12 days in..

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by McKenzie18, Aug 27, 2019.

1. McKenzie18

McKenzie18 Member
    Standard Member

Starting Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Height:
    Lost:
    Goal Weight:
    Hi! I am new to this forum, which looks like a great place for support and to keep motivated. I am 12 days in on Duromine and have weighed in just once, losing 4.4 kilos. I am thrilled with that result! I suspect I have lost more since, as I tried my 'fat pants' on this morning and they were way too big. I'm not a big fan of the scales, but it is a measure! The first few nights I had broken sleep but that soon went away and I try and take them between 5am - 6am. Dry mouth is the other symptom, but my water intake is great :) I have no other issues and in fact am experiencing some extra energy so I have upp'ed my usual daily workout to include a few extra for the week. I am eating just lean protein and vegetables for lunch and dinner with 1 or 2 pieces of fruit and black tea or coffee throughout the day. I don't eat after 6.30/7.00 or before 8.30/9.00 and sometimes will extend that fast to 16 or 18 hours. I have also done 2, 36 hour fasts which I'll continue to do once a week, throughout this and ongoing as well. As the weight comes off, I will slowly start to introduce a little more food and variety. So far so good!

#1 Aug 27, 2019
    April and Tyler simpson like this.
  2. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member

Welcome to the forum!!! And wow wow wow! What a result! Your approach to weight loss is fantastic! And the weight loss recipe is very modern and looks like it does work great for you. Btw, scales are not always the best way to measure your weight loss. There are many people out there, especially those, who exercise well, who notice small changes on the scales, yet HUGE results with measurements and clothes. Keep up the great work!!!

#2 Aug 27, 2019
  3. McKenzie18

McKenzie18 Member
    Standard Member

Thank you so much!

#3 Aug 27, 2019
  4. McKenzie18

McKenzie18 Member
    Standard Member

Hi, I wanted to update on my progress. One month down and I have lost 9.8 kilos. Really happy with the result. I’d like to lose another 4 to hit my goal so I’ll do another month on Duromine and then wean off it the first few weeks of the last months script I have. What’s worked well for me is the fasting regime. I usually do a 16/8 or 18/6 most days but have added in a 36 hour fast once a week as well. I’ve done 24s before without the Duromine so will probably keep going with these once a fortnight once I am at my goal and maintaining.

#4 Sep 13, 2019 at 4:14 PM
  5. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member

WOW WOW WOW!!!! Amazing result!!!!! So you found the fasting regime effective! Fantastic! It means you can easily keep the weight off, if you stick to it! I am so happy for you!
    Do you exercise?
    What do you eat within the allowed time frame?

#5 Sep 13, 2019 at 5:40 PM
  6. McKenzie18

McKenzie18 Member
    Standard Member

Hi April - thank you, I am thrilled too!

Yes, I exercise every day. I do a mix of cardio circuit, boxing, strength training Monday-Friday and walking/hiking/hill running on the weekends.

I usually eat 2 meals in the eating window. That consists of around about 100-120g lean protein (chicken breast, lean beef, turkey mince, prawns) and 120-150g of vegetables (not eating starchy vege just yet) for lunch and dinner. I also eat 2-3 pieces of medium sized fruit (apples, orange, mandarin, peach, nectarine) and 3-4 brown rice cakes. Loads of green and black tea and a weak black coffee every couple of days (I’ve tried to stay off coffee on the Duromine). I haven’t used any oil in my cooking either..just using herbs and spices for seasoning.

Once I hit the goal, the plan is to increase the serving size of the veggies and add in some nuts and healthy fats like olive oil and avocado. Yum!

#6 Sep 13, 2019 at 5:50 PM
    April likes this.
  7. McKenzie18

McKenzie18 Member
    Standard Member

Oh also, I supplement every day except full fast days, with calcium, magnesium powder, selenium drops, vitamin B complex and fish oil. I’m low at the best of times in iron and vitamin D too so I take that every day as well.

#7 Sep 13, 2019 at 5:54 PM
    April likes this.
  8. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member

WOOOOW!!! Amazing! what a huge dedication you show!
    Just a small remark. If you plan on having just a couple more weeks on Duromine, okay - wait until you hit the goal to add the nuts and healthy fats. If there is a possibility that it might take a bit longer, better add some healthy fats now. Otherwise you risk having your hair, skin and nails in a sad condition when you finish Duromine. And many people blame it on the pills, while in fact their diet simply lacked any fats or essential elements that our body needs to maintain these parts of our body

#8 Sep 13, 2019 at 5:56 PM
  9. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member

Nevermind my previous message now that you've added the info about your supplements :))))))
    Your approach is VERY WISE! Applause to you!

#9 Sep 13, 2019 at 5:57 PM
  10. McKenzie18

McKenzie18 Member
    Standard Member

Haha! Thanks, appreciate your support and encouragement!!

#10 Sep 13, 2019 at 5:58 PM
    April likes this.