined2try Active Member
    Standard Member

Oh my Gosh! Your story is just amazing! I'm about to start my duromine. I'm 83kg now and I'm aiming for 70kg by Aug 12 for a family wedding. I'll be sooooo over the moon (and then some) if I get results like yours. But in the meantime, I've bookmarked your page for inspiration. Congratulations once again, what a fantastic achievement!

#8 May 19, 2018
  9. Justkati

Justkati New Member
    Standard Member

Thanku for sharing
    Awesome work. Thanku

#9 Apr 28, 2019
  10. Awexx

Awexx New Member
    Standard Member

i would be interested in what you told you doctor in order to obtain the original script.
    I have very simular age and weight and goals.
    Would you please reply?

#10 May 8, 2019